Major improvements for this years LFCC

Like the chill out area idea.

Wonder if there will be any chairs, or will it still be a case of sitting on the floor?

Going by what has been posted I would say that it will be a case of sitting on the floor, hence why it will be carpeted. If anyone needs a chair it will be best to bring your own just in case.

Notified a friend about this thread and he asked about any queue arrangements (in light of what happened at the London Con in February).

I know it's early days but will the queue arrangement be the same as last summer's event?

Notified a friend about this thread and he asked about any queue arrangements (in light of what happened at the London Con in February).

I know it's early days but will the queue arrangement be the same as last summer's event?

Sorry, but I don't quite understand the question. Are you asking about Gold Pass and YALC queues being mixed?

Sorry, but I don't quite understand the question. Are you asking about Gold Pass and YALC queues being mixed?

In February, me and my friend, and a few others arrived at the West entrance at 7am, only to be moved to a hall adjacent to the event where we, and a few others who queued outside that area, waited.

After some time, more people joined the queue and some who were behind us were brought to the front area (we were assured by crew members that myself and the other earlies would be let in first, and I heard one guy saying he joined queue at 7.30, probably believing others who arrived after him were let in first)

For July, will the queue arrangements be the same as last summer (one for gold pass holders, and another for standard entry that went around Olympia towards and around the Kensington station)?

Edited by Sebster118

Gold Pass and standard entry will definitely be separated. YALC entry will be a separate line too, that had been posted.

Where the non-Gold pass queue will be I don't know. If memory serves me correct the main reason for the movement to the hall in spring were the weather conditions. It seemed more sense to offer some shelter to the queue.

yes!!!! this sounds great! as im looking at getting at least 10-15 autos on the Saturday ( I know It wont work that way ) having them all in 1 place is great. thank you Jason and the SM team :)

Gold Pass and standard entry will definitely be separated. YALC entry will be a separate line too, that had been posted.

Where the non-Gold pass queue will be I don't know. If memory serves me correct the main reason for the movement to the hall in spring were the weather conditions. It seemed more sense to offer some shelter to the queue.

Last summer on Sunday the standard (I don't know about the Gold or YALC) queue was inside in a big empty hall.

I thought that worked really well for a few reasons but mostly because it saved the time spent walking to join the end of the really long queue, which was streets away from the venue by 9am opening the previous two days.

Whatever, it sounds like SM have made some space-use improvements for this year which will be great to see.

Thanks.

I remember it was cold on the Saturday that we were moved into somewhere warmer where 3 queues were set up: pre-paid ticket holders, weekend/gold pass ticket holders, and those paying on the door.

There was a gap between te pre-paid and weekend queue and someone (pr su,ably venue security staff) decided to bring up those at the back of the pre-paid queue towards the front to fill that gap.

I remember it led to some confusion (some being in the wrong queue), some pushing and shoving, and a few unhappy folks who had words with some crew members.

I think there was a post about how this arrangement was improved the next day.

Mistakes can be made but they are valuable if we learn from them.

Does the site (be it the forums or main pages) notify users when tickets are close to selling out? If not that may be an idea.

Yes. In most cases there is a topic with that kind of info. But this is not guaranteed as sometimes tickets are sold out within minutes and nobody can warn people

Does the site (be it the forums or main pages) notify users when tickets are close to selling out? If not that may be an idea.

Yes. In most cases there is a topic with that kind of info. But this is not guaranteed as sometimes tickets are sold out within minutes and nobody can warn people

Yeah, it's not an automatic function of Eventbrite so it relies on on of the staff posting about it. If a lot of tickets are sold over a weekend when the office is shut they won't be able to post a warning.

Where will disabled access entrance be, last year I was told it was at the normal entrance, which was queued up a mile and a half and my legs were aching after I got into the convention itself, can we go through the YALC entrance instead if people are disabled like myself?

Where will disabled access entrance be, last year I was told it was at the normal entrance, which was queued up a mile and a half and my legs were aching after I got into the convention itself, can we go through the YALC entrance instead if people are disabled like myself?

Please direct questions like this to extrahelp@showmastersevents.com. The mods have no info about this at the moment, sorry.

SM are trying to give updates whenever that happens, see the Ron Perlman post in this very forum.

I'm not interested in seeing Ron Perlman (no disrespect to him) so I wouldn't have looked there but thanks anyways.

SM are trying to give updates whenever that happens, see the Ron Perlman post in this very forum.

I'm not interested in seeing Ron Perlman (no disrespect to him) so I wouldn't have looked there but thanks anyways.

Well you asked about updates when tickets are close to selling out, and this is the only one we got so far. So I had to use that example. And the title of the topic says "tickets selling fast" besides the name. ;)

Well done Showmasters - good to see you are taking on board comments and are hopefully improving things as the show grows. No doubt will still be pandemonium on each day, which you are never going to avoid, but most likely avoiding the stairwell when pressed for time is brilliant, and increases our chances of getting out alive at the end of the day. Bring on July :thumbup:

• Like 2