The Best & Worst Guests At LFCC

mightymax

Hi all, thought I would start this forum to see how everyone found the guests, if they took time to talk to you or if they just signed stuff and sent you on your way like a production line. I only went for a few signature's so here we go.

Michael Ironside- What a dude he took time with everyone to chat with pose for photos. He made everyone feel comfortable laughing ad joking with the fans, a top guy.

Burt Reynolds- Great to meet him (my name will be pleased lol) made you feel welcome and took his time just as Michael did laughing and joking with the fans. Altough I must admit he was abit of a oragne/yellow in colour dont know if he was trying to match his jacket? lol

Michael Biehn- Was nice to talk to alittle quite though did say a great deal, not sure if this was because there was a constant que for him so had to keep people going.

Ian Whyte- A real nice bloke had a quick chat with him and posed for photos, f*** me is he tall or what??

RVD- I had got all my signature by 11am as I had done the early bird and I wanted to get RVD's but he wasn't due until the afternoon. This was of no fault of his or Showmasters, the reason he was late was because his flight had been delayed. When he arrived there was abit og a que for him gladly I was in there near the front. RVD took time to chat to every single person although he was late and had built up a que he still took time out. This was really good because aparently alot of wrestlers wouldn't do that they would work it like a production line. He was taking time to talk to the children explaing his moves posing for photo's he kept on getting up and sitting down for photo's he won't be needing a work out after this weekend lol TOP GUY.

Carl Weathers- Now I didn't like him I thought he was very rude and not a nice guy. He didn't even look at people while he was signing didn't inter-act with the fans, no photo's no nothing a total flipper!!! I spoke to a few people in the que's and around the show and they all said he was the rudest person they had ever met, I mean come guy these are your fans appreciate them, if I knew he was going to be like the way he was I wouldn't of bothered with him. At the beging it was on the ticket basis and people was chucking there tickets away after they heard the way he was acting and in the afternoon it was a open que!! Perhaps a lesson to be learnt there Carl!? but there again you probably wont learn cause you come accross as the type of person that don't give a dam.

Linda Blair- Was nice I didn't talk to her much she was pushing her dog protection thing so fair play to her. She was still nice and accomadting posing for photos etc.... The bloke in front of me asked her if she would sign his picture saying "Your mother sucks spam" she declined saying would you ever write something like that, and he embarissly said no he wouldn't but she still smiled and took time out for a photo and wasn't rude to him, nice girl.

Craig Parker- I didn't have his autograph but I noticed he wasn't sitting behind the desk like all the other guests he was at the front of the table jumping about posing for photos and he seemed like a good guest so I thought I would mention that.

So there you go my accounters with the guests lets see what you guys thought about your encounters!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you : Linda Blair very nice and very chatty. Michael Ironside was a great guy ! Burt Reynolds, well he's got his separate thread to thank him, I think it makes the point ;)

I cannot believe that someone asked Linda Blair to sign that :unsure: I don't deny that the words came to mind when I saw that picture of Regan but come on, ask her to write that, I think it was totally rude.

Otherwise, all the guests I've met were really nice, especially Veronica Cartwright, Chris Judge and David Hewlett ! Wow, this guy was really funny and made you feel very comfortable ! We talked about the cube movie and that I was looking for a picture of that movie to make him sign but could not find one. He asked me why I did not take the jacket of the DVD... and I said I have not the DVD... and then, he said "how comes you did not buy the DVD ??" (just joking). My answer was "sorry, I spent all my money in signing events and conventions" :lol: which he found was a good answer ;) Hey Porkfat, did you make him sign your Cube jacket ?

I got the impression that Jeanette Goldstein was a little jealous that there was a massive queue for Michael Biehn, but that she spent most of the time sitting there twiddling her thumbs or talking to similarly unpopular Mark Rolston next door. That said, she was perfectly nice and hospitable.

Michael Biehn was also really nice. I didn't get to see him until late afternoon, by which time he had been saying hi, signing autographs and jumping up for photos for most of the day, so I was worried he might be irritable, or at least hiding it. But if he was, then he didn't let it show. Also, does anyone know if he's dyslexic? We had to write down our names for him if you wanted a personalised autograph, and he stopped in the middle of my name to check the back of the slip. It's not like Jonathan is hard to spell, but I didn't have the guts to ask him such a personal question.

