New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

I am a complete newbie!

all this talk of vq I have no idea about. 

I have diamond pass for one guest on Sunday with no idea how autograph/photo queuing works  Or how to pick up diamond pass.

I then have a double photo with two quests batch 5 .. on the sunday, too not sure on the batch thing either.

I have so many questions about so much will there be a FAQ page at some point, or if there is can someone point me in the right direction. 

I will probably be the one sat in the middle of the venue crying.. 

2 hours ago, Loulou894 said:

I am a complete newbie!

all this talk of vq I have no idea about. VQ's (Virtual Queue) are a ticket queuing system used to keep the queue sizes manageable and so you don't have to stand in 1 line waiting to get to the front for hours and get very little done.  Each guest, usually the ones over £20/25 will have a numbered ticket given out by the crew member running their queue.  You go and collect one when you get in for each guest you want over that price that you do not have a Diamond pass for - you won't need a VQ for the person you have the Diamond for.  This VQ ticket is your virtual place in that queue so you can go away and do other things.  You keep checking back and the guest will have a small whiteboard up that displays what number they have called to so you can join the real queue any time after your number has been called.  So if you have VQ 290 say, and they are calling VQ 1-60 you can't join the queue, you have to leave and keep checking back, once it says VQ 1- 300 you can join.  It works well to keep the queues from getting unmanageable.  Note that the VQ's are not a guarantee of an auto as they are just a place in the queue, if the guest is slow, very busy ect there is no certainty you will get to the front.

I have diamond pass for one guest on Sunday with no idea how autograph/photo queuing works  Or how to pick up diamond pass. We don't have confirmation of collection yet but if it's the same as last year you can collect your pass from a table set up in the main queuing hall.  Don't worry, all the details will be confirmed nearer the time.  Diamond queuing works the same as the VQ's just Diamonds go first.  So for example for Peter C they will start the day off calling Diamond 1-20, 1-40 ect, then when/if they reach the end they will then call the VQ's as well.  When you collect the pass it will have your pass number on it.  For photo's Diamond ticket holders are called first.

I then have a double photo with two quests batch 5 .. on the sunday, too not sure on the batch thing either. Batches are the photo equivalent of the VQ's and are to divide up a huge crowd into manageable groups.  They call people in the following order. Diamonds if it's a Diamond guest included photo, then Gold pass holders all batches, then Batch 1, Batch 2 and so on.  There are about 100 people in a batch.  The best thing to do is wait until the schedule is published and you can see when your session will be and you can ask for advice on when to join the photo queue then if you need to.

I have so many questions about so much will there be a FAQ page at some point, or if there is can someone point me in the right direction. Queen is working on revising the FAQ but in the mean time the website has a lot of good info if you want to peruse all the links in there.  But please do ask anything you want here as well, that's what this thread is here for and we are all happy to help where we can.

I will probably be the one sat in the middle of the venue crying.. Ahh you won't be, there's no time for crying! :D And you'll be too excited

Hi LouLou, please see above

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

Hello.

Apologies for what may seem like straightforward questions, but I haven't been to an LFCC for a few years, and am confused about a couple of things. Could someone please help? I have gone back through the posts, but there seems to be different advice for the same questions :-)

• I have bought a diamond pass for Meat Loaf, but will only be attending on the Friday. I know I won't see his talk (:sad:), but will I still get a photo and a signature?
  • How do the diamond passes work - will Meat Loaf be signing first, or doing photos? 
  • Someone mentioned in a previous post that you have to collect your diamond pass earlier in the week - I'll only be arriving in London on Thursday night, so may not be able to collect until the day - is this a problem?
  • The last time I went to LFCC, we were queuing from about 5am for a 10am start - will this still be necessary, even for a Diamond pass?
  • If I wanted to book photo tickets for other guests (ie Lita :wub:), what would I do if the photo times clashed with Meat Loaf??

Think that's everything - I'd appreciate any advice!

Thanks 

23 minutes ago, KevSim said:

• I have bought a diamond pass for Meat Loaf, but will only be attending on the Friday. I know I won't see his talk (:sad:), but will I still get a photo and a signature? Yes. I assume you selected Friday for his photoshoot.
  • How do the diamond passes work - will Meat Loaf be signing first, or doing photos? Most likley, he’ll start signing autographs, unless he has a photoshoot at the beginning.
  • Someone mentioned in a previous post that you have to collect your diamond pass earlier in the week - I'll only be arriving in London on Thursday night, so may not be able to collect until the day - is this a problem?
  • You don’t have to collect earlier in the week. There’s normally a collection on Thursday afternoon (this is to be confirmed for this year), but they can be collected on the day in the entrance area.
  • The last time I went to LFCC, we were queuing from about 5am for a 10am start - will this still be necessary, even for a Diamond pass? Only if you want to meet other guests of a high calibre. If you’re only after Meat Loaf’s autograph, you won’t need to get there early.
  • If I wanted to book photo tickets for other guests (ie Lita :wub:), what would I do if the photo times clashed with Meat Loaf?? You can ask on the forum when the schedule’s up, or speak to a crew member on the day.

Please see above.

Hope they help.

Edited by Sebster118

25 minutes ago, KevSim said:

Hello.

Apologies for what may seem like straightforward questions, but I haven't been to an LFCC for a few years, and am confused about a couple of things. Could someone please help? I have gone back through the posts, but there seems to be different advice for the same questions :-)

• I have bought a diamond pass for Meat Loaf, but will only be attending on the Friday. I know I won't see his talk (:sad:), but will I still get a photo and a signature?
  • How do the diamond passes work - will Meat Loaf be signing first, or doing photos? 
  • The last time I went to LFCC, we were queuing from about 5am for a 10am start - will this still be necessary, even for a Diamond pass?
  • If I wanted to book photo tickets for other guests (ie Lita :wub:), what would I do if the photo times clashed with Meat Loaf??

Think that's everything - I'd appreciate any advice!

Thanks 

• If you selected Friday for the photo you will defiantly get it that day. As for the Auto, Diamond passes are called up in order and you can't get your auto until after yours is called. Chances are that they will get to your number, but you won't know for sure as the Diamond passes aren't really designed for people only going for one day.
  • Diamond passes allow you priority for the guests so you will go first for autos and photos, but we won't know what the guest will be doing first until the schedule is released.
  • In previous years, you could collect you passes on the Thursday to save time on the show days, but there has always been a stand in the queueing area where you can collect your passes on the day.
  • If you are not bothered about seeing any other guests, then no, you will not need to get there that early. The main reason for getting there early is to get low VQ numbers for autos, but with the diamond pass you won't need this. If you do want to see any guests who may be on the VQ system, then getting there as early as you are able is advised (although 5am still seems a bit early in my opinion!)
  • It's very unlikely that you will have complete clashes on photoshoots as the length of time they are on for usually allows you to do both (remember, you will not be there the whole length of the shoot and diamond holders get to go in first show you should be through within a few minutes). You can ask for advise once the schedule is out but the usual advise is to go to the one the finishes first, then the other. Speak to the crew on the photo areas and they will be able to help you.
Edited by Wrong Name

19 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:
  • as the Diamond passes aren't really designed for people only going for one day.

Thanks for your response. This part worries me a bit though - I bought the diamond pass for Meat Loaf as I thought this would be the best way to guarantee both a photo and an autograph. Are you saying that I should have bought a different ticket? 

7 minutes ago, KevSim said:

Thanks for your response. This part worries me a bit though - I bought the diamond pass for Meat Loaf as I thought this would be the best way to guarantee both a photo and an autograph. Are you saying that I should have bought a different ticket? 

No, as I said I think you'll be fine. As Friday is generally the quieter day, I think they will easily get passed all Diamond ticket numbers and onto VQs for Meat Loaf. I was just warning you that it COULD be possible they don't get to your number. But I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Can anyone give a rough idea how bad the entry queue into the Olympia is and how long it approximately takes to gain entry?

How long is a piece of string?  The queue can get very long R4 but once the doors are open it will be very very quick as they pre scan as many people as they can so most people will be through the doors within 5/10 minutes.  Best bet is to go to the main doors and ask if you can go in and get your Diamond and then join the queue.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Can anyone give a rough idea how bad the entry queue into the Olympia is and how long it approximately takes to gain entry?

Once the event opens it goes quite fast if you're already in the queue (past bag and ticket check), but there are a lot of people in that queue so it's quite long. What you need to ask yourself is do you need VQ ticket for someone? If yes, how early do you need to queue to get a low VQ ticket number for that person. Also if you have activities that start early, make sure you are inside the venue a good while before the activity starts.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KevSim said:

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

No, as I said I think you'll be fine. As Friday is generally the quieter day, I think they will easily get passed all Diamond ticket numbers and onto VQs for Meat Loaf. I was just warning you that it COULD be possible they don't get to your number. But I doubt it.

What Wrong said.  The factors that make the auto part of it more difficult to judge and thus don't guarantee you getting it on the day (and therefor why it's considered as activities that take place over the weekend) you are there is that the guest may have other activities on the day that take up a lot of time and/or they may be a slow signer.  So theoretically it may be that your number won't be called until the next day.  It doesn't happen often and Meatloaf is there all 3 days which means he may not be as rushed and Friday is the quieter day.  You should be fine but there is always a teeny tiny risk.  If it looks like your number may not be reached speak to the crew and they will help you through if they can but it's not guaranteed.

If you bought your ticket early and have a low number you will definitely be fine.