Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models?

nicky

Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models?

• Yes
    • No

Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models? Apparently they have been invited as guests by a stallholder and artist Duncan Gutteridge and not SM themselves...but have done some TV.

I never said they should or shouldn't be there and never questioned their talent but others have...This thread has been re-phrased and re-started...I DON'T MIND THEM

Edited by nicky

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see why they're going to be there, they're not involved in film, television or comics so it's not appropriate. They'd be more appropriate at Autographica where anything goes. I think it's scraping the barrel to be honest.

holly did footballers wives?

ebony did some spoof bond stuff i think?

thats TV.

plus, as i said in the other (deleted) thread - they've been invited by a STALLHOLDER in association with SM rather than directly by SM (cheers to vido for explaining this :angel: )

so they aren't really SM's guests are they?

Personally, I'd love to see them. Ok that may sound shallow, but how often do you get to see, or have a photo taken, (will that happen?) with a model in the flesh?...

I have no moral, or otherwise, objections to them being there. Some fear that things may not be "kept clean (for the kiddies)" to put it one way, personally I don't, but I could be proven wrong on the day, and by that I mean, if they were to start stripping or pole dancing or what ever, which is highly unlikely.

Obviously, I've never been to any of these shows or anything before, so I don't relate, but can kinda underastand the whole "they don't fit" argument.

I can't see why they're going to be there, they're not involved in film, television or comics so it's not appropriate. They'd be more appropriate at Autographica where anything goes. I think it's scraping the barrel to be honest.

thats TV.

plus, as i said in the other (deleted) thread - they've been invited by a STALLHOLDER in association with SM rather than directly by SM (cheers to vido for explaining this :angel: )

As far as I can tell, Holly was just a walk-on extra in Footballers Wives, I dont think that counts, and as far as the spoof Bond stuff, well I dont know about that, and neither does anyone else since she doesnt have an IMDB listing. As I said, they'd be more appropriate at another convention, just not this one.

As for them not being SM's guests, SM havent said that have they? They've announced them exactly teh same way they do all the others.

they've been invited by a STALLHOLDER in association with SM rather than directly by SMso they aren't really SM's guests are they?
Do SM not even get a cut for putting them on their guests' list?

they've been invited by a STALLHOLDER in association with SM rather than directly by SMso they aren't really SM's guests are they?
Do SM not even get a cut for putting them on their guests' list?

probably - i would assume so - but even so, my point is that they aren't directly invited by SM themselves

• Moderators

No one should speculate about what Showmasters get out of it, and I highly doubt Showmasters would even tell us. Information like that isn't anything to do with us, and does it even affect the poll choices?

It's been clearly stated in the announcements, I'm not gonna keep quoting and repeating it.

thats TV.

As far as I can tell, Holly was just a walk-on extra in Footballers Wives, I dont think that counts, and as far as the spoof Bond stuff, well I dont know about that, and neither does anyone else since she doesnt have an IMDB listing. As I said, they'd be more appropriate at another convention, just not this one.

As for them not being SM's guests, SM havent said that have they? They've announced them exactly teh same way they do all the others.

actually, this is the first line of Ebony's announcement:

We are pleased to announce our latest guest for London Film and Comic Con, appearing as guests of artist Duncan Gutteridge:

so thats clear that they aren't directly by SM, but instead Duncan Gutteridge.

as for the TV stuff: SM aren't gonna advertise them for stuff they haven't done. the spoof stuff must be accurate, otherwise it should never be mentioned, and i believe holly quit footballers wives because, as the new girl, she was expected to work for considerably less than the others were, and she wanted paid appropriately for her part. (thats my understanding from the papers. could be wrong - probably is - but its how i understood it.)

HOWEVER - even if she was an occasional walk-on, so are many of the star wars - third stormtrooper form the left on the 4th row from the back in the big battle in attack of the clones. ok, so thats an exxagerated reference i admit - but star wars fanatics wouldn't feel their collection complete without them, and some ppl wouldn't feel their collections complete without these two.

No one should speculate about what Showmasters get out of it, and I highly doubt Showmasters would even tell us. Information like that isn't anything to do with us, and does it even affect the poll choices?

It's been clearly stated in the announcements, I'm not gonna keep quoting and repeating it.

apologies, i'm not so much speculating as to what SM are getting, just pointing out that they aren't the only ones involved in inviting these guests ^_^

(may as well reiterate - i'm not affiliated with SM, whatever i say is my opinion unless supported by quotes from mods/SM/FAQ)

• Moderators

What I personally don't understand is when people reply and insult the models, and say that they're scraping the barrel, and they're crap, and that Showmasters should be focusing on getting more appropriate guests!?

Does anyone REALLY think that these two guests are gonna be there in place of two film/comic/tv people? They're not!

So if they're in ADDITION to the lineup, what's the problem?

I don't like Doctor Who, so I won't be seeing those guests. I don't post AHHHH DONT GET CRAP GUESTS! I just don't meet them. Surely it's as simple as that with the models too!

it was the same a show or two after LOTR finished... ppl were moanin about any guests comin from that.

yet star wars is 30 years ago... and the same ppl were beggin for those guests...

some are just moaners. others genuinely feel that the lineup is poor (i can't see why though - its a popularity lineup, while not bein too expensive on anyone :angel: )

all that we can do is find out the opinions. good AND bad.

Not interested in them. I don't mind that they're there, it's just another thing to have at the show, like the A-Team van @ G-Mex. They're like the guys promoting their comic books at the show, they no doubt want to spread awareness and possibly generate some word of mouth. This kind of event may widen their "fanbase" as it were and give them a better chance at landing a job in the future.

