Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models?

nicky

Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to get on my high horse here about this and I dont apologise for it either. When it comes down to it, we go to LFCC to meet actors/actresses/artists we like because we admire their talent or the contribution they've made to the films/shows/comics they've been involved in. All these girls have are large breasts.

Oh and as for them not being listed in IMDB, that's because IMDB dont list non-speaking or walk-on parts. They can't list every Tom, richard or Harriet who appears for 3 seconds in a show.

Edited by jacksparrowsmistress

who ever said this was only scifi/comics? LOTR falls into neither category, yet there's been a fair few guests from it.
Not being picky but LOTR is fantasy which is a sub-catagory of sceince fiction and/or vice versa. But it ceratinly has a cult following which I think is the main theme with most things here.

true, to an extent.

i consider fantasy seperate from scifi - its mystical, and more medieval, than any scifi. though i do see where you're coming from, scifi is SCIENCE fiction, and magic has nothing to do with science and vice versa. just my opinion.

I'm going to get on my high horse here about this and I dont apologise for it either. When it comes down to it, we go to LFCC to meet actors/actresses/artists we like because we admire their talent or the contribution they've made to the films/shows/comics they've been involved in. All these girls have are large breasts.

Well they shall only get interest from people who enjoy that kinda stuff :D

plus they've been on TV.

personally, i think about 70% of the prequel star wars acting was crap. all the ppl there have behind them now is star wars, and no talent.

but then, i'm not over-fussy on star wars.

maybe if you were obsessed with footballers wives you'd be more interested, but hey. you aren't, i'm not either.

so?

i don't oppose star wars guests, and these 2 are gonna be popular too. whats the difference?

as far as i can see, none whatsoever - except star wars ppl got a better break, and these two have been left on the benches.

When it comes down to it, we go to LFCC to meet actors/actresses/artists we like because we admire their talent or the contribution they've made to the films/shows/comics they've been involved in.

And? No-one likes EVERY announced guest there do they..

Nothing bad meant about them, but im just using these as EXAMPLES of what im trying to get at next:

Shaun Dingwall, Paul Blake, Ian Hanmore, Tom Smith, (Elijah Wo.. ;) kidding ) etc..Oh noes I have no idea who they are!! So why are they at this event? Aww man its so unfair! I come to these shows to see people I like and admire!!!

See..not everyone knows or likes everyone attending, yet people dont complain about them? So why should the girls be any different? Some DO know them and like/want to meet them for varying reasons, others dont, like most people signing..

Really its kinda victimisation against them because of their jobs (or pure simple jelousy from people lol)

All these girls have are large breasts.

And very nice ones they are too :D

• Moderators

On the issue of them just being there to look good and have boobs etc .. so?!

Are you saying that people DON'T meet any of the guests just because they fancy them? Just because they watch their tv shows or their films because they think they're "fit" or something?

Surely that shallow approach to a "film" guest is just as "bad" as having these models, right? ;)

Or is it ok to like the look of the other guests because they've done something relevant? :D

And no, before anyone replies, I'm NOT saying that you can fancy them OR like their work, I know you can do both, but it's certainly true that some attendees aren't really a fan of LOTR for example, but fancy Elijah and would be more than happy to meet him purely for aesthetic reasons!

In the end, guests are there for different reasons, and attendees MEET them for different reasons. No one should be criticised.

Edited by DavidB

Just look at the other SM events that models etc have appeared at

LFCC3- before the event, the forums were busy, yet after the event hardly a peep

C8- Sandra Taylor, who was good enough to register on these forums, and tell it from her point of view.

I met her, and found her really nice indeed, and she seemed to be busy most of the time.

So, after LFCC4, I'll be interested and watching to see if this thread stays on the 1st page, and I doubt it will.

as has been said, it's not like someone is holding a gun to your head, and saying "You WILL/MUST meet both these models"

How many screaming "girlie fans' will be meeting Elijah just because they think he is cute? The same also applied to Robert Pattinson as most of his Q at both events he's attended was made up of girls/women.

I really don't mind them being there.I won't be seeing them myself but I'm sure there will be people going to meet them.

Anyone remember Sandy Thomas at one of the collectormania's?Ok she's had film and Tv parts but was there mostly to promote her playboy work.She was very popular and was a really nice lass.

So I just think its broading the guest spectrum really

Models have been to sm events before Sandra Taylor at C8, Erika Eliniak was in Playboy before Baywatch

KITTY CLAW and MORRIGAN HEL at lfcc 2005 and others at the florida fx show 2006

The fact remains that these models have been asked there by an artist and if he uses them for inspiration for his comic and you love the comic then i am sure you might be interested in meeting them. You will almost certainly not like every guest at a sm event and almost certainly wont be interested in every stall but they have a right to be there.

not the most uptodate info... this is from her events page - and its the only item!! :D

The A*to sp*rt sh*w @ The B*********m ***

**th-**th of January 2006

i know its a past show, but i've edited it so that i can't be caught for advertisin the show! ;)

i am female and i have no problem with these ladies being at lfcc. like rich said eye candie is good and it works both ways.

howmany women will or have complained about these guests and how many of them will go and oggle elijah or nathan, etc.

i have the greatest respect for anyone who knows what they want to do and go out and do it. if that means becomeing apage 3 girl then so be it.

elfqueen

i am female and i have no problem with these ladies being at lfcc. like rich said eye candie is good and it works both ways.

howmany women will or have complained about these guests and how many of them will go and oggle elijah or nathan, etc.

i have the greatest respect for anyone who knows what they want to do and go out and do it. if that means becomeing apage 3 girl then so be it.

elfqueen

Yeah I was going to add the Elijah and Nathan comments that have been made in the past, we too have something to look at now. Oh.........and Maggie Grace! ;)

[quote name='srbarker' date='Jun 20 2006, 12:44 AM' post='990431'

The fact remains that these models have been asked there by an artist and if he uses them for inspiration for his comic and you love the comic then i am sure you might be interested in meeting them.

When I used to buy comics direct from the publisher they had lots of different comics on sale and boy some of those covers were very racey - also when I think back to any of the graphic artwork books you can pick up in sci fi shops many of them are the same. So it just goes to show that comics use risque stuff too and as srbarker says they have to get their inspiration from somewhere.

[quote name='srbarker' date='Jun 20 2006, 12:44 AM' post='990431'

The fact remains that these models have been asked there by an artist and if he uses them for inspiration for his comic and you love the comic then i am sure you might be interested in meeting them.

When I used to buy comics direct from the publisher they had lots of different comics on sale and boy some of those covers were very racey - also when I think back to any of the graphic artwork books you can pick up in sci fi shops many of them are the same. So it just goes to show that comics use risque stuff too and as srbarker says they have to get their inspiration from somewhere.

Your looking too deep mate, the fact remains they are..........FIT!

Sorry to be so shallow but the fact they havnt appeared in a film or been in a comic doesnt bother me at all :blush:

Your looking too deep mate, the fact remains they are..........FIT!

Sorry to be so shallow but the fact they havnt appeared in a film or been in a comic doesnt bother me at all :D

Exactly. I'm the same. They're there to look good and that's what they'll do, and will do well! :blush: