Watch out, closures on the circle and district line

You can get to Earls Court using the Piccadilly line if possible, and then the Kensington Olympia branch of the District line will still be running. Alternatively you can get the Central line to Shepherds Bush and walk over to the Overground station to get the train to Kensington Olympia. A bit difficult, but not impossible!

• Like 2

so could i do kings cross-earls court-kensington olympia? that would be SO much easier than trying to do the route that virgin trains gave me!

Yep that route should work fine!

Always use TFL's journey planner for the central London parts of your journey. I find other train operator websites will only use the main stations and send you on weird routes.

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

• Like 1

Depends where you are starting from. If you can get to Clapham Junction you get the overground from there too.

Yep that works too. I was just assuming a starting point of central London as a lot of people get trains in to Kings Cross, Euston and Paddington.

Download the CityMapper app if you can. It'll give you live departures, lines that are closed and alternate tube lines etc. it's really great. I live by it!!

I'll be changing from Central line to Overground at Shepherds Bush to Kensington Olympia. Only 25mins to get there from Euston then :)

BALLS! cant do kings cross-earls court-kensington olympia ballsy ballsy balls!

This is possible on Saturday and Sundays only as the District line between earls court and Olympia is closed during the week

On the friday you could do kings cross to earls court then walk from earls court to olympia, this walk is about 20 mins

Otherwise you could do kings cross to holborn on the picadiliy line, holborn to shepards bush, walk to the overground (5 mins), overground to olympia

Or get the picadily line to earls court. District line to west brompton, then overground from west brompton to olympia

Edited by welcome_earthling
  • Like 2

i'm coming from victoria

Does your train call at Clapham Junction? If so get the overground from there to Kensington Olympia :) it's the route I use every year because I'm travelling along the Southampton/Portsmouth line from Brighton to Victoria and it's very quick and easy to change at Clapham.

i'm coming from Victoria

Via Tube or by Train ?

Sorry that was a silly question why would you go to Victoria by tube lol

Via train is really easy just get off at Clapham Junction and get a Over Ground train to Kensington Olympia then its only a hop, skip and jump to the venue :dance:

Clapham Junction is the station before Victoria if your traveling from down south your train should stop there as most do how ever if by some bizarre reason your train doesn't stop at Clapham Junction go to Victoria and catch any train to Clapham Junction and then do the above :smile: . Trains to Clapham are pretty frequent so you shouldn't have to wait for longer than say 10 mins but make sure you get a Direct train to Clapham that way it wont take any longer than 10 mins.

If you've never been to Clapham Junction before Don't Panic just head for a exit and you will find signs telling you what platform you need for Kensington Olympia. I wish I could remember which platform you and I need as I'm doing this trip to.

Where about's are you coming from ? If your traveling on early Sat Morning we might be on the same train lol If you need any more help etc check out my profile my email addy is there and drop me a email :smile:

If you're coming on the same line that I use (Brighton/south coast line) you get off at platform 12 or 13 normally and then I beleive the overground is platform 1 or 2. It's normally signposted or check th network rail journey planner and it'll come up on there! Hope this helps! :smile:
  • Like 1

Depends where you are starting from. If you can get to Clapham Junction you get the overground from there too.

Yep that works too. I was just assuming a starting point of central London as a lot of people get trains in to Kings Cross, Euston and Paddington.

Or Waterloo ;)

When I check the TFL journey planner for this Friday it shows a 'replacement' bus running every 8 mins between Earls Court & Kensington (Olympia), and which looks like it's departing from outside the Exit that leads to the old Earls Court venue. I'm assuming this is because of LFCC & that the District Line to Kensington (Olympia) only runs on Saturday & Sunday.

If you do want to walk to Olympia from the Underground, Baron's Court is closer than Earl's Court, about a 10 min walk from it.

Edited by Magpie Electricals