ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

whip_pie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Regarding Scottish banknotes. Maybe showmasters could tell us if they are willing to accept scottish banknotes when paying for autographs. I know its easy enough to change banknotes but for LFACC the first bank I went into in Glasgow didnt have any english banknotes at all, i got them in a different bank but had to take quite a few 50 pound notes as that was all they had. When I was paying for my autrographs I was asked a few times if I had anything smaller which is understandable as 50 pound notes are more unusual but at the same time i was spending 40 pounds on gates mcfadden so it isnt that unreasonable.

I know stallholders would be within their rights to refuse scottish notes if they want to but it would be helpful if showmasters had an official stance on scottish banknotes.

• Showmasters Admin

Regarding Scottish banknotes. Maybe showmasters could tell us if they are willing to accept scottish banknotes when paying for autographs. I know its easy enough to change banknotes but for LFACC the first bank I went into in Glasgow didnt have any english banknotes at all, i got them in a different bank but had to take quite a few 50 pound notes as that was all they had. When I was paying for my autrographs I was asked a few times if I had anything smaller which is understandable as 50 pound notes are more unusual but at the same time i was spending 40 pounds on gates mcfadden so it isnt that unreasonable.

I know stallholders would be within their rights to refuse scottish notes if they want to but it would be helpful if showmasters had an official stance on scottish banknotes.

I'll double check, but to be honest I've not known them refuse Scottish money. I've accepted it when taking cash for autos and we did for entry tickets at LFCC4. The wanring is more there for the stalls as people had had problems in the past with stall holders refusing it.

See, this is where Northern Ireland gets confusing - and I live here !!

We have four or five different banks which each issue their own (sterling) notes, and I don't suppose we can expect every English dealer to know the difference between then and what is used in the South ....

I've a good ongoing relationship with several dealers who take it fine, but I sort of understand the need for BOE notes.

Having said that, the exchange at Earl's Court charged me 2.5% to cjhange sterling into sterling :clap: and the receipt described them as "soiled notes".....

I know that there sometimes can be a problem with Scottish money, and how some shops in England will not take it, which is why I wait until I'm at the event itself, or at the hotel the night before!!

Which sort of leads nicely on to my question!!

Will Showmasters be accepting credit cards at C10, as they did at C9? I used this service and it was ideal and seemed to run smoothly!!

It also negates the need for £5 notes!!!

Here's hoping they will be accepting credit cards at C10, and maybe GMEX2 if possible!!

• 4 weeks later...

See, this is where Northern Ireland gets confusing - and I live here !!

We have four or five different banks which each issue their own (sterling) notes, and I don't suppose we can expect every English dealer to know the difference between then and what is used in the South ....

Although on the face of it, the fact that NI notes are denominated in pounds, and the RoI uses Euros, you might hope that it wouldn't be too difficult...

Having said that, the exchange at Earl's Court charged me 2.5% to change sterling into sterling :dance: and the receipt described them as "soiled notes".....

Outrageous! :D

I usually just save my money by keeping it somewhere in my room, so it's usually whatever notes I have on me to put in the "savings bit" - a mix of Scottish and English notes. Then I get my money out of the bank - depending on where I do it, it can be Scottish or English notes.

Anyway, my point is - I've not had a problem with Scottish notes at an event, either for buying autos or with dealers. Only problem is trying to buy anything from an actual shop - they always have someone who doesn't speak English who has to check with the manager that they can take the note (that happened once when I handed over an English £10 note).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Could be I missed something but the prices and category of Martine Beswick, Caroline Munro and Madeline Smith aren't mentioned?!

I must have missed them in a previous update. Now added.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stuart,

just a quick question :

TBC - Credit Card - You can pay for autographs by credit card at the organisers booth. Please make sure you get all your Virtual Tickets before you join the credit card payment queue.

Why is there a TBC ? It's not sure that we will be able to pay some autographs with credit card ? I have cash but probably not enough and since I will be abroad for ten days, I might not have enought time to go to the bank and order some more cash.

Thanks in anticipation for your answer :WINCE:

Edited by lams9999

• Moderators

I believe because they had it at C9 but were not able to do it at LFACC, they're probably trying to sort something out at this one so that would be why it's TBC.

Andrea said this in relation to the last event:

"Unfortunately we can't run credit card facilities this time for autograph sales or admission tickets. We are hoping to have some kind of credit card facility set up for selling the remaining photo session tickets by the photo area, but at the moment can't extend it to autograph sales. Hopefully we should have something more permanent set up for later events, but not this one, sorry."

So I suppose it's planned but not confirmed yet :WINCE:

• Showmasters Admin

Question: Will there always be a crew member around to take a photo with the guest (if allowed) if we are in the Q by ourselveS?

The simple answer is yes.

With bigger guests we have a member of the crew on the attendees side of the table to take photos. All guests have a guest assistant sitting next the them that will be more that happy to take a picture for you.