Anyone going to LFCC alone?

:o l.o.s.t.in translation,my name is Howard and I go to collectormania with my dad as we live in London, I do not drive so he is my driver but when in London I go alone on the tube!please do not worrry about going on your own which is different to being alone as ther will be many people there!if you want to line up with me or meet that is ok..my personal email is hjones7@hotmail.co.uk! I am going for Gates McFadden Peter Mayhew and Carrie Fisher..i have met them all before but you can never have enough of a good thing!the tickets for talks are at the main help desk in front of you when you go in..all your questions will answer themselves on the day and every1 is so friendly and you can always ask!look forward to hearing from you!Howard

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there all

i'll be by myself, meeting up a few people (hi stevie 79 and others) so look out for me carrying a dufflebag with 4 poster tubes (2 star wars, lost and dr who)

please say hello

4 Poster tubes :o

I'll have 2, maybe 3 if another Lost guest gets announced. Going to tape them together and make a strap to go over my shoulder. Should be easier to cart them around.

I'll more than likely be wearing Star Wars t-shirt due to the Star Wars guests.

See you there.

I'm going along with a friend but I just have to say the one thing I absolutly love about these conventions and the people who go is how accepting everyone is there. People dress up in whatever they want and can walk around without fear of being laughed at. To all you guys who dress up (esp the Harry Potter peeps) :P you totally rule and I absolutly love seeing the costumes you come along in, . . . .still working up the courage to ask for a photo! :D

So as to being worried about coming along alone, there is absolutly nothing to be worried about! :P If you ask me, anyone who turns up to these things, with someone or on your own, is cool in my book! :o

ha thats nothing i've been talking to bmi about my poster tubes if i could take them on the plane and not to check them in they said if its in a bag and can be put in the overhead locker then it should be fine, i was thinking about just taking the tubes by themselves but i need to carry stuff drinks/purchases and such

as to t-shirts i have had one custom made for the event the slogan on it is 'an all the wookiees say i'm pretty fly for a jedi' sing it along to the offspring's 'pretty fly for a white guy'

so you won't miss me

see you there

If you're alone (or with friends) and a Star Wars fan, then you are welcome to come the London FanForce table for a chat which will be stationed somewhere at the show. Pick up a free leaflet (yes, I said free!!), see a monkey dressed as a Jedi, and if you're lucky our own vader and Scout Trooper will be there, happy to pose for a photo :D

Sorry for the shameless plug, but all are welcome for a chat :o

Thank you all once again for your replies.

Howie - Thanks for your nice message.

nlindenj - If I see someone with 4 poster tubes, and wearing that Jedi t-shirt, I'll say hi.

Seraphim- Thanks for your nice reply. Just to add to your comment, I look up to those fans who dress up in their favourite characters. I wish I had the courage to do the same!

mattman81 - I'll be sure to stop by your table, if I can find it!

Hello. I go to local shows (I live in the midlands) with my dad cos he is into sci-fi shows. But shows at MK and London I go on my own (although this is my first LF&CC). I don't mind it really because its more about meeting the guests for me. Im not very chatty so tend to not get talking to people in queues but would be nice to find some people who are local to me. Been thinking about setting yup a Sci-fi/fantasy club but not found many local people yet. Spose if you go to both days of shows and stay overnight in places you get to know people through hotels or con partys (dont think there is one for LF&CC). Im staying at the IBIS , are you? If not I will keep an eye out for a small asian girl at the show. Hope there arent too many small asian girls going because if I start chatting to one and it's not you it could be embarrasing ;-) E-mail me if you wanted to meet up on the day, although i recon you will have had plenty of offers like that by now. Anyway hope you have a good time and meet Lij. GW

Hello. I go to local shows (I live in the midlands) with my dad cos he is into sci-fi shows. But shows at MK and London I go on my own (although this is my first LF&CC). I don't mind it really because its more about meeting the guests for me. Im not very chatty so tend to not get talking to people in queues but would be nice to find some people who are local to me. Been thinking about setting yup a Sci-fi/fantasy club but not found many local people yet. Spose if you go to both days of shows and stay overnight in places you get to know people through hotels or con partys (dont think there is one for LF&CC). Im staying at the IBIS , are you? If not I will keep an eye out for a small asian girl at the show. Hope there arent too many small asian girls going because if I start chatting to one and it's not you it could be embarrasing ;-) E-mail me if you wanted to meet up on the day, although i recon you will have had plenty of offers like that by now. Anyway hope you have a good time and meet Lij. GW

Hi. Thank you for your lovely message :) I will email you for sure :)

As I mentioned earlier, this is my first convention, hence the anxieity that I was feeling about going alone. But everyone's post have made me feel so much better! I keep talking about the event with my friends and colleagues at work, but I want to get excited about meeting my idols with 'proper' fans so to speak.

It would be brilliant to actually meet up with you guys. Maybe we could do a meet for all the people going alone? That'll be cool.

I live in West London, so won't be staying at the IBIS hotel, but if I like this convention, I may go to one further North, and stay at a hotel. The idea of con parties sounds appealing. I wish I found out about these types of events before :band:

Thank you again to everyone who has made me feel welcome, and less worried about going alone :)

Edited by lost.in.translation

I'm not embarrassed or anything about going by myself, but do you think it's weird
Nothing weird at all. I go alone nearly all the time right from when I started going...no big deal, we can't all have friends who share the exact same passion for the same kinda interests...

