Gifts for guests

16 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

I'm curious; is anyone bringing gifts for guests? and if so, what are you bringing for whom? :D

I sometimes give Belgian beer or chocolates (not very inspiring I know, but hey, they are my national prouds) ;)

Be careful doing so with guests that fly in (US or Canada etc) as they have limitation what they can bring back, weight customs regulations etc. And might not drink beer or eat chocolate. I know for once that Nathalie is strict vegan.

As I am meeting Tony I will give him something in connection with where I am from and history. I am a die hard fan of Time Team and not far from me is a rune stone from the viking age, lots of viking stuff close by. So I have a hand size replica of that stone for him. A little thing from Sweden. ^_^

Edited by Chris1970

Yes, might as well put it out there seeing as the subject has been raised for any new attendees.

HOME MADE FOOD IS A BIG NO NO.

Also expect that guest will not take what you give them home as they can't, so don't give them expensive and irreplaceable gifts.

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yes, might as well put it out there seeing as the subject has been raised for any new attendees.

HOME MADE FOOD IS A BIG NO NO.

Also expect that guest will not take what you give them home as they can't, so don't give them expensive and irreplaceable gifts.

So no strawberry cake?! I was thinking of baking, packing and take it on the flight. :lol:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I've done tiny roses in bottles before. Never a bear though.

13 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I think you signed into the wrong account

Skimmed right passed that one.

Oi bear, get your own schtick!