london comic con july ticket

I'm intrigued why you would book a hotel but not actually get a ticket...I remember last year when people bought diamond passes but held off buying entry tickets only for them to sell out :lol:

God i remember this even though it said you needed an entry ticket and then people got all annoyed and angry because it sold out.

But booking a hotel room first though is fine because you could cancel it if you book it correctly.

I think the Saturday tickets sold out a month before last year?

Can't remember but even if you are correct you shouldn't use it as a guideline. They could sell out before or after that timeline especially if they do announce a really big guest.

A resale platform wasn't "promised". SM had announced that they were looking into it. That's a difference.

As far as I know the plan isn't dead, but I have no idea if things will work out for this year. If it happens it may very well be only announced when the Show sells out.

SM have said that they are looking into it - I am not sure what you have to hope for then. ;)

I do not know the exact plans, sorry. I don't work in the office, this is nothing I am involved in. I very much doubt it will be straight refunds though. Jason specifically called it resale option. To me that reads that yes, there is more to it than just refunding. If SM were planning to allow refunds on tickets this would have been phrased completely differently.

You couldnt just give refunds out as that could drastically affect the guest payments etc. To get big guests means money has to be taken and sales from booking to get this money. If people decide a few weeks before oh i cant go, oh i dont want to go because there are no guests i like etc, how could sm know who is who. The event say non refundable. You should go off that and book if you dont mind loosing your money. Entry tickets arent even expensive anyway so to lose that wouldnt have a detremental effect anyway. Could be different if the events sells out but sm would likley need to know that the tickets will infact resell.

All of which is fine if you know your going how ever if your like me and don't know yet and you've already bought your ticket and for what ever reason can't go you can at least cancel your hotel room and get your money back where as SM wont refund your money :( Which when you think about it is kinda fair enough to a point and I stress to a point how ever you cant " Resell " your ticket either if they do sell out :(

What I would like to know is where's the resell platform that was promised last year ? When LFCC went to ticket only with no on the door sales ????

I would say strictly speaking that it isn't really Showmasters' problem if you purchase tickets for an event but are unable to go. I lost money the same way in November 2013 when I couldn't attend Collectormania in Milton Keynes because of serious illness, all in all with hotel included, I think I lost about £400 with that and tickets, but it happened and I just had to accept it.

As for the thing of people buying photo-shoot tickets or diamond passes and not buying entry tickets... why would anyone do that?! The priority is the entry tickets, it's no good spending pounds to meet someone and then not buying the tickets to get you in in the first place! The same for hotels, if you can I'd book the hotel and at least the entry tickets at the same time. I remember the queues to go in late on Saturday afternoon a couple of years back and we had done and dusted by that point, I remember thinking I don't envy all those waiting (with no chance) to get in!

All of which is fine if you know your going how ever if your like me and don't know yet and you've already bought your ticket and for what ever reason can't go you can at least cancel your hotel room and get your money back where as SM wont refund your money :( Which when you think about it is kinda fair enough to a point and I stress to a point how ever you cant " Resell " your ticket either if they do sell out :(

What I would like to know is where's the resell platform that was promised last year ? When LFCC went to ticket only with no on the door sales ????

I would say strictly speaking that it isn't really Showmasters' problem if you purchase tickets for an event but are unable to go. I lost money the same way in November 2013 when I couldn't attend Collectormania in Milton Keynes because of serious illness, all in all with hotel included, I think I lost about £400 with that and tickets, but it happened and I just had to accept it.

As for the thing of people buying photo-shoot tickets or diamond passes and not buying entry tickets... why would anyone do that?! The priority is the entry tickets, it's no good spending pounds to meet someone and then not buying the tickets to get you in in the first place! The same for hotels, if you can I'd book the hotel and at least the entry tickets at the same time. I remember the queues to go in late on Saturday afternoon a couple of years back and we had done and dusted by that point, I remember thinking I don't envy all those waiting (with no chance) to get in!

Totally understand this but for me I haven't got all the money at the right time. I start purchasing shoots as and when I've got the money,and normally before I've got entrance ticket. (I do always buy the entrance ticket many months in advance mind you) I'll be attending all days (although Thursday still a maybe) and a £30 shoot is cheaper than the weekend ticket. I booked 4 shoots over a couple of weeks before I booked my weekend ticket this year, And last year come to think about it. Also I try to get batch 1 tickets to make sure I can plan my day better. I know I'm ment to get my shoot as my batch is called but more often than not my shoots clash and at least having batch one allows me to be a little more flexible on the day.

So far, I've only bought the 4-day entry ticket.

Am considering some photoshoots but holding back for financial reasons, as well as schedule times and any future guests I may be interested in.

I did book a hotel before I bought the ticket as I've found one near a tube station some 30-40 minutes away, but did not use the cheaper non-refundable pre-payment option, which is a good thing as I ended up cancelling and rebooking because the rate went down in price over time.