Hey if you send a private message ill give you my mobile so can txt and maybe get together on the day. Meetup for all loners sounds good. (after big rush of autos in the morning)

Hi. Thank you for your lovely message :) I will email you for sure :)

As I mentioned earlier, this is my first convention, hence the anxieity that I was feeling about going alone. But everyone's post have made me feel so much better! I keep talking about the event with my friends and colleagues at work, but I want to get excited about meeting my idols with 'proper' fans so to speak.

It would be brilliant to actually meet up with you guys. Maybe we could do a meet for all the people going alone? That'll be cool.

I live in West London, so won't be staying at the IBIS hotel, but if I like this convention, I may go to one further North, and stay at a hotel. The idea of con parties sounds appealing. I wish I found out about these types of events before :band:

Thank you again to everyone who has made me feel welcome, and less worried about going alone :)

Sounds like a plan :)

Are there any other lone people going that would like to maybe meet up for a short while after getting VT's? We can chat about Elijah, Elijah, Lost, and some more Elijah. Only kidding :band:

gobo1979uk - Tried to PM you, but I keep getting an error :lol: Same thing happened as I tried to upload an avator :(

PM's have been disabled on this board, and an avatar will only upload if it's 64x64 or less (and sometimes it doesn't work, for some reason).

Best way to get in contact is to post an e-mail or msn address. Mine's in my sig. E-mail me and I'll point you in the direction of those Supernatural/24/Lost montages (don't want to start posting links if the co. isn't affiliated with SM!).

Hey L.I.T.,

I'm coming over from Ireland on my own. I'm used to it by now, I regularly come over for premieres in Leicester Square and the like and I've met loads of great people. Part of the fun at LFCC and Collectormania is getting there early and chatting with like-minded folks who don't mind getting up at the crack of dawn!

BTW, I look a bit like a short Phil Jupitus or a large Ricky Gervais(?), goatee and all!! I'll be in the Gold Pass queue but I guess I won't need to be in it till near 9am and I'll be there a good bit before that.

Best advice - don't be shy, say hello, chat away - we're all there out of a love of movies and genre shows; it's a great icebreaker.

If in doubt, just tell people 'I hate Star Wars' and you're bound to strike up a conversation!!

There's nothing wrong with going alone, I did it last year. It just means you can take things at your own pace. It's gonna be a bit different this year as I've decided to come in costume, and that will be a new thing for me. I hope to meet some of you all there. I'll be in my black Stargate costume so feel free to say hello and let me know if there are any Ori or Goua'uld hiding around Earls Court LOL. :closedeyes:

Lee

I will also be going by my self - though there is a couple of groups going, whom I know, so I suppose I'll say hi to them at some point. But basicly I am going alone. Also it is better that way given the number of guests I wish to meet.

So if I see a short Asian girl I will say hello - hoping it will be you then. Feel free to drop me an email (listed under intrests in my profile) if you wish to chat - or save me the embarrassment of saying hello to the wrong girl.:unsure::dance:

I'm going alone too. I dragged my mom to LFCC3 last year, but this year she didn't want to come with me because of money-issues (I have to travel from Belgium).

But I really don't mind going on my own, this means I can Q at the time I want to Q on Saturday morning.

Hope to see you there

Hello.

I was just wandering if any LFCC fans are going by themselves? This is my first LFCC and I shall be going alone, as none of my friends want to come with me, so I just booked my ticket a few weeks ago.

I'm not embarrassed or anything about going by myself, but do you think it's weird - especially while waiting in the queue before opening time at 9am and queuing alone during the autograph and photo opportunities.

If you see a short Asian girl wandering around alone, please say hello.

I've read the FAQ, and it has answered many of my questions and anxieties, but does anyone know where to run once inside for the talk tickets? And does anyone know where Elijah's queue will be inside the venue? I just don't want to be running in the wrong direction!

Thank you

The first event I went to, ok it wasnt a showmasters run event, i went to on my own and I really enjoyed myself. It was through going to a sci-fi/cult event that I actually met all the friends I have now..

Dont worry you will be so full of excitement when you get there that you wont even notice your on your own, and if you have a badge on or something on you with your username on then poeple will be able to recognise you and you won't be alone for long, thats for sure

I think I'll dig out my stickers from the bottom of the cupboard, just in case my costume doesn't tell people who I am! :unsure: Although, to be honest, if I go for food, it'll be a case of:

"Can I remove my frog from your soup? Thanks..."

Maybe Trevor (toad/frog) can wear a TurkFox sticker? Yeah, that sounds like a plan! :blink:

Edited by TurkFox

Hello.

I was just wandering if any LFCC fans are going by themselves? This is my first LFCC and I shall be going alone, as none of my friends want to come with me, so I just booked my ticket a few weeks ago.

I'm not embarrassed or anything about going by myself, but do you think it's weird - especially while waiting in the queue before opening time at 9am and queuing alone during the autograph and photo opportunities.

If you see a short Asian girl wandering around alone, please say hello.

I've read the FAQ, and it has answered many of my questions and anxieties, but does anyone know where to run once inside for the talk tickets? And does anyone know where Elijah's queue will be inside the venue? I just don't want to be running in the wrong direction!

Thank you

From past experience at LFACC Earls court the guests have always been at the back of the court. so run through the doors to the very back of the venue.

Hiya. yah I had same thing with PMs. Well my email is Gwill22567@aol.com probably get loads more junk now i posted it but get loads anyway so never mind. G x

Sounds like a plan :)

Are there any other lone people going that would like to maybe meet up for a short while after getting VT's? We can chat about Elijah, Elijah, Lost, and some more Elijah. Only kidding :D

gobo1979uk - Tried to PM you, but I keep getting an error :P Same thing happened as I tried to upload an avator :lol: