General Chat

Just now, wjbleming said:

So your first words aren't "I'm such a fan!" or "What great work you've done!" but "Take a picky pic with me!" ;)

Well, not me, I'm too shy to approach them on the street to be honest.

Just now, tenaciouspirit said:

Always been an auto man. Partly because I don't really like having my photo taken, but also because you get more time with the guests, and I can get a load of autos on a certain item, and turn it into a cool display piece. I've recently begun investing in my collection as something I can pass on to my future children, and i'm not sure they'd care as much about my photos. I'm not adverse to photos though. I like them in my diamond passes, and I get them for guests I just can't afford to miss.

Well, not to start a fight or anything but I personally think most of our collections are worthless really, unless you have something rare or fantastic there's so many auto's out there, there can't be much value in most of them.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Well, not to start a fight or anything but I personally think most of our collections are worthless really, unless you have something rare or fantastic there's so many auto's out there, there can't be much value in most of them.

Oh i'm not talking about value. More just something they can cherish as I have done. Like I remember having a few things given to me by my dad that I then framed. I just don't think they'd be as interested in a bunch of pics of me :P

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I have no problem approaching someone famous, they are just like me and many (not all) love the attention. Not been turned down yet. Most "on the street" are swedish celebs but some international. One chance I missed and I still grieve.. Back in 2015 I went to NY for 18 days, one day I went to the coastal city of Asbury Park in New Jersey, as I am a huge Bruce Springsteen fan and it is very much his hometown, he lives not far from it. We stayed there all day and had a nice dinner at a great restaurant close to the boardwalk. We try to deside which train we should take back to NY, and  decided on the 20.30 one instead of 22.30. The next day I found out Mr. Springsteen had come to just that restaurant at 21:00 to eat, he stopped and took selfies and signed for people, did not stress. Never been so upset when I found that out. :( In his hometown and all...

Natalie Dormer even asked me "where is your mobile?", we took one each of us on our mobiles?! :lol:

Back in 1995 I met Björn Ulveaus (ABBA) at Sydney Airport, old-fashioned selfie with camera that had film(!) That was pretty fun.

Edited by Chris1970

9 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Oh i'm not talking about value. More just something they can cherish as I have done. Like I remember having a few things given to me by my dad that I then framed. I just don't think they'd be as interested in a bunch of pics of me :P

That’s really sweet :wub:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

My dad was taken to hospital with cerebral haemorrhage. I just got home. He is stable but kept under constant observation. 

Sorry to hear that, Chris. Good to hear your dad's stable and hope he gets better soon, mate.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Sorry to hear that, Chris. Good to hear your dad's stable and hope he gets better soon, mate.

Thanks. I think many of us have that ”image” that the parents are indestructible but in the end fragile as anyone else

Edited by Chris1970

30 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

My dad was taken to hospital with cerebral haemorrhage. I just got home. He is stable but kept under constant observation. 

Oh hun I am so sorry, sending heartfelt best wishes to you all xx

• Thanks 1