Forum Meet Up - 30th July

PenThePirate

I have no plans for Saturday, so might come and have a look. Just a warning though: I am not the most talkative person, but happy to meet new people.

Same here, I'm probably the most socially awkward sales person you're all likely to meet

I have no plans for Saturday, so might come and have a look. Just a warning though: I am not the most talkative person, but happy to meet new people.

Wallonie ( then I could chat with you in french ) or Vlanderen ( my vlaams is unfortunately not that good ) ;) ?

But you will see it´s easy to get in contact with everyone there , I for myself are also not the most open person in a place with lots of people that I do not know, but here it was easy to chat with everyone

Flanders, but my french is not too bad. :smile:

I'll see, I have a knack of making myself very nervous for nothing.

Yeah I thought Flanders too, your written english is too good , to be from Wallonia :P Ok sorry now I am mean XD

Wallonie ( then I could chat with you in french ) or Vlanderen ( my vlaams is unfortunately not that good ) ;) ?

But you will see it´s easy to get in contact with everyone there , I for myself are also not the most open person in a place with lots of people that I do not know, but here it was easy to chat with everyone

Flanders, but my french is not too bad. :smile:

I'll see, I have a knack of making myself very nervous for nothing.

Yeah I thought Flanders too, your written english is too good , to be from Wallonia :P Ok sorry now I am mean XD

Mean? Cheeky, maybe... ;)

I am open for conversations. Just come and say hello to Anna from Frozen. Hard to miss.

Bumping it up

If "Hello" is all you expect from me, I can do that. :) It's the conversations that are supposed to follow that are the struggle.

I am open for conversations. Just come and say hello to Anna from Frozen. Hard to miss.

Bumping it up

If "Hello" is all you expect from me, I can do that. :) It's the conversations that are supposed to follow that are the struggle.

Even a hello is better than nothing.

We all know that sometimes social situations can be daunting. Speaking to people on the forum is great at breaking the ice, and a lot easier for most as you are at the other end of an internet connection and in front of a screen. Meeting the people you know by online presence alone can be scary.

That's why this meet up was started; to introduce those that speak here, regularly or not, to each other in a safe environment. There is no pressure to get involved. There is no pressure to actually turn up. We are all there to bask in the glory of our fandoms and hopefully meet some likeminded people we can share our experiences with.

I know that I have spoken to a lot more people at the cons since running the first one, and its great to be able to recognise people around the con floor at other SM events (and further afield at times) and find out what others have done with their time.

This is a supportive community, and the last meet up showed that in spades. I hope that this one will be just as successful, and that it becomes a permanent fixture of the con weekend (despite having to find new quiz questions every year!)

• Like 3

Bumping it up

We all know that sometimes social situations can be daunting. Speaking to people on the forum is great at breaking the ice, and a lot easier for most as you are at the other end of an internet connection and in front of a screen. Meeting the people you know by online presence alone can be scary.

That's why this meet up was started; to introduce those that speak here, regularly or not, to each other in a safe environment. There is no pressure to get involved. There is no pressure to actually turn up. We are all there to bask in the glory of our fandoms and hopefully meet some likeminded people we can share our experiences with.

I know that I have spoken to a lot more people at the cons since running the first one, and its great to be able to recognise people around the con floor at other SM events (and further afield at times) and find out what others have done with their time.

This is a supportive community, and the last meet up showed that in spades. I hope that this one will be just as successful, and that it becomes a permanent fixture of the con weekend (despite having to find new quiz questions every year!)

Have you warned the pub that by next year they will have needed to have built an extension?

• Like 1

Bumping it up

Have you warned the pub that by next year they will have needed to have built an extension?

Nope. We only take over the front at the mo, working on having the whole main floor and the downstairs first ;)

Is anything happening on the Thursday before LFCC? Or did I just imagine it.

Yes there is! have just bumped the thread back up on the forum again but general gist, meet at 3pm outside Pizza Express at Olympia or 7pm inside Crown and Sceptre :)

Is anything happening on the Thursday before LFCC? Or did I just imagine it.

Yes there is! have just bumped the thread back up on the forum again but general gist, meet at 3pm outside Pizza Express at Olympia or 7pm inside Crown and Sceptre :)

Thank you :) I heard we are going to Forbidden Planet after Pizza Express...is this still happening?

Edited by rogue_entity

Star Wars round and Intros round... mischief managed :)

I really hope that we won't have questions like last year "what is the Death Star's registration plate number" or something like that :D as I was surprised that people knew that anyway :D

(no offence to anyone)

• Like 1

Star Wars round and Intros round... mischief managed :)

I really hope that we won't have questions like last year "what is the Death Star's registration plate number" or something like that :D as I was surprised that people knew that anyway :D

(no offence to anyone)

Got to make it a bit of a challenge :)