I know im moaning

JackAubrey

• Moderators

They said the next week or so ...

Obviously they'll give us information when it's ready, I don't think everyone bugging them for it is gonna make the situation magically sort itself out or something :lol: I mean I'm sure they're trying as hard as possible to sort things out, cuz if they don't they're not gonna make any money are they! So it's in their best interests to organise it .. but there's a lot of obstacles to overcome in the organisation of a show, it doesn't just rely on SMs but everyone they have to get in contact with too. Even if just one person is too busy to sort out something in particular, then it can take longer to organise!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously they'll give us information when it's ready, I don't think everyone bugging them for it is gonna make the situation magically sort itself out or something  I mean I'm sure they're trying as hard as possible to sort things out, cuz if they don't they're not gonna make any money are they! So it's in their best interests to organise it .. but there's a lot of obstacles to overcome in the organisation of a show, it doesn't just rely on SMs but everyone they have to get in contact with too. Even if just one person is too busy to sort out something in particular, then it can take longer to organise!

Firstly it's been about 10 days since they posted that statement, i would have thought we would have heard something by now.

Secondly granted they may be trying hard to sort things out, but it would be fair to let people know some info on what's happening. The date seems to be of most people's concern.

March is going to be a busy month for me with the bruce campbell event and the TWC show both happening, people need time to plan! I'm not ranting for no reason, i go to these shows and spend like £200 each time, it would be helpful to give paying customers a little info. I aint one for we are on this board so we all have to be so calm and friendly! Fact is that showmasters should offer some kind of customer service, other con organisers have phone numbers where you can call and request info, it's the same with shops etc if you ask a question you should get some kind of responce!

...but it would be fair to let people know some info on what's happening. The date seems to be of most people's concern.

March is going to be a busy month for me...... i go to these shows and spend like £200 each time, it would be helpful to give paying customers a little info....

fair point. but they were ordered by members of this board to give info last time - when they were hardly even online. they gave the info WHEN THEY WERE ABLE.

they will do the same again.

from their own statement:

We will post full details of the changes to the event as soon as we can, ( and expect to be in a position to do this in the next week or so )

and:

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we look forward to giving you some very exciting news in the next week or so!

there is no promise to having info, simply that they look forward to it - and it is possible that this hope is based on someone else getting back to them. whatever the reason, they have no duty to tell us until they are able.

no shop, for example, will say 'we haven't got a response from the supplier' or whatever else. they will say they are working on whatever it is that you're looking for.

from SM:

There is often a bigger picture that we have to take account of as opposed to answering specific questions, and sometimes this means prioritising what will be of greater benefit to everyone in the future to satisfying a few vocal members who want a specific answer at a specific time.

and:

Sometimes, we have to wait for other people or companies to perform their part of a negotiaition before we can make ANY comment on it.

they are acting like any reasonable business, giving the info when they are able, and explaining insofar as possible why they do not answer sooner.

in fairness, they MUST be given a reasonable opportunity to succeed. say microsoft, for example, had failed to put windows xp on the market for a year after they had originally planned. would ppl have demanded to know what was going on? probably some would. would ppl have found out? probably only rumors, the official line would be along the lines of 'we want the best product possible for our customers.'

SM say this is what they want too:

we have listened to some of the problems that were experienced at the last show, and are in the process of rectifying matters so that they are resolved for the future.

and:

Anyway, we hope that we have made it clear that The London Film and Comic Con will continue, albeit with some changes, which will be to everyones benefit

let them post when they can, and not just when they are ordered to. i've known of a shop that claimed for two months that a product was going to be in in a week or two each time they were asked, then eventually said that they weren't able to get it.

SM did, yes, advertise a date at first - but that was PRIOR to their knowledge of what needed changing, and now they have said that they will have info posted ASAP they should be given the opportunity to provide it in their own time.

and, especially for the skeptics who are probably wondering what relation i am to SM, i've never even met any of them. i've met several members of crew, however as that number to my knowledge is over 150 ppl, i haven't met too many of them overall, and i definately don't hold any influence with them. i was at C6 and the first LFCC, not the second, and probably won't be at the third - however, some friends of mine DO intend to be there. i agree info should be posted, but not before the appropriate time that SM feel they can post it.

well the event is only like 7 weeks off and only 2 guests have been announced. By showmaster standards they should have about 20 announced. So unless they have loads of guests not yet announced then i imagine the date will be pushed back. But then if it is pushed back when could it possibly happen? I meen C7 is at the end of April.

actually, if i recall, most of the C6 guests were announced within the last month. similar for LFCC2, i think.

and if they HAVE guests booked, then they must have more information, in which case they would release at least the dates - there's no point booking guests on an uncertain date.

if it is to be pushed back, it may be that they intend to do it after the summer, to allow for ppl to make suitable bookings.

just a thought.

