Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you .....

• Showmasters Admin

Another show is finally over, and once again we would like to say a huge thank you to all our crew. You're an amazing bunch and it really wouldn't be possible to run these events without you. We cannot begin to express just how much we appreciate your help and dedication!

There are a few special mentions we would like to make, to those who work above and beyond the call of duty to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. These are the individuals who are up well beyond their bedtimes sorting out the little things which make the big things happen. You can usually spot these people by the glazed and slightly unhinged look in their eyes, large mug of coffee in one hand and bundle of paperwork or power tools in the other. Ahh, sleep deprivation and adrenaline is such a heady combination! So, in no particular order (and HUGE apologies if I forget anyone!), we would like you to put your hands together for:

Stuart - who I don't think has slept in weeks and has spent the best part of a month buried under a mound of paperwork. Have a whole day off on us, mate!

Davey - despite working on a dodgy old PC which sounds like it's having a seizure, he still manages to come up with some wacky graphics even on a tight deadline (pink crew badges with orange t-shirts.... well really!)

Auntie Jola - without her we would all be homeless!

Auntie Kate - for keeping us all organised on the day

Auntie Diane - for organising the food and water for us all

Hannah - for being our personal slave in the week before the show, and for sorting out all the ticket problems (and sorry we turned you from a nice, sweet girl into the snarling secretary from hell in only 5 days!!)

James - for... well... being James!

Paul - for doing his thing

Sparks - we love you, you deaf old cantankerous fool, even when you shout at us! Ops wouldn't have worked without your expertise

Elvis - our own Mr Fixit! If there's something strange... in your signing pit... who you gonna call....?

Wendy - for running the organisers booth

Malcolm, Julie and the photo session crew - this was the first time we have run anything like this but you managed to pull it off in style!

Barry and his team - always on their feet working behind the scenes

Kevin Davies - for stepping in at short notice to run the talks on Sunday

And last but not least... all the pit bosses - I know it looks like they just stand around drinking coffee all day but they are the one's who deal with all the tough cookies, bizarre requests, unforseen situations, and a miriad of other difficulties, and without them it would all just descend into chaos!

We'd also like to give a special mention to Maggie grace, who got off the plane on Sunday morning after being awake for 48 hours on set of her latest movie, and came straight to the show to start signing. She was shaking and exhausted when she arrived but still insisted on going out there and meeting the fans. And to Elijah Wood for being such a trooper, working so hard over the weekend, and never saying no. Cheers mate!

As you may have realised by now we have a lot more shows planned for next year. We don't expect all of you to be able to crew every event, and please don't think that missing an event will reflect in any way on being picked for a later event. It won't. We know that you have to schedule your crewing around your regular jobs and it's not always possible to get the time off. That is one of the reasons why we have been taking on new crew and trying out new pit bosses. But whether you work at just one event or all eleven, your help is very much appreciated.

Without you we would be nothing.

Thank you all.

Andrea and Jason

Despite never getting a sandwich on Sunday, I still had a fantastic time this weekend. Especially at that crazy bar we had the crew party at, it was amazing! So thank you for letting me crew again and I'll hopefully see you guys at C10 :YAHOO:

And Andrea, that photo cd is brilliant! The black and white photos are especially amazing :thumbup: (even though I missed out on being in one :dance: )

I echo your thanks to Stuart, Jola, Kate, Davey etc all work so hard before the event that I'm surprised they still have the energy to carry on with the weekend. On saying that - without you, Jason and Andrea there wouldn't ever have been a Showmasters for us to crew at. So thank you from me for allowing me the pleasure of helping at some of the most memorable events I have been to in years. I'm sure I speak for most of the crew when I say if we didn't enjoy it we wouldn't be there.

As has become a motto over the last couple of shows :-

SHOWMASTERS CREW ROCK

Edited by Valentine

Andrea and Jason

We couldn't do the hobby we love, with the people we love without you and your team organising it, so thank you, it is always an honour and pleasure to be picked to crew for you. Yet again another fabulous event, thanks also to the pitbosses and fellow crew for being the great gang you are. I will try and make as many of the 11 that my bank balance and time off will allow, see you at the next mad weekend.

Andy x

also want to say thanks to everyone! andrea, jason, stuart, davey, jola, kate and every one else you guys all work so hard and its always a pleasure to be part of the show! i hope to do as many events as i can and that u want me for!

*big hugs*

emma x

:D:P

No problem:)

Had a fab time and as it was my first one for Showmasters, I wanna thank you lot for putting up with me.

I really lost my voice the next day - I am sure I talked way too much over the weekend.

Hugs to all and thanks again

k:)

• Moderators

Thankyou Showmasters for making our first LFACC an unforgetable event, me and Mark had a great time as always, We want to thank you and everyone else involved in the event and we hope we will see you all soon.

I'd also like to thank you for letting me have the chance to be Elijah Wood's PA for the day on Sunday, I had the most brilliant day thank you :dance::YAHOO::dance:

Thanks again and keep up the excellent work.

Mark and Claire :dance:

Edited by mrsclairecarter

Thank-you. Im still so tird but this will change soon.. I am wondering what to do with myself now though, 3months with no shows, a couple of contracts here and there, but a quiet 3 months, ill be bored out of my mind :dance:

Thanks again.

A

• Moderators

No problem:)

Had a fab time and as it was my first one for Showmasters, I wanna thank you lot for putting up with me.

I really lost my voice the next day - I am sure I talked way too much over the weekend.

Hugs to all and thanks again

k:)

You did seem a little bit chatty :dance:

Awwww shucks you guys...... it was nothing...... :dance:

Ok, so I lie....... :dance:

I don't think anyone realises how much work actually goes on behind the scenes prior to a show, then it still continues during the show and after! The lack of sleep, the endless late nights, the continued nervous breakdowns, yada yada.

