Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
showmasters

Latest Guest Announcement - NICK CASTLE

Recommended Posts

ok fingers crossed this issue is resolved for tomorrow and they issue VQ tickets ( even though that wont stop the Q waiting time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

ok fingers crossed this issue is resolved for tomorrow and they issue VQ tickets ( even though that wont stop the Q waiting time)

It should make the queue more organised, and it would prevent you having to physically stand in his queue for hours. So you can go off and enjoy the rest of the event whilst you are waiting. I'd be seriously surprised if VQs weren't issued over the rest of the weekend, but it would be extremely useful if someone who is already at the event has a word with a pit boss and discusses the issue with them now.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

It should make the queue more organised, and it would prevent you having to physically stand in his queue for hours. So you can go off and enjoy the rest of the event whilst you are waiting. I'd be seriously surprised if VQs weren't issued over the rest of the weekend, but it would be extremely useful if someone who is already at the event has a word with a pit boss and discusses the issue with them now.

yes i totally agree, so anyone if your there seeing Nick castle today please do suggest to the pit bosses, or any organisers who are there and have internet access on their phones ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zombiebeegee said:

I got nick this morning he was on vq when I got him, quite busy but it moved along fairy quick 

Good news to hear that he is on the VQ system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so hes been on VQ ticket all morning? why a 4-5 hour wait then? i knew my idea would be popular!!! i created the guest suggestion before the new halloween movie was announced, then all of a sudden good old showmasters booked him! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to my info Nick was on VQ all day. The issue is he is a very slow signer and people had to wait for their VQ numbers to be called for such a long time.

I am messaging people at the venue. But I really can't proise when/if I get responses.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

According to my info Nick was on VQ all day. The issue is he is a very slow signer and people had to wait for their VQ numbers to be called for such a long time.

I am messaging people at the venue. But I really can't proise when/if I get responses.

Ok thank you very much for the help :D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

According to my info Nick was on VQ all day. The issue is he is a very slow signer and people had to wait for their VQ numbers to be called for such a long time.

I am messaging people at the venue. But I really can't proise when/if I get responses.

thank you! fingers crossed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i guess it's because Nick is such a nice guy he's spending a few minutes with each person, and this is what is taking the time up .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got there in the end - was very pleased to meet him, because Last Starfighter was an extremely important film to me as a kid. It was worth the wait.

So first of all, yes of course he's on a VQ system - when I said there was a long wait, I didn't mean standing in a queue! Showmasters are generally very good at organization, and this is no exception. 

Secondly, I think the reason why the wait is so long is twofold. First, he spends in general a fair time with each person, talking, and connecting. And that's a good thing. But second, he's rather more popular than I think SM anticipated. my unscientific theory is that about 95% of his queue wants to meet him for Halloween, and with the new sequel out, I guess his name is big again.

TLDR - If you're looking to meet him tomorrow, I would strongly recommend getting there as quickly as you possibly can to get your VQ ticket. I'm sure it will be 10x as busy tomorrow!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeDonovan said:

I got there in the end - was very pleased to meet him, because Last Starfighter was an extremely important film to me as a kid. It was worth the wait.

So first of all, yes of course he's on a VQ system - when I said there was a long wait, I didn't mean standing in a queue! Showmasters are generally very good at organization, and this is no exception. 

Secondly, I think the reason why the wait is so long is twofold. First, he spends in general a fair time with each person, talking, and connecting. And that's a good thing. But second, he's rather more popular than I think SM anticipated. my unscientific theory is that about 95% of his queue wants to meet him for Halloween, and with the new sequel out, I guess his name is big again.

TLDR - If you're looking to meet him tomorrow, I would strongly recommend getting there as quickly as you possibly can to get your VQ ticket. I'm sure it will be 10x as busy tomorrow!

sounds awesome mate! you can thank me for him being there as i created the guest suggestion and then the new halloween was announced, now i guess it's going through the roof! Lol hopefully i'll be ok i don't get to the venue till around midday tomorrow and need to be back at london euston for 17.30pm for my train back to glasgow! so if i don't get an autograph/chat i'll be gutted!

p.s. what does TLDR stand for? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MikeDonovan said:

I got there in the end - was very pleased to meet him, because Last Starfighter was an extremely important film to me as a kid. It was worth the wait.

So first of all, yes of course he's on a VQ system - when I said there was a long wait, I didn't mean standing in a queue! Showmasters are generally very good at organization, and this is no exception. 

Secondly, I think the reason why the wait is so long is twofold. First, he spends in general a fair time with each person, talking, and connecting. And that's a good thing. But second, he's rather more popular than I think SM anticipated. my unscientific theory is that about 95% of his queue wants to meet him for Halloween, and with the new sequel out, I guess his name is big again.

TLDR - If you're looking to meet him tomorrow, I would strongly recommend getting there as quickly as you possibly can to get your VQ ticket. I'm sure it will be 10x as busy tomorrow!

Awesome. Thanks for the info and glad you enjoyed it! Did you meet Lance and Catherine also? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i hope someone managed to record Nick's talk that has just passed and up's it to YouTube, fingers crossed! had i known earlier that he was doing the talk i would have came down today instead of tomorrow...

Edited by charliechuck71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

i hope someone managed to record Nick's talk that has just passed and up's it to YouTube, fingers crossed! had i known earlier that he was doing the talk i would have came down today instead of tomorrow...

That won't happen as you're not allowed to film during talks.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, charliechuck71 said:

so a gold pass entiltles you to the front of the Q for any/all guests? :o and why would you buy a gold pass if your only going for 1 guest? which in my case is Nick castle, so basically to guarantee you have to pay through the nose? :(

Gold passes do not go to the front.  They can join the back of any non diamond guest without a VQ.  They do not have priority

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Gold passes do not go to the front.  They can join the back of any non diamond guest without a VQ.  They do not have priority

They will also be turned away if the queue is to long, just like everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Gold passes do not go to the front.  They can join the back of any non diamond guest without a VQ.  They do not have priority

so in this instance gold or diamond passes don't take precedence as Nick is just an ordinary guest ok thats fair then :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

so in this instance gold or diamond passes don't take precedence as Nick is just an ordinary guest ok thats fair then :D

In any instance.  Golds and late arriving Diamonds should just go on the back but some crew may slot them in further down.  But they don't all automatically go to the front

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think a late Diamond was slotted in behind me while waiting for Ray Park... but it's very much the exception not the norm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

In any instance.  Golds and late arriving Diamonds should just go on the back but some crew may slot them in further down.  But they don't all automatically go to the front

That wasn't the case in Meat Loaf's queue, all diamonds were being put in ahead of virtual queue. But he hadn't moved to virtual queue yet so I guess that was why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EllaBlair said:

That wasn't the case in Meat Loaf's queue, all diamonds were being put in ahead of virtual queue. But he hadn't moved to virtual queue yet so I guess that was why?

I'd guess so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, spengler said:

Awesome. Thanks for the info and glad you enjoyed it! Did you meet Lance and Catherine also? 

I had already met them before, some time ago :) However, I have to say, Catherine Mary Stuart still looks just about fine to me at 60!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeDonovan said:

I had already met them before, some time ago :) However, I have to say, Catherine Mary Stuart still looks just about fine to me at 60!

:thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MikeDonovan said:

I had already met them before, some time ago :) However, I have to say, Catherine Mary Stuart still looks just about fine to me at 60!

That's what I thought too :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...