I must second that. I can't imagine Showmasters not knowing the dates by now - should this not be the case, then that would be very worrying !

So why not just communicate them, even if they plan on moving to another venue ?

I mean, surely they must understand quite a few people need to make plans and can't just decide on a few days' notice whether or not they will attend the show.

My best guess is that they are actually not sure whether or not the LFCC will continue or not. And yes, I am aware of their official statement. I have the impression - but I could very well be wrong - that they are currently doing some maths to see whether or not it's worth continuing with the LFCC or whether they should better focus on Collectormania only.

Has nobody noticed that the information on C7, which is supposed to take place after LFCC3 is being updated much more often ? Just look at both webpages and at the number of guests announced and it's getting quite clear.

Just my two eurocents worth ! :lol:

Why do people think the dates are going to change ?

Nothing has been officially posted about this.

All they have said they are looking at making some changes to aspects of the Show and it is still going ahead.

Over Xmas and New Year is always difficult getting hold of people , and they always say they won't post until they have news to post, presumably they have nothing new to add at this point.

All this speculation and rumour starting is a bit pointless and only worries people unecessarily, so lets just sit tight and see what Showmasters have to say in the next few days.

Well by most people's account LFACC is not a big money maker for showmasters, and the dealers have not been making a lot at the shows, some even making a loss! I agree with what 1 poster said earlier, possibly showmasters are still not 100% sure whehter this event is going ahead, if it does go ahead i'm pretty sure that the event will not only happen once a year oposed to how in 2004 there were 2 LFACC events.

What the change may be -----

1: Changing the name of the event, scrapping the comic element because lets face it, it's kind of false advertising. Onlly a couple od comic artists in attendance, not really any major comic distributers there are you would find at comic cons in america, and the same amount of comic book dealers as you would find at collectormania.

2: Upping the ticket prices, not sure how this would help the event but somebody else mentioned this the other day.

3: Having other convention groups and dealers bring their own guests to the show much like they do at the NEC (for those who don't know, memorabilia themselves do not get the majority of guests but individula dealers etc do). This would of course save money and possibly bring a new audience to the show.

4: Making autograph prices cheaper, possibly have the guests set their own prices. I am sick of paying £15 per item when at other shows personal items can be £5-£15. Do you understand that if personal items were slightly cheaper, I would spend a hell of a lot more money.

5: Scrubbing that horrible little text that says "collectormania.com" from all the 8x10's supplied? actually never gonna happen!!! At least get some kind of professional looking logo created that could go in the corner of each photo. I do graphics, i would be willing to help of course.

6: Better guests. LFACC 2 set a very high standard, i hope for this to continue. People don't want to see Craig Parker, Ork 1, Ork 2, Ork 69, Ork 3:16 at every event! That is only catering for a bunch of screaming girls who use this forum!

7: Change of venue? People have spoke about it, i myself though think the current venue is perfect. Although the event needs more of a feel, the hall is pretty dark and cheap looking. Could we not have all the stops pulled out and really make this look like a huge convention?

Obviously they'll give us information when it's ready, I don't think everyone bugging them for it is gonna make the situation magically sort itself out or something  I mean I'm sure they're trying as hard as possible to sort things out, cuz if they don't they're not gonna make any money are they! So it's in their best interests to organise it .. but there's a lot of obstacles to overcome in the organisation of a show, it doesn't just rely on SMs but everyone they have to get in contact with too. Even if just one person is too busy to sort out something in particular, then it can take longer to organise!

Firstly it's been about 10 days since they posted that statement, i would have thought we would have heard something by now.

Secondly granted they may be trying hard to sort things out, but it would be fair to let people know some info on what's happening. The date seems to be of most people's concern.

March is going to be a busy month for me with the bruce campbell event and the TWC show both happening, people need time to plan! I'm not ranting for no reason, i go to these shows and spend like £200 each time, it would be helpful to give paying customers a little info. I aint one for we are on this board so we all have to be so calm and friendly! Fact is that showmasters should offer some kind of customer service, other con organisers have phone numbers where you can call and request info, it's the same with shops etc if you ask a question you should get some kind of responce!

yup agreed.

of course i understand that they are busy but so are other con organisers and i DO get replies from them so it's no excuse. i hear to often that some people haven't received replies for SERIOUS questions while they are reading the topics and are responding to other stuff.

if they're to busy they should hire a spokesperson or something.

also it has been over a week and they could at least let us know if the dates COULD be changed. unfortunately i booked my planetickets some time ago already for the beginning of march so i can't get my money back.

to be honest showmasters have lost most credability in my eyes for the sh!t that's been going on for the last six months or so and i do not only mean the LFCC3 thing. but this is not the place to go into that.

it's such a shame really because i think that the lfcc's are the better cons out there.

exactly, i love showmaster events (well most of the times) but do not agree with how they treat their customers. It is inexcuseable that showmasters came on last night and announced that they will be making several guest announcements for C7 this coming friday, yet they did not bother to mention LFACC!

