Leonard Nimoy

smm1

Leonard Nimoy is one guest I was unable to meet last time and now there is confirmation of his retirement being final within the space of 1-1 1/2 yrs.

I know myself and couple of friends who missed out last time, Im sure there is more who did or who simply would like to meet him one last time.

SM bring Mr.Nimoy back one last time before it's too late.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well naturally I'd like him back :D

Met him at MK last year and at a few other events over the years, but a legend this great is always one that I would meet again and again.

Love to see him do a talk next time as well.

My dream would be to see him and Bill together at a SM event, doing a talk together, but getting Leonard back at all is something that would be a big deal to me.

I suggested in the Warp 10 forum that if we could get him for that we could have it as a farewell to him from his many UK fans, if he is going to retire from events. I'm sure that would make it a sold out show. There was a farewell event to Jimmy Doohan in Seattle when he retired from events (and luckily I met Jimmy at his last UK event a year or so before that).

But having watched that link above it does look like he may be continuing with events for awhile.

I think the news reports about him retiring from acting and directing led to reports on him retiring from events too. Lets hope he is going to continue with events as thats good news for us - but still good to get him back soon. If we got him for Warp 10 we could still have it as a tribute to him from his UK fans.

But getting Leonard at any SM event instantly makes the show even more special.

A true legend.

And really good to meet as well.

Edited by spocks-brain

• 5 months later...
  • Showmasters Admin

he has just been announced for another us con,

COME ON SHOWMASTERS, PLEASE BRING HIM BACK, NO MATTER THE COST!!

So if it costs $100,000 to get him to attend (flights, fees, hotels etc) and SM only makes $60k from his appearence, YOU will personaly give SM the $40k shortfall?

NO??!?!

Then don't use the sentence "NO MATTER THE COST!!" :whistling:

Hate to say this but so many people met him and had autos in MK last year that I don't think it would be worthwhile for him to come back over here so soon. I had heard on the grapevine that 2010 was def. going to be his final year of signing.

Well, before he had to cancel, SM announced Philip Glenister for their october show in London although he was at the same event as Leonard in MK where he did have a huge success too... so i assume it doesn't really matter if a guest already attended another event shortly before or not.

But of course i assume Philip is easier to invite as he's from the UK already though...

Personally i'm not interested in Nimoy though as i met him at MK already, and would rather have some new and fresh guests but i understand those who missed him might want him back if he announced he would retire from those events soon...

Edited by God L'Eponge

he has just been announced for another us con,

COME ON SHOWMASTERS, PLEASE BRING HIM BACK, NO MATTER THE COST!!

So if it costs $100,000 to get him to attend (flights, fees, hotels etc) and SM only makes $60k from his appearence, YOU will personaly give SM the $40k shortfall?

NO??!?!

Then don't use the sentence "NO MATTER THE COST!!" :whistling:

I think that response is just as outrageous in its generalisation as my at no matter the cost was ;-)

lol

Did showmasters really not benefit from his last appearence? if they didnt then wow, if they did then I dont see an issue in principle. but then im not privy to the ins and outs.

cant believe I got into cons a month after his appearence :-( damn it (in my best jack bauer voice)

Did showmasters really not benefit from his last appearence? if they didnt then wow, if they did then I dont see an issue in principle. but then im not privy to the ins and outs.

People probably would have gone OTT with their spending on the asumption it would be his last UK appearance. They'd have got as much done as possible not expecting another chance. They would spend less the 2nd time round.

I made a special more expensive effort to go to Tom Baker's 'last ever signing' about 10 TB signings back, since I'd never met him. But then he moved back from France anyway!

To be honest you'd be better off if Jason just said 'We asked Leonard but he doesn't want too spend that long on a plane' or whatever - if that door was closed you could look into attending one of his US conventions (cheaper than that $40K :whistling: ) but you're in a catch 22 with the possiblity still open. You'd be sick if you went out to see him, for him to be here the month after.

Personally though I'd have thought Nimoy @ Warp 10 couldn't go wrong, it could be marketed as his last UK Convention.

Edited by TerraHawk

I'm sure you're right about people over spending the last time he came. I got the 2 things I wanted signed by him, and got a great photo with him, as I basically accepted that it was probably the one and only time he'd be over. I did the same with Christopher Lloyd, as SM specifically stated to make the most of them, as they probably wouldn't be back.