All the guests I saw were very talkative, especially the Atalntis ppl. Rachael was sweeeet. She posed for a photo, she talked to me about the show.

Collette Hiller was very chatty, she asked me where I was from and what I am doing and what i plan to do in the future, we talked about pets and animals.

Ian Whyte....f*** me...he is tall..we talked about the movie and stuff

Alec Gillis was chatty...I asked to have a photo of the face hugger so he put it on my shoulder (i think it was alec or was it Ian or Tom anyway it was cool).

Tom Woodruff was very chatty, he talked about the new Superman movie and gave me some info about when it starts filming as well as info on the AvP. When I got their autos ALL the alien guests were impressed with my film cells, they put it up in the air so that can look at it and i explained what cell was what.

Overall it was a f***ing great...amazing...fun day.....

Can't believe that its all over now.

Roll on LFCC3 in March. :unsure:

Edited by BluebizzieB

Im going to say that the guests I met were fantastic, even Carl Weathers. The thing that slightly ruined the day for me was the attitude of certain people who worked for showmasters.

When I talk to a guest, I.E Carl Weathers I expect to talk to him, not the lady sitting next to him. He was very nice to me, he answered all my questions and even said he would pose for a photo until the lady who was with him (collecting tickets) started mouthing off at me. I thought that was very rude as there is a polite way of saying things and a extremely rude way of saying things. Her attitude was just well off. It wasnt just me, almost everyone I met said that she had ruined the occasion of meeting a legend such as Carl Weathers.

I dont even want to start with what the lady who was supposed to be taking pictures in the Michael Ironside que was like, so I'm going to leave it at that.

Overall, RVD was a legend and had time for all of his fans and everyone else I met was great, so well done showmasters for getting them.

i thought the Stargate Atlantis guests were so nice esp Rainbow Sun Francks & David Hewlett..both made fans feel at ease and didnt try to rush fans though and spent time talking to them!

I also met Michael Greenberg and he was lovely and also spent time talking to me - as was Chris Judge!! Ahh hell all the SG people were lovely!

i thought Micahel Biehn was a lovely guy...i wish i had a bit more time to chat to him!! Did anyone go to the Aliens talk on saturday - he did a great impression of Bill Paxton! lol

THANKS SM

It was wicked!!! all the guests i spoke to were great!

Got autograph from Chris judge (he was nice even though we couldn't get a photo with him cos there were so many people....but he turned around and smiled so we could get a pic once we finished)

Joe flannigan was lovely...and was David Hewlett he asked us our names and where we came from and if we were having a good time which was nice...cos he had a huge que. oh and i asked him if he would pose for a goofy pic which he did! it was great!

Rainbow Sun Franks (even though we didn't get anything signed) was lovely...got pics with him...and he chatted to us for a bit....oh and i got hugs from all of the SGA men!!! :unsure::lol:;) he was lovely....and really nice to the lady sitting next to him yesterday...

Rachel Lutrell, DB woodside, Micheal Greenburg, Dan Shea were lovely....

Craig Parker was great as well. as mightymax said, he was in front of the tables posing for pics, so i got a good one with him and a nice short chat...lovely.... ;) and a hug!! heee heee

johnathan frakes was a bit weird, but maybe cos his publicist said we couldn't have a phot with him, and we just went up to say hi....i think he was a bit bewildered.

All in all, everyone was really nice. i'm so glad i went. can't wait for march!!

Edited by bluebassangel

When I talk to a guest, I.E Carl Weathers I expect to talk to him, not the lady sitting next to him. He was very nice to me, he answered all my questions and even said he would pose for a photo until the lady who was with him (collecting tickets) started mouthing off at me. I thought that was very rude as there is a polite way of saying things and a extremely rude way of saying things. Her attitude was just well off. It wasnt just me, almost everyone I met said that she had ruined the occasion of meeting a legend such as Carl Weathers.