Fact is that showmasters have advertised LFACC being March 6th, and started advertising it a couple of months back. People who saw it advertised and don't use this forum will at this moment still be expecting the event to happen, people may even be in the same situation as Martine and boooked plain tickets or days off of work etc!

As no date change has been announced, the event should be happening in 6 weeks time. If the date is not as previously announced i think it's right to let people know right away.

Maybe the exciting news that they said we would get by this week is that the show is not cancelled but indefinitely postponed.

Whatever happens the time is coming for SM to be clear and honest about their plans. They are saying the show is going ahead but don't make travel and hotel plans :headscratch: - go figure.

maybe its just a major guest they are after but they've got contractual obligations so won't be sure if they can make it until closer to the time(i.e filming)i remember a certain val kilmer pulling out for work commitments there are always going to be dissappointments no matter what happens :wub:

Im anothr person who's is getting annoyed by the wait but theres nothing we can do.

I had an awesome time at LFCC2 and i have been stupidly excited about the next one and im just starting to get fed up now ive booked my time off work and a place to stay in london and to know now that it might be all a waste is upsetting.

I like LFCC cos it's a big event where as the C events are good but to crowded and awkward and i now i cant go to that because i got no holiday left.

so if LFCC3 dosent happen in march i will not be a happy bunny and showmasters should not have given out those flyers at the last con if they new there would be problems.

• Moderators

And if the changes have been brought about by the problems at LFACC2? They would not have been forseen and so handing out the leaflets would have been done under the assumption that things were going to stay the same. There have been no adverts in magazines that I'm aware of, no stall advertising at another show, no web site update .. they've minimised the advertising of LFACC3 as much as they can really. Things change sadly, and sometimes we can't do anything about that. I don't think any organiser KNOWS that there will be problems and sometimes changes have to be made or there could be no show at all, and I'm sure we'd all prefer it if it wasn't totally cancelled. It's very inconvenient for some people yeah but just like having a guest and they cancel, people could book tickets for them and then they can't do anything about that .. in all fairness, only 2 guests have been announced and I don't think THAT many people would have organised stuff solely for those two. But hey, not everyone's gonna be happy and I hope information is gonna be released soon so everything can be sorted out :lol:

Hear hear !

And if the changes have been brought about by the problems at LFACC2?

True words, I hadn't thought of that. It could indeed very well be that the limited succes of LFACC2 (as seems to have been the case) has forced SM to reconsider certain things.

Then again, it probably would be a very wise idea to shed some light on the situation ASAP. I mean, if it is to be cancelled, moved (in time or space) and/or altered in any way, people have the right to know.

I think that even a short statement to the lines of "we know we've kept you waiting, but we're hearing you and will let you know something by [date to be inserted]" would be helpful.

Just my two eurocents' worth.

all showmasters have to do is simply let us know if the event is changing date or location, people just want a little info because the event is scheduled to happen in 6 weeks (people don't start posting saying we don;t know the date, as far as most people are concerned if showmasters have not announced a date change then it's staying the same)

If showmasters can be bothered to come online and say they are announcing new guests for C7 this friday, then it would be more than fair to come on this forum and give us a little info on an event which is sheduled to happen in 6 weeks!

And if the changes have been brought about by the problems at LFACC2? They would not have been forseen and so handing out the leaflets would have been done under the assumption that things were going to stay the same.

true but that´s not the point.

they knew almost from the start just after lfcc 2 that there could be some problems due to the minor financial succes of the event. i understand that they had to sort things out and that it takes some time but they have known for a while now and did not even comment on it when serious questions and rumours where spreading around about this. no they kept quit for over two weeks or so!

it´s really not that much trouble to say wheter an event COULD be cancelled or if the dates could change for whatever reason.

it is their responsability to paying costumers that as soon as they know that there could be a change in the dates (im not saying that there is) to let us know and inform us not to book yet (again the first minute these rumours hit the net or better yet sooner than that). and NOT a few weeks before the event is happening and while they handed out flyers months ago.

and thats the beef i got with them. i don´t care if an event would change venue or dates as long as the organisers are upfront with it and don´t let everyone hanging in the cold until the very last minute. in this case a few weeks before the event should take place. and showmasters have a nasty tendency to "never be home" when serious issues are raised.

and to me that looks like disrespect to the people who are paying their bills.