ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

whip_pie

Question: Will there always be a crew member around to take a photo with the guest (if allowed) if we are in the Q by ourselveS?

The simple answer is yes.

With bigger guests we have a member of the crew on the attendees side of the table to take photos. All guests have a guest assistant sitting next the them that will be more that happy to take a picture for you.

thank you, as always tootall - obsessive paranoia gets the better of me sometimes! a day to leave the SLR at home i think!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being as the subject of 'busyness' is part of the answers to FAQ's I think I can ask this in here. When you're in the 'real queues' (I've had a good read through the information/answers and it appears that once you've got your VT you need to be close to a tannoy so you know when your ticket number is called) are there problems with people budging and it being cramped with too many people when you get to the front of the queue and meet the guest for their autograph?

Also do these virtual queues mean you're just hanging around and go round stalls or just taking a break (food and drink)? This is what I've gathered from the answers to the FAQ's.

Edited by SunSpeed

• Showmasters Admin

Being as the subject of 'busyness' is part of the answers to FAQ's I think I can ask this in here. When you're in the 'real queues' (I've had a good read through the information/answers and it appears that once you've got your VT you need to be close to a tannoy so you know when your ticket number is called) are there problems with people budging and it being cramped with too many people when you get to the front of the queue and meet the guest for their autograph?

Also do these virtual queues mean you're just hanging around and go round stalls or just taking a break (food and drink)? This is what I've gathered from the answers to the FAQ's.

The crew make sure that there is no budging or pushing in the real queue. You will have your space when you met the guest.

You don't have to wait around a tannoy. There are white boards at either end of the hall (these get updated every 15 minutes or so) as well as at the end of the guests queue with the numbers on.

Also remember that you don't have to join the queue as soon as your number is called. You can join the "real" queue anytime after your number is called. i.e. If you're VT 100 and the number now says 350 you can still join, you haven't missed your turn.

The point of the VT system is you can go off and get other VTs (so in effect you can be in 10 queues at once, if you want), you can go off around the stalls, go get something to eat or drink. The point of the VTs system is that you're not stuck at the guests queue, you are free to do what you want.

Edited by Too Tall

Thanks for your help. This is the first Collectormania I've gone to and because it sounds more complicated than another signing event I've been to, I need to ask questions on how you go about the event getting your autographs if you're not intending on getting a Gold Pass.

Edited by SunSpeed

• Showmasters Admin

Don't worry. I may seem really complicated but honestly it's not. It's just that because SM events are usual busy we have to have these rules and VT systems in place to deal with the queues. Once you're there it'll all make sense and you'll be fine.

If you have any questions on the day, just grab one of the crew members and they'll help you.

• Showmasters Admin

Just dont LITERALLY grab us...were sensitive lol

You know you love it really ;)

Shush you ! :poki:

oh and if by chance I work with you again (you know what i mean lol)

I'm hiding behind ya all day...better still strap me to your back.. :dance:

You can be my Yoda :yoda::lol::lol:

Don't worry. I may seem really complicated but honestly it's not. It's just that because SM events are usual busy we have to have these rules and VT systems in place to deal with the queues. Once you're there it'll all make sense and you'll be fine.

If you have any questions on the day, just grab one of the crew members and they'll help you.

No I won't grab a crew member to ask them a question, I'll just say "excuse me". :P I did have another question. I nearly forgot it and it is important. Regarding the signatures. If you don't provide any I can bring some A4 plastic envelopes, but when you get your signature from the guest do you get a paper/plastic cover to slide the photo card of the guest into, to save the signature getting smudged? I accidently smudged a signature I got from Richard Kiel at another event (my other signatures are fine).

Thanks for replying. It must have been a rare occasion because when I got Lance Henriksen's signature at a past signing event I did get an autograph pocket. My other signatures I haven't had a pocket for them.

I don't think I'll get an answer to this but it's worth a try. Not at all to do with getting a signature from the guests but to do with what's sold at the stalls. It's a bit specific this but are "24" and X Files trading cards and rare comic books sold on stalls at a Collectormania event?

Edited by SunSpeed

not sure about 24, because i haven't been to the more recent shows, but i'm 99% certain x-files cards have been available in the past.

comic books... there were definitely a couple of stalls with them last time, if memory serves, but i don't know about rarities.

hope thats helpful :P

I don't think I'll get an answer to this but it's worth a try. Not at all to do with getting a signature from the guests but to do with what's sold at the stalls. It's a bit specific this but are "24" and X Files trading cards and rare comic books sold on stalls at a Collectormania event?

There's usually at least two or three big stalls selling trading cards at Collectormania, so I am rather sure you'll find 24 and X-Files cards. :)

There's one comic book stall also normally, but as I am not into comics that much, I have no idea if they have any rare stuff.

Keeper

Queen_Sindel,

You've both been much helpful. :P :P With the comic books I'm thinking more on the graphic novel side and not the superhero stuff like Marvel's comics. Regarding the 24 trading cards I've got the cards for the first two seasons but it's the next two which I'm after.

Edited by SunSpeed

I'm a bit concerned about trying to meet Ian Somerhalder...I won't be arriving at the con until around 10, and will get my VT for him straight away. I'm sticking around until the end of the day so do you think I'll manage to meet him okay? I fear he's going to be a very popular/busy man.

• Moderators

I'm a bit concerned about trying to meet Ian Somerhalder...I won't be arriving at the con until around 10, and will get my VT for him straight away. I'm sticking around until the end of the day so do you think I'll manage to meet him okay? I fear he's going to be a very popular/busy man.

No doubt he will be busy but he is there for a couple of days which will help.

Earlier on the FAQ it's suggested that as long as you get his ticket fairly early, and you're able to stick around for a number of hours, then you should hopefully be ok :P

No doubt he will be busy but he is there for a couple of days which will help.

Earlier on the FAQ it's suggested that as long as you get his ticket fairly early, and you're able to stick around for a number of hours, then you should hopefully be ok :P

Thanks DavidB. I'm just really edgy about it because at LFCC4 I got a ticket for Nathan Fillion a fair bit before noon and stayed all day but still didn't manage to meet him because of how busy he was. That time though I was able to go on the Sunday as well, so I met him on the second day instead, but I'm unfortunantly only able to attend CM10 for the one day this time.

Keeper

Queen_Sindel,

You've both been much helpful. :dance::D With the comic books I'm thinking more on the graphic novel side and not the superhero stuff like Marvel's comics. Regarding the 24 trading cards I've got the cards for the first two seasons but it's the next two which I'm after.

You're welcome. :dance:

I really have no idea about the comics, but you'll be fine about the cards.

Thanks DavidB. I'm just really edgy about it because at LFCC4 I got a ticket for Nathan Fillion a fair bit before noon and stayed all day but still didn't manage to meet him because of how busy he was. That time though I was able to go on the Sunday as well, so I met him on the second day instead, but I'm unfortunantly only able to attend CM10 for the one day this time.

Don't worry.

I think they just underestimated the crowd and Nathan's talkativity that Saturday. ;)

With the comic books I'm thinking more on the graphic novel side and not the superhero stuff like Marvel's comics.

hmm... graphics novels i'm not sure about at all. the only stuff that i'd be reasonably sure of being there would be the superhero stuff.... :D

but you might get lucky :dance: