Guest Suggestions

chugs

5 hours ago, GrootsBrother said:

With lfcc just next month im beginning to wonder if any of these big names suggested will be got if any at all? I'm trying to think back to last year when those big announcements were made the biggest being sigourney weaver and when it was and am thinking it was well before the month before the con and if that's the case they are leaving it maybe a bit late this time but hey sm got sigourney so you never know it just doesn't seem quite as exciting this time like a big announcement is coming am i being negative or does anyone else feel the same? Could there be a real flurry of major announcements at the end of this month leading into July and just before the con date? I'm abit confused about it this year :wacko:

Firstly, Sigourney was 2 years ago. Secondly, there are plenty of big guests already announced, whether they are to your taste is another matter. Just to pick one guest for example we have John Cleese, a comedy god, internationally famous, the (co-)creator and star of the most lauded sitcom ever and who has appeared in Bond and Potter.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GrootsBrother said:

With lfcc just next month im beginning to wonder if any of these big names suggested will be got if any at all? I'm trying to think back to last year when those big announcements were made the biggest being sigourney weaver and when it was and am thinking it was well before the month before the con and if that's the case they are leaving it maybe a bit late this time but hey sm got sigourney so you never know it just doesn't seem quite as exciting this time like a big announcement is coming am i being negative or does anyone else feel the same? Could there be a real flurry of major announcements at the end of this month leading into July and just before the con date? I'm abit confused about it this year :wacko:

Yes, you are being negative. :P

mpharris has already explained it perfectly well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrootsBrother said:

i understand your feelings... sadly tom cruise who is normally a regular is washing his hair this year, bruce willis was expected but spoiler alert turns out he is actually just a ghost and someone has kidnapped Liam Neeson's family again so he cant make it....

yes, there is a hint of sarcasm there! Sigourney Weaver 2 years ago, jeremy Renner last year... this year we have the likes of John Cleese and Adam West. I will be honest, they arent ones i intend to meet. amazing guests none the less.... but not for my particular fandoms. i am not however so foolish as to mistake my lack of personal excitement at these guests for them in any way not being BIG announcements.

you need a reality check! im even going to go as far as to say John Cleese has been in more blockbuster films than Sigourney Weaver. You combine the multiple bond films, harry potter, pink panther films and other various comedies....

if you feel the need to make silly points like this again, i recommend first of all checking guest's imdb pages. then realise the comment you was about to make, was absurd

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrootsBrother said:

What is big for you doesn't mean it is big for someone else. 

Personally I prefer small guests that you can actually interract with than big guests who give you 2 seconds of their time as the queue is long. 

• Like 2

Also: Cleese has never done conventions before, Tom Wilson had sworn off the BttF fandom for many years, and people like Alyson Hannigan, Conleth Hill or Zoë Wanamaker do very few events. This year's lineup is a huge achievement, even if it's maybe less "flashy" than 2015.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MarioVl said:

Also: Cleese has never done conventions before, Tom Wilson had sworn off the BttF fandom for many years, and people like Alyson Hannigan, Conleth Hill or Zoë Wanamaker do very few events. This year's lineup is a huge achievement, even if it's maybe less "flashy" than 2015.

not true mario... we have some Flash guests too ;) lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mpharris said:

Firstly, Sigourney was 2 years ago. Secondly, there are plenty of big guests already announced, whether they are to your taste is another matter. Just to pick one guest for example we have John Cleese, a comedy god, internationally famous, the (co-)creator and star of the most lauded sitcom ever and who has appeared in Bond and Potter.

Yeah ya right there are still some great guests and wasn't trying to say otherwise and can't believe Sigourney was two years ago where have i been? That's what happens when ya guarding the galaxy time flies as do the years! :lol: and i am excited as am meeting Christopher Lloyd also great like John Cleese and an acting god a so might meet John also and am meeting alot've the Dr who eighties cast which im looking forward to being a whovian so don't know why i put all that and wish it could be deleted really but in a way I thought i was making a valid point but obviously not anyway peeps forget what I said i am groots brother after all and we aren't the sharpest tools in the box :D

14 minutes ago, GrootsBrother said:

Yeah ya right there are still some great guests and wasn't trying to say otherwise and can't believe Sigourney was two years ago where have i been? That's what happens when ya guarding the galaxy time flies as do the years! :lol: and i am excited as am meeting Christopher Lloyd also great like John Cleese and an acting god a so might meet John also and am meeting alot've the Dr who eighties cast which im looking forward to being a whovian so don't know why i put all that and wish it could be deleted really but in a way I thought i was making a valid point but obviously not anyway peeps forget what I said i am groots brother after all and we aren't the sharpest tools in the box :D

guarding the galaxy? i remember groot doing that but i dont recall groots brother being a part of that!

