Road closures West London

Anyone else got problems with the ride London road closures, I can't go this year on the Sunday as where I live in Surrey is on lockdown, roads closed from 5am. Real pain as cant drop my dog off at parents as all roads are closed around there too, gutted. Just thought to mention, West London areas effected are below :

05:00-14:30
  • Knightsbridge
  • Brompton Road
  • Cromwell Road
  • Talgarth Road
  • Hammersmith Flyover
  • Great West Road
  • Hogarth Roundabout
  • Burlington Lane / Great Chertsey Road
  • Chiswick Bridge

i allways remember my grumpy grandad getting mad as the council closed roads in his local area for a cycle race on a sunday blocking him in. He just took down the barriers. when an official told him he couldn't he said 'do these people pay road tax for this, no they don't so they just can just @%#* right off and use the park. He was 6 foot 6 and a war veteran who was quite intimidating even in old age. The neighbours cheered him as none of the cyclists were even local.The police just let him drive down the road they didn't want the hassle of dealing with him. not suggesting you do the same of course , just made me laugh remembering him over the same subject. He allways had it in for these high-viz clipboard clowns.

• Like 3

I have only moved the main Topic to this section, that is all. It was in General Chat and I know a lot of attendees don't look there.

The first post (minus Edits that had to be removed according to the Forum rules, but did not contain any Information about road closures) is exactly what the original Poster has given as info.

Ok I got confused. Thanks. However I cant find any information regarding the Hammersmith Flyover being closed other that from the original post. I am trying to figure out how I get into London without using the flyover to get to the Olympia Car park.

Have you tried journey planning on the TFL website. If you set it to the day of the show and to car it will tell you the route and in the details it will say if there are any issues, such as roads being closed.

I'm tired! I was getting that and Google maps muddled up!

haha its making me tired too. It doesn't have any information regarding closure of the Hammersmith flyover but I think that is the only way I can get into London via the M3 or A4. But I will be leaving around 5am to get to the parking at the Olympia.

Any chance the LFCC date can not clash with Ride London 2017 as this seems to be a yearly event now?

There are so many other events on in July these days that it's hard for it not to clash with something.

I understand that but not all events shut access roads like this one?

Any chance the LFCC date can not clash with Ride London 2017 as this seems to be a yearly event now?

There are so many other events on in July these days that it's hard for it not to clash with something.

I understand that but not all events shut access roads like this one?

No, but many of these other events (and I'm talking world wide) will restrict what guests could be available to actually come to LFCC.

Mods: Please delete or edit this if I've said too much.

Edited by Wrong Name

Wish I had know about this before I had booked the tickets and parking.

Can anybody tell me, a I can't follow the map in the link if you can actually get to Olympia by car on the Sunday? The way I normally drive will be closed so I need another route.

Wish I had know about this before I had booked the tickets and parking.

Can anybody tell me, a I can't follow the map in the link if you can actually get to Olympia by car on the Sunday? The way I normally drive will be closed so I need another route.

I'm going to have to drive early the 80 miles to get there before the roads close at 5am

Looks like I'm going underground for all three days. The walk from High street kensington on Friday is going to be interesting for me...

I'm doing the same on Friday, it's annoying but not too difficult. When you exit the station you just turn left and follow the road straight to Olympia which will be on the other side of the road. I'll try and hop on a bus if one is there and apparently Olympia is 3 stops from Kensington High Street Station.

• Like 1