New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

Finally made a new card with my name on it, which I will hand over to the guest at the autograph tables, saves time for me and for others. A nice easy read printout in A7 size.

I found some A7 size self-laminating cards at the shop and all set and done. That means you dont need a laminating machine. I can highly recommend all carrying this when getting auto's.

Two additional questions.

1- For photo ops, it seems to say that photo tickets are for one person.  Is that for one adult?  Or one person?  (I ask as I normally get the pictures with myself and my son.)

2- What is the food situation at this event?  I am assuming everything is overpriced.  And, am I able to bring in my own water?  

It is per person so if you want a photoshoot with your son, you’ll need 2 tickets but you’ll get 2 photos.

As for food, they are a bit pricey but it’s good to shop around as drinks from some eateries are cheaper than others. I normally go for paninis, crisps and bottled cola for lunch.

Some of the imported drinks from dealers are cheaper.

You can bring your own water. I do so myself.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TankerT said:

2- What is the food situation at this event?  I am assuming everything is overpriced.  And, am I able to bring in my own water?  

Yes, it's more expensive to buy food and drinks at the event than in a store. But your general opinion on the price level depends on where you're from. As a person from Norway, buying things at the store is cheap as **** and the price at the venue is pretty much regular store prices in Norway.

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Yes, it's more expensive to buy food and drinks at the event than in a store. But your general opinion on the price level depends on where you're from. As a person from Norway, buying things at the store is cheap as **** and the price at the venue is pretty much regular store prices in Norway.

I'm coming from the USA, in a lower cost area.  Coupled with the exchange rate which is 1.5 times the US $, I am probably in for sticker shock.

What type of foods are available?

5 minutes ago, TankerT said:

I'm coming from the USA, in a lower cost area.  Coupled with the exchange rate which is 1.5 times the US $, I am probably in for sticker shock.

What type of foods are available?

There is a pizza place, a canteen-ish place and several small stalls selling sandwiches and such.

I would recomend buying drinks and snacks for the day at Tesco, a store across the street for the venue on the south side. They do have some sandwiches, but last year it was fairly empty on Thursday and didn't seem to be restocked during the weekend. Or if you find another store on your way from your hotel to the venue.

If you have a really busy schedule then you might not have time to leave the con to buy more food and drinks or a lunch during the day.

12 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

There is a pizza place, a canteen-ish place and several small stalls selling sandwiches and such.

I would recomend buying drinks and snacks for the day at Tesco, a store across the street for the venue on the south side. They do have some sandwiches, but last year it was fairly empty on Thursday and didn't seem to be restocked during the weekend. Or if you find another store on your way from your hotel to the venue.

If you have a really busy schedule then you might not have time to leave the con to buy more food and drinks or a lunch during the day.

Indeed, I simply didn’t have the time to go outside last year :P