How's everyone's weekend going?

If it's dead then it's time we liven it up! :yoda:

I went on Saturday 8th July and it was a very good, busy and somewhat hectic day. I was also disappointed about Olivia Cooke not being able to attend but am hopeful for a future appearance. That being said, I got a replacement photoshoot with Mike Colter who was awesome and also had photos with Amanda Tapping from Stargate and Jessica Henwick from Game of Thrones. 

In addition, I managed to sneak in a free photo with Ingvild Deila from Rogue One and got lots of amazing snaps of Cosplayers from around the event B) And last but certainly not least I attended five talks on that day as well so I was chocka-blocka for activity!

All in all, a very good day. And I made some American friends on the tube who I hope to visit in the years to come :clap:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Likewise! lol. Took the Olympia West gym a few times (as it was closer than the Recharge Point) but insta kicks are always a thing during comic con. lol

(And of course the brother gets a shiny whilst at comic con… <_<)

I understand all of those words.

• Haha 1

Only went Sunday, arrived at opening time, and apart from a short queue with newly introduced VQ for Scott Adkins, I got through everyone I wanted to meet in 90 minutes. Debating waiting on my low VQ for Chuck, but it would have meant sticking around until at least 2:30pm, and didn't fancy it. Maybe I should have as apparently he's never coming to Europe again (he IS 83, I can't blame him!). Hey ho, maybe ask someone in the US to help me if he does a con there in the future. It felt quieter, even for a Sunday, most people seemed there for Clark (no surprise with the DP carryovers), Danny T and Chuck aside from Scott.

On 7/10/2023 at 10:28 AM, Wrong Name said:

I think there are two reasons why this forum is dead these days. Of course, covid is one as that caused some controversial decisions by some companies that put people off, but I also think the loss of the well known mods on here had a big impact as well. 

There's also the fact there's no link any more on the main LFCC pages to the forum. Thus, no new traffic, you will only come here if you know it exists or stumble upon from a Google. The push to get everyone engaging on FB or Twatter instead.

On 7/10/2023 at 4:03 PM, natedammit said:

I should explain. Everybody likes you, because you're great, so when you started posting less loads of people thought "well, what's the point if Wrong Name isn't here?" You're an influencer. Those that remained were left with me and that just drove the rest off. 

I’m gonna cry! That’s the nicest thing I think you’ve ever said to me!

On 7/9/2023 at 12:38 PM, Faerie Tanith said:

I've heard a lot of people say that they've gone from a huge amount of meets over the weekend to barely any lately. Myself included. I met 6 guests this time and they were mostly made up of people I decided to see last minute just because I could, and that 6 is a huge number compared to the slim pickings from the last few years. At my busiest I was getting in 15 or so guests over a weekend. 

I didnt bother going this year. In the past have done around 12 photos and numerous autos in a day. This year unfortunately there either wasnt anyone I was interested in, or those I was, I've already met. I'm pretty sure there used to be about 8 or 9 different photo shoot areas too.

Wondering, did Ernie Hudson make it this time?

Edited by spengler

On 7/12/2023 at 5:40 PM, spengler said:

I didnt bother going this year. In the past have done around 12 photos and numerous autos in a day. This year unfortunately there either wasnt anyone I was interested in, or those I was, I've already met. I'm pretty sure there used to be about 8 or 9 different photo shoot areas too.

Wondering, did Ernie Hudson make it this time?

No Ernie cancelled a little while ahead of the event.

• Thanks 1

See if I can liven it up with my usual summing up and pics.

This was my first LFCC and SM event since 2019, and for me, it was stress-free, but tiring.
Only had 1 autograph and 2 photoshoots.
But it was good to meet some fellow cosplayers for the first time in years, especially in light of a personal circumstance a couple of years back.

Main highlight was having a photoshoot with Sylvester McCoy in costume, while cosplaying as his Doctor.

Good points:
Crew member complementing me on paying in £5 notes for an autograph
Guest area less of a mosh pit
Got to see (not meet) almost every guest, even if a few were just brief glimpses
Almost every trader accepting cash
Trader tables in a straight, rather than staggered, alignment
The lady selling the tribbles putting up with my Klingon (some of the tribbles didn't even get frightened)
Being able to visit the Lego displays in the afternoon

Negative points:
Morning queue for Robert Emms was limited for health and safety reasons - could have either done with Mr Emms being in the guest area rather than the Star Wars Zone, or VQ tickets
At least one trader only accepting card
No slush drink stall like the one held in 2018 & 2019
Some others, but these are on Olympia's end rather than Showmasters

Edited by Sebster118
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...