Anyone going to LFCC alone?

Thank you all for your replies.

I live in West London, on the Piccadily line, so I don't mind the traveling alone part, I just don't want to get any weird looks from big groups of people in the queues.

I'll bring my iPod, as it'll give me something to do whilst queuing outside.

If I see any other people on their own, I'll be sure to say hi :thumbup:

What are you worried about? You don`t get big groups of sci-fi geeks dressed in Klingon/Trek uniforms who already know each other at these events. Most people go in ones or small groups and (whisper) actually look quite normal! :o You don`t get much chance to talk in depth but if you make small talk ie "Whose autos have you got so far?" "Do you know where the toilets are?" "How long have you been a Jedi? :lol: you should get by.

I have to work in the afternoon so will only get 1 1/2 hours to do the show before I have to leave but am hoping my brother in law will come as well and get the rest of our autos for me and my daughter. He and she are Doctor Who fans and she is hoping to dress as Princess Leia so she want Dr Who autos, a photo of Carrie with Kirstin and I want Lost auto`s and Don S Davis auto too.

I live near the end of the Picadilly line and work at the Airport btw, it is handy cos there are so many conventions here in London and around Heathrow and you get to go home to your own bed afterwards so it works out quite cheap for us ;) .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be on my own as usual. In fact in the 11 SM events that I've been to only 1 of those was with someone else.

I wouldn't worry about people singling to you out though. For the most part the people who go to these events are friendly and chatty anyway. Plus you'll blend in a crowd being average size - not so eay when you're 6' 4 with a predicliction for wearing a LOUD shirt

However, this year I'm not staying over and my train doesn't get into London until 10am so I'm going to have to see if some kind soul with get me a Carrie Fisher VT before I get to the venue. (hint, hint!!!!!!!)

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all the nice replies again!

I love that t-shirt! I will definitily stop and say hi to you nlindenj!

I am starting to get really excited about LF&CC now! This week has gone by so quickly, I just hope next week goes by just as quick!

I'm feeling more optimistic, and less anxious now about going alone! I will try to talk to people in the queue whilst we're all waiting outside.

I can't wait!

Hey, I'm pretty much going to be alone on Saturday. I went last year with someone but lost contact with them since. I'll try and hang around if you guys manage to get something planned, it'll be awesome to meet more people with the same interests.

Ooohh my first post lol *takes a bow*

Anywayz, I'll be going on my own too. I'm a bit nervous as this is my first con but I'm also very excited! I just know I'm going to stress myself out worrying about whether I'll get the VT's I want and all that stuff!

Hopefully I can get talking to some nice people in the queue =)

I have to buy my ticket on the day now so that makes me more anxious as well.

Natalie xxx

Where ya from natalie?

Anywayz, I'll be going on my own too. I'm a bit nervous as this is my first con but I'm also very excited! I just know I'm going to stress myself out worrying about whether I'll get the VT's I want and all that stuff!

Natalie xxx

Where ya from natalie?

Natalie xxx

I'm from Poole in Dorset. It's about a 2 hour train journey to London so I'm leaving the house about 5am!!

Got my Elijah photoshoot ticket in the post today so that's made me more excited! At least something is confirmed!

xxxxx

Hello everyone.

Do you think we should do a mini meet for all of us 'loners'?

Howie - gobo1979uk and I did suggest is a few pages back, but am seeing if there is an interest?

gobo1979uk - I will reply to your email soon! Just haven't had the chance!

yikhai - What other shows/ actors/ etc etc are you interested in?

Hey lost.in.translation

I watch quite a bit of TV Shows. Out of the list theres oviously Lost, but I also love 24 and ER and watch Smallville out of interest (although the fifth season has been a snore-fest). Out of the cancelled shows, I used to watch Buffy and Angel and Firefly was great.

So seeing Maggie Grace, Jorge Garcia and Nathan Fillion there next Saturday will be good. I'm not sure about getting autographs due to price (I got Charisma Carpenter's last year for £20 at the start of the day, was fairly rushed so its put me off getting one that early). Actor of the moment has to be Kiefer Sutherland, he's such a great actor and off camera, he doesn't seem anything like Jack Bauer, which is cool.

For films, I'm a big superhero geek so I like movies like Batman Begins and X-Men. I'll be wearing a Superman T-Shirt with a much larger "S" shield (maybe a shirt over it if its cold ;)) then most so if you spot me looking in the queue or looking at merchandise, come say hello!

Catch you all later!

Hey lost.in.translation

I watch quite a bit of TV Shows. Out of the list theres oviously Lost, but I also love 24 and ER and watch Smallville out of interest (although the fifth season has been a snore-fest). Out of the cancelled shows, I used to watch Buffy and Angel and Firefly was great.

So seeing Maggie Grace, Jorge Garcia and Nathan Fillion there next Saturday will be good. I'm not sure about getting autographs due to price (I got Charisma Carpenter's last year for £20 at the start of the day, was fairly rushed so its put me off getting one that early). Actor of the moment has to be Kiefer Sutherland, he's such a great actor and off camera, he doesn't seem anything like Jack Bauer, which is cool.

For films, I'm a big superhero geek so I like movies like Batman Begins and X-Men. I'll be wearing a Superman T-Shirt with a much larger "S" shield (maybe a shirt over it if its cold :WINCE:) then most so if you spot me looking in the queue or looking at merchandise, come say hello!

Catch you all later!

Are you me? ;):dance:

I would love to meet Keifer! He is amazing in 24. I also love ER (Shane West to be more precise :chair: ) I loved season 5 of Smallville! The finale episode was excellent, how could you not think so??

I hope I spot you! It would be great to chat to you about our very common interests!

some one should organise when and where for us lone rangers definitely!l.o.s.t.in translation my e-mail is hjones7@hotmail.co.uk so u r welcome to email me direct.would be nice to know what u look like so I do not make a fool of myself and speak to the wrong person thinking it is you!only 7 days to go!Howie