My day was sullied on Saturday by the same person with Carl Weathers. I dont expect to see a helper lean across the actual guest and shout at people in such an agressive manner. She gave the other helpers who did such a great job a bad name. It was completely apparent to me that she was on some sort of power trip - people behaving like this give SM and their events a bad name..... Other than that I had a great time. I found CW great, but this person ruined the whole experience and day for me.

The only quiet one we found was Yaphet!

All the others we met (more than 20, and that doesn't include the comic guests that we also met) were very chatty.

Burt Reynalds (what a guy) had great trouble getting away from him!! I never expected him to be like that, what a pleasant surprise that really was. :D

Michael Biehn, J Frakes good to meet.

SGA peeps again good to meet, very talkative. Did anyone else think that Rainbow's auto was more a piece of art than anything else?

Left RVD till last and glad we went up to him, another very friendily guy.

For the event itself it's been the best I've been to. (Esp considering I had had 2 hours sleep and would have been prone to gloominess). Very enjoyable all round :D

in order i got:

Mark Rolston - I was abit nervous as it was the first autograph i got of the day. I shook his hand and he was friendly and we had a quick chat and asked me if i wanted my photo taken with him.

Jennette Goldstein - She was friendly but i didn't really have any questions for her so it went quickly.

Carl Weathers - He was friendly but abit quiet. I shook his hand at the start and at the end, I was expecting more though since i asked him "what was it like doing the film happy gilmore?" he replied "fun".

David Lloyd - He was great, really friendly and we had a nice long talk whilst he was signing my comic and doing an alien sketch for me.

Michael Biehn - He was friendly and asked me questions (mostly about my chestburster shirt!) and he seemed like a nice guy. I shook his hand twice and asked for a photo, which he accepted without any problems.

Rico Ross - He was really friendly and we had quite a long chat. Again, he seemed interested in my shirt, like most guests.

Collette Hiller - She was really friendly as well, asking me questions like what i wanted to do when i was older, where i came from and things like that. But it was nice for the guests to ask questions for a change.

So all the guests were friendly to me and i had a brilliant day. I just hope more alien(s) guests will be at LFCC3.

RVD was the best guy ive ever met him poseing with me made my day :D Nick frost was superb very funny him and my mate spent atleast 30 mins talking abotu guns and shaun of the dead, YAPHET KOTTO was the biggest waist of time not even a smile, and carl weathers was nice but i think he was shy, over all the best guest was Mr PPV himself RVD 4:20,

btw guys does a wrestler go to ever lfcc?

Nicest (in order):

- Craig Parker. Really, really nice guy, Wrote a massive quote on my photo and was really freindly.

- Burt Reynolds. I was so impressed, he has a massive crew all day, yet he gave every person plenty of time and was really nice to everyone.

- Peter Vollins. Quieter but very nice in his own way, talked to me alot about where I was from and even argued the case for why I should pic his fav picture to be signed.

- Nick Frost. A little quite but really friendly. He wouldnt do his Clyde impression, but he did say 'Wassup Niggas' in the actual voice.

- Ray Park. Seemed a bit engrossed in the rather pretty crew-member next to him, but still very nice.

Worst (in order):

-Yaphet Kotto. The rude b'stard grabbed the pic off me, signed it, and pushed it back. Really unfriendly, and didnt say a word. I did get him to put a quote on eventually, but he didnt seem happy.

- Chris Judge. I got to him right at the end, so maybe he was tired, but he seemed to have absolutely no enthusiasm at all. Just signed.

- Chris Judge. I got to him right at the end, so maybe he was tired, but he seemed to have absolutely no enthusiasm at all. Just signed.

I think he had to much to drink on the flight into London and was tipsy. My wife went to the LCC just for him and she wasn't impressed at all

Im going to say that the guests I met were fantastic, even Carl Weathers. The thing that slightly ruined the day for me was the attitude of certain people who worked for showmasters.

I dont even want to start with what the lady who was supposed to be taking pictures in the Michael Ironside que was like, so I'm going to leave it at that.