Bring 'em on, I won't be seeing them, but good luck to 'em anyway. <_<

Im not slating anything/body, but the two being their is kinda random. They have absoloutely nothing to do with Sci -fi or fantasy or comics (and I highly doubt either of them have any knowledge of these topics!) ???<_< People going to sign with them will only be doing it because there pretty or whatever!! I can't explain it but it just plain annoys me!!! I feel embarassed for them :D

Edited by Katey

I don't post AHHHH DONT GET CRAP GUESTS! I just don't meet them. Surely it's as simple as that with the models too!

In general I think it's an excellent line-up, even though I'm not interested in the majority of the fandoms. I just think these 2 ladies would be more appropriate at Autographica where there is a wider range of 'fandoms' as it were. And I dont think that you can compare the odd random stormtrooper or third orc from the left with a bit part in Footballers Wives. Sorry but those films are absolute classics and trash tv (yes it is) is just that.

Im not slating anything/body, but the two being their is kinda random. They have absoloutely nothing to do with Sci -fi or fantasy or comics (and I highly doubt either of them have any knowledge of these topics!) ???:headscratch: People going to sign with them will only be doing it because there pretty or whatever!! I can't explain it but it just plain annoys me!!! I feel embarassed for them <_<

Yeah there's probably no doubt people are going to see them cos they're gorgeous. There's no need to feel embarassed for them either, and also, you know nothing about them or what they know, and they could for all you know, absolutely love Sci-Fi and comics and stuff, even if they don't it makes no difference. They are most likely there to be models.

I don't like Doctor Who, so I won't be seeing those guests. I don't post AHHHH DONT GET CRAP GUESTS! I just don't meet them. Surely it's as simple as that with the models too!

Yeah I'm the same about pretty much everything else... To me, it's like, oh Dr. Who? not interested. ah well, say nothing, other people will like to see them.

Edited by Rising Phoenix

I don't post AHHHH DONT GET CRAP GUESTS! I just don't meet them. Surely it's as simple as that with the models too!

In general I think it's an excellent line-up, even though I'm not interested in the majority of the fandoms. I just think these 2 ladies would be more appropriate at Autographica where there is a wider range of 'fandoms' as it were. And I dont think that you can compare the odd random stormtrooper or third orc from the left with a bit part in Footballers Wives. Sorry but those films are absolute classics and trash tv (yes it is) is just that.

i don't argue that its trash tv - in MY opinion.

some ppl enjoy it. they'll want a collection of autos from it. thats all.

but the bit part in star wars is comparable to the bit part in tv - except in tv it can recurr a lot more times than a handful of films <_<

I'm thinking about meeting them, probably Ebony Gilbert, as I want to ask more about the Bond Spoofs.

IMDB, whilst It's good, it's not always accurate, and a search on Ebony Gilbert brings up an interview on the BBC website, in which she mentions she's done 2 Bond Spoofs.

Maybe SM should get John Rhys Davies back and we could ask him about his role as Hakim in Never Say Never Mind?

But IMDB does reveal the existence of Never Say Never Mind

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0302855/

and here's the BBC page I refer to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/features/2...poof_bond.shtml

Im not slating anything/body, but the two being their is kinda random. They have absoloutely nothing to do with Sci -fi or fantasy or comics (and I highly doubt either of them have any knowledge of these topics!) ???:headscratch: People going to sign with them will only be doing it because there pretty or whatever!! I can't explain it but it just plain annoys me!!! I feel embarassed for them <_<

thing is, who ever said this was only scifi/comics? LOTR falls into neither category, yet there's been a fair few guests from it.

its FILM AND COMIC - i interpret that as any and all filming of any sort, as well as comics. it leaves it open to bring in a wider audience, since its possible to bring in a wider range of actors/actresses.

I'm thinking about meeting them, probably Ebony Gilbert, as I want to ask more about the Bond Spoofs.

IMDB, whilst It's good, it's not always accurate, and a search on Ebony Gilbert brings up an interview on the BBC website, in which she mentions she's done 2 Bond Spoofs.

Maybe SM should get John Rhys Davies back and we could ask him about his role as Hakim in Never Say Never Mind?

But IMDB does reveal the existence of Never Say Never Mind

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0302855/

and here's the BBC page I refer to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/features/2...poof_bond.shtml

it also recognises footballers wives - yet as far as its aware, holly never appeared in that either.

don't think many ppl argue that she was there :P

agreed that its not accurate :D

Why cant people just quit their whining?? I notice its mostly women doing the full on whining, while guys are either yay or nay but thats pretty much it..

There at the event wether you like it or not, if you dont like them tough, just ignore them..half the cosplayers these days are dressed more slutty and all that but people dont whine about them and corrupting their kids..

The 'Max power live' event held in Birmingham each year is a CAR show event, yet they have an entire section for 'max power babes' including top models doing signings and posing for pics...but what do they have to do with cars? Yet you hear no complaints from them lol

Fans of page 3 girls would love to meet them, and if they cant make that event and go to lfcc, they now have the chance to meet two <_<

Bet none of the whiners takes it up with the guy who invited the girls along to the event in person! "Excuse me, but I yadda yadda that you invited these two here when they have nothing to do with what im interested in"

So yeesh..dont like it, dont moan about it!

who ever said this was only scifi/comics? LOTR falls into neither category, yet there's been a fair few guests from it.
Not being picky but LOTR is fantasy which is a sub-catagory of sceince fiction and/or vice versa. But it ceratinly has a cult following which I think is the main theme with most things here. Edited by nicky