General Chat

I'm currently trying to finish Vampire Diaries. Started feeling bad that I hadn't finished it now that I'm meeting Ian and Paul :WINCE: Fell off half way in season 6 when it was airing, so got 2.5 seasons to watch.

Last year I rewatched all of Buffy and first season of Angel because of Alyson and Alexis. And watched Futurama from start to finish (I've only seen it out of order) because of Phil LaMarr.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I'm currently trying to finish Vampire Diaries. Started feeling bad that I hadn't finished it now that I'm meeting Ian and Paul :WINCE: Fell off half way in season 6 when it was airing, so got 2.5 seasons to watch.

My wife's been rewatching for about 2 months now (she only finished watching it for the first time 8 months ago) so i've been...'treated'... to the whole show :P

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Haha 1

I'm considering getting some posters and start getting them signed at the con. Previously I've only gone with the photos at the table and my Con Man poster. So the poster area is a little new to me. I want to get some small ones, A3 sized. Anyone have any good advice? Useful tips? Things to keep in mind?

I have only had one poster signed, years ago. One of the smaller cinema ones, I guess A3 size, Alice Krige signed my Silent Hill poster. No real experience then... I will go for the photos at the table. Except Tony Robinson, he get to sign a Time Team book. ^_^

• Like 1

If doing posters don't get them personalized - I think it looks a bit silly having your name on there repeatedly.

When buying a poster think about the colours it has in it and whether it's going to be easy to find a pen colour to stand out - or even if there's too much writing on there, you want room for the sigs so that they show up nicely.

• Like 1

I'd get something flat to carry them in (like an art carry case or something). Nothing worse than trying to get a poster signed that just wants to roll itself back up again! I'd also recommend getting some sticky notes to cover over the autos so they don't rub against anything while being stored (don't put the sticky part on the auto!). If it's a big poster, I'd also advise using the sticky notes to mark an area you want the guest to sign in case they decide to take up the whole thing when you plan to get loads more people to sign it! (I need to remember to do this, the last poster I had signed now has very little room on it because of this! Bumberwhaps Flabbycabbage called them "idiot's guides"!)

• Like 3

I find posters awesome to have signed but a pain in the *ss to carry around... So much work to keep them nicely folded or in a folder... So big as well. I prefer smaller objects myself, but on the other hand it's cooler to have one poster of a tv show or movie signed by the entire cast and showcase it on your wall.

• Like 2

I wouldn't trust myself with keeping something as big as a poster safe and damage-free. Last year I just stuck to a magazine and dvds. This year I'll go for dvds again and might try to get drawings signed too

Just now, Broo said:

I wouldn't trust myself with keeping something as big as a poster safe and damage-free. Last year I just stuck to a magazine and dvds. This year I'll go for dvds again and might try to get drawings signed too

Easier to tuck away ;)

46 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Easier to tuck away ;)

And easier to store them long term too ;)

37 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

So next year? Even easier...postcards? :lol:

Or even better postage stamps, you can fit loads in your pockets. Guests might have to sign their initials only, though :P

(Actually I had a couple of postcards signed in the past to be honest :lol::P)

Edited by Nerd Who
  • Like 1