UPDATED: Guests days and prices

showmasters

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man I really want a pic with George Romero. Must win Euro Millions tomorrow it's the only way!

Christa

You'll have to share the prize with me. :dance:

If I win Euro Milllions I'll buy you ALL a pic with George Romero!

is this really about the guests being in popular shows the reason they are £20....or is just the beginning of a price hike in all guests eventually?....£15 guests becoming £20....and £10 guests becoming £15.

Exactly - It's swings and roundabouts. Some guests are cheaper than you think they will be, others more expensive. What's the point in wasting energy moaning ? It wont change anything ....

MARVIN CAMPBELL-----------Sat---------------£10----1st time signer

His announcement thread says Sunday only - can we have clarification please ?

It's nice to know what days guests are doing, especially considering I was only coming Sunday anyway! But the prices are a bit high for me to actually buy autos, but hey at least I can say I've actually seen the guests I wanted, even if I don't actually go up and buy anything off them.

Damn me and not having enough cash to buy all the autos I want...maybe its time to plant a new money tree!! :lol:

Of the four conventions i want to go to it all adds up so far to £530 and that isn`t including train fare. So far there is no-one signed up for G-MEX i`m interested in but if that changes i`ll have to start panicking. There isn`t much saving time left is there.

I must say I am shocked to see that Micheal Shanks and Chris Judge are more expensive then Kevin Sorbo, as Kevin is a lead actor, had two of his own shows. Plus TV movies as the lead. Come on both Shanks and Judge guest stared on HIS show, which just shows they are not as big as actors.

Shanks - Stargate as main cast not lead. Guest spots on Andromeda, CSI, 24

Chris Judge - Stargate, sorry but there is no other main screem stuff he as done.

Kevin Sorbo - Hercules, Andromeda - As lead actor, Walking Tall 2 & 3 plus loads of others.

Shanks and Judge have also done far more signing then Sorbo, which should lower there signing price.

Just seems a bit unbalenced to me!!!

What do other people say.

I must say I am shocked to see that Micheal Shanks and Chris Judge are more expensive then Kevin Sorbo, as Kevin is a lead actor, had two of his own shows. Plus TV movies as the lead. Come on both Shanks and Judge guest stared on HIS show, which just shows they are not as big as actors.

Chris Judge - Stargate, sorry but there is no other main screem stuff he as done.

Kevin Sorbo - Hercules, Andromeda - As lead actor, Walking Tall 2 & 3 plus loads of others.

Shanks and Judge have also done far more signing then Sorbo, which should lower there signing price.

Empirically I can't argue with your points, but I will say this : - Shanks and Judge will sell a lot more autographs over the weekend than Kevin Sorbo will. That's not a reflection on the relative talent of the 3 of them. It's just an economic fact. And the more demand there is for something, the more it costs. That's why George Takei can suddenly command a bit more money for these events - because of Heroes.

I'm not saying it's right - I happen to have a lot of time for Sorbo - but at the end of the day Shanks and Judge will have longer queues, and also you can guarantee a large percentage of people there will be there for both - meaning two autographs sold straight out of the box....

Hercules: Four years and forgotten. Stargate SG-1: 10 seasons, with several spin off shows and movies on the way. Stargate dwarfs everythign Kevin Sorbo has done in popularity, and I think most Stargate fans consider Daniel Jackson to be a pretty major character. Huh?

Edited by Psychosis

Hercules: Four years and forgotten. Stargate SG-1: 10 seasons, with several spin off shows and movies on the way. Stargate dwarfs everythign Kevin Sorbo has done in popularity, and I think most Stargate fans consider Daniel Jackson to be a pretty major character. Huh?

Hercules for one lasted Six Seasons and had a spin off in Xena which also lasted Six seasons. Andromeda lasted 5 seasons. I would like to see Shanks or Judge be a lead in two hit shows that last that long. As we all know SG-1 has and always will be RDAs show, and after he left the ratings droped. To the point where the spin off Atlantis was getting higher ratings then its mother show.

