Did any repeat guests REMEMBER you ?

dufresne

Robert Davi, and now Carl Weathers have stood in front of me for a second time and said "hello again" :WAVE:

It's nice to be remembered, but I've started to think maybe its c r a p and they just say that in the hope that we HAVE met before. What's the worst that can happen ? I just say we haven't and he apologises for the mistake .....

Any similar experiences / thoughts ?

Collete Hiller thought she had met me before but this was my first time meeting her.

I mentioned I missed her at LFACC2 and she was sorry to hear that.

I made up for it though by getting my Alien Quadrology box signed and getting a signed picture. Lovely woman.

Plus, when I meet JCB she remembered me from earlier when I asked her for a picture when she was walking around at the start of the day.

It did not happen at C9 since I could not make it but I met John Rhys-Davies twice. First at C7 and than in Manchester this year. He remembered my brother and myself. He greeted us with "Hello, have we met before? You two are from Germany right?" After that we talked a bit about the pics my brother had taken of him at both events and then we moved on. Later that day we saw him again while walking through the stalls and he smiled and greeted us again. He really is a very nice person!!

Not any guests in particular, but the guy from the uniquities stall, was walking around before the event and said hello to us, probably because every time we see his stand my sister ends up buying over £200 worth of stuff so i suppose its in his interest to remember us and be polite! and yes she did again today spend alot of money! :coolthumb:

Joey pants recognised me the 2nd time saying "it's the goonies girl!" - msot probably because i wore goonies t shirts for the two days.

and Iyari also recognised us the 2nd time saying "hello again".

*sigh* more funds for Iyari! Collectormania will never be the same until she's back! (for me anyway!)

This time it was JCB from previous shows, the Lost Boys because I went to see them frequently over the week end.

Previously JRD remembered me, Sean Astin did and so did Brent Spiner. Brent even remembered my name, that was surprising.

Some others did remember me as well, but that was at other shows.

I was recognized several times by guests, either at different events or at the same event but on different days. In that last case, nothing really surprising but I mention them because these guests reminded of my name. That was the case with James Callis in G-Mex 2 or with Amy Acker at an Angel event last year. Amber Benson recognized me as being from Belgium the second time I've met her and knew my name on the third time :D There are several guests I expect to remember me when I will meet them again, including Melissa George and Amanda Tapping but I will have to wait a bit to check this theory :P;)

On the contrary, I have met Bob Picardo four times and he always seems to see me for the first time :clap:

Edited by lams9999

I forgot to ask Jonathan Frakes whether he remembered me from [another event] last year, but I doubt it as that event's organisers strike me as dictatorial and only allow everyone a few seconds to meet each guest so they'll get through the whole queue in record time.

However, I wouldn't bet on him remembering me after one previous encounter - it took his "Trek wife" [see my avatar pic ;)] four previous meetings and a few webchats before she remembered me - by my pseudonym, St*r(!!)

That said - and I've said it a few times now - I don't mind so much 'cause even members of my family forget who I am sometimes(!) [/exaggeration] :blush:

The only other time someone even remotely famous has remembered me [before I got to know them, that is] was when I went to see the band Cosmic Rough Riders for the second time, and their then-lead singer - who'd mistakenly thought I was about 14 when I was 17! - recognised me on his way out to the stage and quipped "You look 17 tonight"...I was impressed to be that memorable!

Edited by TurquoiseTrance

Have been recognised Sala Baker from prev events, He asked if i would allow some one else to be in our photo. That about it really, dont even think crew are recognising me yet, maybe one day. :P