But we do it because we love it! :YAHOO:

Without you guys at SM Towers, we wouldn't have these amazing shows or the friendships we have built.

You guys rock!

I would just like to thank SM for giving me the opportunity to crew for LFCC. It was my first time of doing it and had a wicked time, hard work and tiring...yeah..but totally awesome.

On my first day I was taking money for Carrie Fisher...i mean CARRIE FISHER...awesome :wub:

Next day....Talks...that definately made my weekend....Thank you all so much, love going to conventions but this is right up there with the best of em.

Cheers :wub:

We had fun guys !!.. Come to think of it..when do we ever not ?

Big thanks to Julie and the rest of my fellow photoshoot crew on saturday.

All the usual gang (you know WHO you are..love you all to bits)

And a big thanks to Rachel Luttrell..for making me laugh all Sunday and keeping me sane in the hot sticky weather, and for being such a great guest, I've never sat with anyone like her and probably wont again. hehe

I'd like to add a HUGE thankyou to SM cuz sunday was just THE most amazing day! I was smiling all day yesterday and it was all down to you! (well, Elijah might have had a tiny bit to do with it lol) (...does that sound dodgy!? nvm lol)

Also wanted to say how fookin marvellous the layout was for Elijah's queue, pat on the back whoever thought of it! :D

Thanks to everyone!

Hello to my Saturday Pit Boss Andrea and my Sunday Pit Boss Andrew.

JOY JOY JOY at having met sweet, hardworking Elijah Wood. I finally got my autos around 5.20pm on Sunday and despite his obvious weariness Elijah was still sweet and patient and very tolerant of the hearty, over-friendly (!!) fans who hailed him like a brother, grabbed his hand, shook it with great violence, and asked him how his career was going... He is TRULY a worthy guest.

I was - as always - kind of shy; respectful and quiet and inwardly THRILLED. I thanked him sincerely for coming over. He immediately said 'Oh, you're welcome!' and said of the now-deleted black/green Fellowship birthday card I asked him to sign, "Wow! This is great. Where did you get it?" I only managed to get five things signed, so hurry back, Elijah.

Thanks to ALL the amazing guests, and to the hot, sweaty, sore-footed crew (I was one of them!) who put in so many hours without a break and, in many cases, without a sandwich - no time to eat.

Thanks to all at SM for giving us a lineup to remember, and for planning so many new and exciting cons.

Hello again to Sparks!

I hope to see you all at C10.

Love,

Pauline XX

Awwww shucks you guys...... it was nothing......:thumbup:

Ok, so I lie....... :lol:

I don't think anyone realises how much work actually goes on behind the scenes prior to a show, then it still continues during the show and after! The lack of sleep, the endless late nights, the continued nervous breakdowns, yada yada.

But we do it because we love it! :blush:

Without you guys at SM Towers, we wouldn't have these amazing shows or the friendships we have built.

You guys rock!

Thankyou to Jason, Andrea, + team,

Jola is so right :

Is is always a joy to volunteer and always a privilege not to be taken lightly. I hope to work with everyone in the future, if I get picked to crew that is.

Pics to follow soon,

Shabs :WINCE:

Edited by Shabs

I would just like to add my thanks to all mentioned above. Without you all the shows would not happen, and most of us appreciate just how hard you all work. - A lot of people would never get the chance to meet their heroes without your dedication.

Part of the event i love most is watching the reaction of people who get to see someone they have always enjoyed watching on screen. Whether it be cinema or tv the realisation of a dream for some people is just amazing to watch - some cry, some are so nervous they can't speak and some can't stop smiling.

Showmasters make a lot of dreams come true and it fantastic to be part of that!

London seemed to be very relaxed to me - i got a lot of comments on how good the crew were and how they went out of their way to help people.

Overall a fabulous event - and i look forward to doing many more.

Roll on the next one :thumbup:

Hopefully see you all soon

xx

Ally

It truly is a priviledge to work for you - thank you.

You work really hard to bring it all together and I also love to see the sheer pleasure and joy on faces when someone gets to meet a guest special to them.

The weekend was great as always and I hope to be chosen again.

Kx

As always it was wonderful to work with the entire team. I cannot think of any other job that when it goes right gives such an amazing amount of satisfaction.

I too am one of those that love watching people's reactions when they finally get close to their heroes and feel privileged that I get picked to crew so I can stock up every few months on those warm fuzzy moments.

My own special thanks must go out to Jola :thumbup: . I certainly owe you lots of coffee's/tequilla.

Love to all at SM Towers and hopefully see you all at the next one.

Dawn

DavidB - A little chatty! :YAHOO:

Hey I was having fun - being let of of my cage for a while!;:wub:

Seriously though - it was an honour - what Jola and Shabs are saying is so true. SO much effort is put in by the guys who work behind the scenes and it is only with those people that the shows run so smoothly.

Hugs to all those involved.

Pooks

ahh i love another chance to say thanks for the opportunity to crew!!

i had an amazing time and it was worth every second :)

I hope i can come back again and crew the next time :)

Thanks for all the queue advice and guidance on Sunday John! and for all the help i got from pit bosses. itw as great working with everyone!!

Hi

I second all of the comments made above. Although things are a way from being really great, this was possibly the best big show I have had this year.

It was the hardest setup, but also the fastest breakdown (even without the confusion, apologies to Stuart and Elvis). Earls Court is a huge place but after two shows there, and four shows in London in total, this was a really big show that was realy well excecuted. This was helped by a Crew that can just get on and do things regardless of whether they are in a shopping centre, exhibition centre, sports centre or a posh hotel.

And like many here, I hope I can work with you all again soon.

Paul