Last time Kevin Sorbo was in the UK doing a signing event he was busier then one of the big rare Trek guests. Yes I know Stargate is hugh on the popualarity scale at the min but again neither of these two guys are the lead guys. They are not Richard Dean Anderson who is the lead in stargate. Also they have done loads of signings in the UK over the past 10 years so you would think that would also drop the price.

But hay ho that is my little rant for the day.

Hercules for one lasted Six Seasons and had a spin off in Xena which also lasted Six seasons. Andromeda lasted 5 seasons. I would like to see Shanks or Judge be a lead in two hit shows that last that long. As we all know SG-1 has and always will be RDAs show, and after he left the ratings droped. To the point where the spin off Atlantis was getting higher ratings then its mother show.

Last time Kevin Sorbo was in the UK doing a signing event he was busier then one of the big rare Trek guests. Yes I know Stargate is hugh on the popualarity scale at the min but again neither of these two guys are the lead guys. They are not Richard Dean Anderson who is the lead in stargate. Also they have done loads of signings in the UK over the past 10 years so you would think that would also drop the price.

I'm sorry for the confusion, but Daniel Jackson is most definitely a MAIN character. The fans consider Jack and Daniel to be the main characters of the show and there was uproar at the suggestion that either of them leave. Andromeda and Hercules combined have not even touched the impact of Stargate, the most long running sci-fi show ever. I just suggested to my obsessive stargate fan that DJ may not be a lead character and she exploded.

I'm sorry for the confusion, but Daniel Jackson is most definitely a MAIN character. The fans consider Jack and Daniel to be the main characters of the show and there was uproar at the suggestion that either of them leave. Andromeda and Hercules combined have not even touched the impact of Stargate, the most long running sci-fi show ever. I just suggested to my obsessive stargate fan that DJ may not be a lead character and she exploded.

Oh well thats one less for C12 then, do you need to borrow a mop to clear the mess up?!

Ok I am sorry to tell you that Micheal Shanks is not a Lead actor, yes he is a main character but not the lead actor, The show was called Richard Dean Anderson in Stargate SG-1 for the first 8 seasons they made the role just for him, come on he was the exe productor for 8 years.

Even in the last two seasons Amanda Tapping and Ben Bowler was given high billing then Chris and Micheal.

Again, this is what makes forums great where we can have discussions like this. Breaks up my day at work.

Even in the last two seasons Amanda Tapping and Ben Bowler was given high billing then Chris and Micheal.

Again, this is what makes forums great where we can have discussions like this. Breaks up my day at work.

The name would be Ben Browder, not Bowler. [/fangirl mode]

Sorry, couldn't resist. *g*

The name would be Ben Browder, not Bowler. [/fangirl mode]

Sorry, couldn't resist. *g*

I spotted I got it wrong after posting but could not be arsed to edit it.

Have to agree with the concensus. Stargate was, and always will be, RDAs show. Even when he's not there he casts a shadow over the whole franchise.

I used to love Stargate, I really did, but whatever anyone says when RDA left the show went into an immediate, noticable, decline. Like the X Files, I think Stargate is an example of a show that should have been allowed to end gracefully, perhaps with a TV movie or two (a la McGyver).

And for a final rant, when will people understand that killing your main characters and replacing them with counterparts from an alternate universe DOESNT MEAN THEY'VE COME BACK TO LIFE. THEY'RE DEAD. Just like Harry Kim in Voyager - HE'S DEAD. HE GOT BLOWN OUT OF A FRIGGING AIRLOCK, INTO SPACE. DEAL WITH IT.

HARRY KIM AND STARGATE CAST - RIP

320x240.jpg

Lets face it, people passionate about different fandoms are never going to agree. If you're not happy with what SM are charging for a particular guest's autograph, then don't get one, no-one is being forced to part with their money.

I thought that Michael Shanks was technically second on the cast list because he got the "and..." at the end. Or am I confused by that?

Stargate, the most long running sci-fi show ever.

No it's not. I'm pretty sure Doctor Who can claim that title.