Overall, RVD was a legend and had time for all of his fans and everyone else I met was great, so well done showmasters for getting them.

i agree the lady with carl weathers was totally rude i beleive she thought she was his agent.

i asked for a photo he said ok then she said no?????

no one in the que behind me

he said come back later she said know, so i said carl said it was ok and yes i got my picture with him

carl weathers is no puppet so girl sitting next to him stop treating him like it, she should have been with craig parker would have been fun watching her try stopping him

other wise greast show and carl weathers is still a top guy in my books

I gotta say Ray Park was really nice. I'd heard all sorts of thigs about him before, many not all that positive but he was so friendly, chatty, toild me all about what he's been up to and what he's gonna be doing next year, I thought he'd never shut up! Seriously though, he was great.

Michael Biehn was quiet but friendly.

Linda Blair was quite chatty also and very welcoming.

Craig Parker was all that I expected him to be. I'd heard so many good things about him and all were true.

Joanthan Frakes did seem a bit tired but he was nice and chatted a bit with me about Thunderbirds.

Kate Jackson was lovley as was Veronica Cartwright.

King of the day though was Burt Reynolds - what a guy! A true gentleman. As his co-star in City Heat might say he made my day!

i agree the lady with carl weathers was totally rude i beleive she thought she was his agent.

i asked for a photo he said ok then she said no?????

no one in the que behind me

he said come back later she said know, so i said carl said it was ok and yes i got my picture with him

carl weathers is no puppet so girl sitting next to him stop treating him like it, she should have been with craig parker would have been fun watching her try stopping him

other wise greast show and carl weathers is still a top guy in my books

Are you the guy i spoke to yesterday? I was ticketing on David Hewlett's queue. I just remember someone telling me exactly the same story! :D

RVD - Excellent, top bloke :D Had a chat with him about American indy promotions and about his time in Japan, also got an excellent posed photo. one of the ebst guests of all time!

Michael Ironside - Truly a real top guy, had a good laugh with me and my brother. We spoke about the new V series which he said he would not want to be a part of, and then we had a small chat about shaun of the dead. A really really nice guy!

Without wanting to cause any trouble, I have heard alot of people complaining about that lady who was with Carl Weathers, she was really rude to people and I personally was not happy with her. It kind of ruined the experience as a whole. I dont know who she was, but it wasnt really on at all.

It wasnt very good service, although RVD made up for it!

I met Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Carl Weathers, Linda Blair, Yaphet Kotto, Burt Reynolds, Veronica Cartwright and Micheal Biehn, and i have to say they were all very friendly apart from Yaphet who didnt seem to wanna be there maybe the few people in front of me and myself caught him at the wrong time but he seemed a bit peeved :lol:

I was in the first half a dozen to meet Simon Pegg ... he was very sweet and quite chatty and stood up for a piccie with me. Then I went straight to Nick Frost .. the worlds most lovely man ... we had a bit of a banter back and forth and had a piccie. They were both very sweet and generous.

Sadly due to money issues that was me done .. My bro met Burt Reynolds who he said was god like!

As an observer today (sunday) I have to say that RVD looked to be an excellent guest as did Michael Biehn who appeared to have moved his chairs to the OUTSIDE of the table so his fans could sit WITH him while he signed and had a photo.

If I had had the cash I would have done it just for the experience ... I liked the fact he was obviously happy to spend time with everyone.

Kate Jackson seemed a bit fed up .. as did veronica cartwright and Yaphett but there were not many people queuing ...

But i imagine most folks were pretty happy ... I KNOW I AM :lol:

I only met Frakes Biehn and Weathers today. Frakes didnt speak much to me but he was quite funny the way he was talking to Simon Pegg. Michael biehn was top quality, really friendly and I liked the way he moved his chair round so people could sit with him, made the whole thing a lot more personal.

I have to say Carl Weathers was ok with me, I only asked for a personalised picture which he did, he was polite and thanked me using my name which not all of them do. He was certainly no where near the Billy Dee Williams level of rudeness at Collectormania. The only thing i would say on the photo front is that it did say there were no posed pictures with him, not that I agree with that given he didn't have any sort of queue, but I suppose if it says that clearly and people still ask it may irratate them a little bit. Having said that, that is no excuse for anyone to shout or be rude to a paying customer and fan.