when you work out where youve been let us know! we will be in the queues to meet the big guests :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

guarding the galaxy? i remember groot doing that but i dont recall groots brother being a part of that!

when you work out where youve been let us know! we will be in the queues to meet the big guests :)

Please don't be hating me smithy what i said has been taken out of context which i have apologised for and hold my hands up about if there was some way i could delete it take it back i would and i am looking forward to the con this year as am going to meet the guests I've always wanted to meet 

1 hour ago, MarioVl said:

Many sincere apologies 

1 hour ago, RoryMcGarrett said:

Personally I prefer small guests that you can actually interract with than big guests who give you 2 seconds of their time as the queue is long. 

Sorry Rory 

3 minutes ago, GrootsBrother said:

Please don't be hating me smithy what i said has been taken out of context which i have apologised for and hold my hands up about if there was some way i could delete it take it back i would and i am looking forward to the con this year as am going to meet the guests I've always wanted to meet 

hating you? we only just started talking! dont be so dramatic :P i think your opinion is way off but im not so petty as to hate you for that :) and genuinely we will be in the queues to meet the big guests... dont be afraid to come over and say hi. thats the fun part of the forums

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

hating you? we only just started talking! dont be so dramatic :P i think your opinion is way off but im not so petty as to hate you for that :) and genuinely we will be in the queues to meet the big guests... dont be afraid to come over and say hi. thats the fun part of the forums

No worries smithy just thought peeps were being down on me for one misjudged comment and of course i wouldn't be shelling out my hard earned cash at the con if there wasn't anyone i wanted to meet and i am excited just recalling the buzz i felt when Sigourney was announced hope you can understand that! And by the way groot is the main guardian but i had to fill in for him after what happened in the first film :lol:

1 hour ago, RoryMcGarrett said:

Also Rory what you say about the so called small guests is true as had long chats with people like bonnie langford who is so kind and lovely and has so much time for her fans another one is colette hiller who was genuinely interested in what i do for a living as a job so i do know where you're coming from and my comment was misjudged 

6 minutes ago, GrootsBrother said:

Also Rory what you say about the so called small guests is true as had long chats with people like bonnie langford who is so kind and lovely and has so much time for her fans another one is colette hiller who was genuinely interested in what i do for a living as a job so i do know where you're coming from and my comment was misjudged 

That is ok. There is introduce yourself thread, maybe fill it in as you are fairly new so people can get to know you more. Unfortunately thid thread is not good for this discussion

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GrootsBrother said:

No worries smithy just thought peeps were being down on me for one misjudged comment and of course i wouldn't be shelling out my hard earned cash at the con if there wasn't anyone i wanted to meet and i am excited just recalling the buzz i felt when Sigourney was announced hope you can understand that! And by the way groot is the main guardian but i had to fill in for him after what happened in the first film :lol:

im curious, whats your budget for LFCC if you dont mind me asking? :) im at about 2.5k this year.

i know what you mean about buzz. i dont have the same buzz this year in comparison to when it was stan lee or jeremy renner... but still, line up is good :) im happy even if not buzzing at the same level.

18 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I don't remember Smiffy being so...grumpy.

mwahahahahahahahahahaha... now i reveal my true self :cylon:

Edited by smithy270492
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

im curious, whats your budget for LFCC if you dont mind me asking? :) im at about 2.5k this year.

i know what you mean about budget. i dont have the same buzz this year in comparison to when it was stan lee or jeremy renner... but still, line up is good :) im happy even if not buzzing at the same level.

mwahahahahahahahahahaha... now i reveal my true self :cylon:

Don't think it's quite as huge as yours smithy more like £150 but have already spent a big amount on diamond and gold pass but thats what i will be spending over the weekend there but could increase if and when more guests are announced but obviously not to the level of yours! Who have you got so far?

• Like 1

Just now, GrootsBrother said:

Don't think it's quite as huge as yours smithy more like £150 but have already spent a big amount on diamond and gold pass but thats what i will be spending over the weekend there but could increase if and when more guests are announced but obviously not to the level of yours! Who have you got so far?

im more an auto guy, so rely on my gold pass a lot! to save a long list of names... all marvel, GOT, arrowverse and star wars guests. lol. and will be spending a lot of time with the fantastic comic guests lineup this year! so yh... they will cost me a small fortune!

also going diamond on finn jones and conleth hill. tempted by mike colter but think the diamond is a bit high (sorry SM!).

what diamonds have you gone for? :)

• Like 1