Who is ACTUALLY GONNA TRY to meet Patrick Stewart at LFCC?

nicky

Who is GONNA TRY to meet Patrick Stewart at £25?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who is GONNA TRY to meet Patrick Stewart at £25?

• I'm going to LFCC and YES, I DO wanna meet him at £25
    • I'm going to LFCC and NO, I DON'T wanna meet him at £25
    • NOT GOING TO LFCC!!!!!

This poll is just to anticipate how busy Patrick Stewart will be. We'll assume he's £25..

Please answer the poll as it says, dont vote YES if you're not even going but do want to meet him. There's always a few. Obviously if you are going to LFCC but not interested in him, vote NO.

Who here is actually going to LFCC and will pay £25 to meet him?

No I will not be seing him at 25 an auto, he may/may not be worth that price, if that is what he is going for, but I saw him once got all the autos I wanted bar one, for 20 each and due to the fact that Im at another con while he is here I wont be wasting my time or money....

Again showmasters have put one of there cons on at the same time as another con, so now my oppinion of showmasters to down and down and down...

Hope you guys that do go have a good time though.....

Am intitled to epress my feelings however I like so longs as its harming no one else

Wow, so you joined just to post that little rant?

This event is at Earls Court.... a small little venue that is, none the less, kinda popular! I dount they get a lot of say as to which weekend in September it's going to be held on.

For the record, I think this is a great coup and will definitely be getting at least 1 item signed by Mr Stewart (probably something X2 related)

Yes I am going to meet him, even though I met him at an event in January. He is a vv rare guest, and at that talk he said so himself, and he also said he would not be able to go to another event for a very very long time, so to have him at LFCC is amazing, and he prob only said yes cos he lives near.

I can always find something for him to sign!!

For those being critical because of another event on the same weekend... why?!?! That event has gone downhill so much, and even the regulars have said so. A gmex was on the same weekend as that show once, and regardless of the guests, I went to gmex. There are 2 'big' events that have gone downhill in my mind recently, but SM keep getting great guests, and providing a great weekend.

God, at the january event, someone from the clashing event (confusing) kept hounding me to go to it, and I kept asking them to leave me alone, but they wouldn't. tbh I wouldn't go now if I was paid to, I don't want that kinda treatment.

SM rock, simple as ;)

No I will not be seing him at 25 an auto...
Nice font.

I don't blame him/her after the s*** I've seen people get just for voicing an opinion.

No I will not be seing him at 25 an auto...
Nice font.

I don't blame him/her after the s*** I've seen people get just for voicing an opinion.

It depends on the circumstances... this person joined to make that post and only made the one, nonsensical post. They are almost certainly linked with whatever event is running the same week and are blatantly just bitter.

(though as I'm a con fan and I've no idea what event they're talking about, maybe they should spend MORE of that energy actually finding ways to promote their event, instead of just bitching about this one.)

In conclusion, yes, some people get grief for posting an opinion, but to me, the opinion of someone who is an SM regular and has posted on here a while, is considerably more valid than someone who creates a log-in, just to make one post of (often misinformed) negativity.

yes, some people get grief for posting an opinion, but to me, the opinion of someone who is an SM regular and has posted on here a while, is considerably more valid than someone who creates a log-in, just to make one post
That's a very good point actually.

yes, some people get grief for posting an opinion, but to me, the opinion of someone who is an SM regular and has posted on here a while, is considerably more valid than someone who creates a log-in, just to make one post

Thats very rude of you, now you know why it has taken me so long to make a first post in this board...

So unless I've posted hundreds of times on these forums anything I post means nothing to anyone?

• Moderators

It's not that it means "nothing", I just think people prefer members who take part in discussion and contribute something to these forums rather than just deciding to 'join up' to post something negative as it's not exactly the best first impression you can give.

Of course everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it's not that nice to become a member of a forum just to criticise the organisers.

Even if events clash, people find a way to attend both if necessary, and it very rarely ruins things for anyone anyway. While some events may have similarities, they have a lot of differences too. Sometimes a signing event run by Showmasters clashes with a convention which can often have a completely different group of attendees. Sure, there'll be some cross-over but not majorly.

*EDIT*

And also people can often get suspicious of first-time posters saying overly negative things. We get a lot of 'banned' people re-joining, and rival organisers trying to stir sh!t up etc. Not saying that's you obviously, but it does happen.

Edited by DavidB

Maybe..im on the fence about meeting him..after paying £45 per auto from him at an event in jan, and having gotten everything done there, dont see any need to meet him again..

But saying that, im sure I could find something for him to sign, and if SM do photoshoots with him i'll definetly be getting one of them, and paying to have it signed.

I'd be willing to put money that you've had otehr aliases on here before.

YOU are a troll... almost certainly one who is linked to another event organiser.

Yo Phantom,

With a username like, "phantom_of_the_www", it's bound to raise eyebrows as someone who is trying to hide their true identity...and I seriously doubt that you, sir, are a Lloyd Webber fan.

Plus your signature is "quit treading on the little guys" which makes it sound like you have a point to make?

Edited by nicky

even though he just did an event at £45 per sig (and even though he is a rare signer, that is just silly for a signeture), I would be ok with paying £25 here but NOT more than £25! Until Carrie Fisher and Shattner, SM only ever charged £20 per sig max with the majority being £15 and of course the odd person being £10 (normally some one from a tv show or film in the "waaaaay back" catergory unfortunately :() so I feel that if another exception is made and PS is to be more than £25, then it puts no limit on future guests being expensive which is a shame as generally guests as signing shows are £15 each. I know, I know, these things have inflation and everything which is all well and good, but it doesn't mean that the rest of us get paid more!!

erm yes, does that make sense?! B)

surfy sah xx

Eh. I doubt it, mostly because of the crowds that there're most likely going to wind up being. If that sentence makes sense. I don't like being pushed about in a queue, and when there are a lot of people it's not easily avoidable. I'm not big enough of a fan of his to voluntarily put myself through that.