Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

I know that diamond pass holders get first call for diamond guests,but can golds still go to earlier batches than on their shoot ticket? I am Christopher Lloyd batch 5(which would probably fall in to shoot number 2 )but can I as a gold holder join shoot 1? Thanks

It might be best to make sure all the crew handing out VT's know that. There have been numerous times that I've gone to get a VT for myself and my brother as he was in the sales queue, and been refused a second ticket (despite the fact no one else was there collecting VT's for the respective guest. I tried to explain to the crew members and was told strictly that 1 person cannot take more than 1 VT AT ALL.

I know what you've said above is true (which is why I tried to explain to the crew members) but like I say, SM might want to make sure this is reiterated to the crew members

I dont understsnd what your point is, it says above that you can only get one VT for one guest at a times, you cant get extras for yourself or others, but what you are saying seems to be the opposite of this? it sounds like to me that the crew that refused you extra tickets were correct and you were wrong?

My point was that (for example) I picked up a ticket for Norman Reedus, there was no one else picking up tickets for him at the time, so I should have been allowed a second VT for my brother, but I wasn't. I've had problems with this in the past. As QS said, it's being addressed.
I think QS misunderstood, what you've described is not allowed and the crew member was right.

What I meant was being address was that you can only get 1 VQ ticket at all. That is not correct. Sorry, I thought that was the problem that was being referred to. 1 VQ ticket each only for Bill, Sigourney and RDA at the same time would be okay. 2 for Bill won't be okay as already posted.

Can I get carrie henn's autograph and photoshoot on Friday with my sigourney weaver pass ?

Autograph - yes. I am checking on the photoshoot again as my list only says "A" which would mean autograph.

okay thanks, I'll have to ask at the sales desk, I'm trying to spread out the guests I want to meet over the 3 days and it would help if I could get her autograph and photo on the friday

Can I get carrie henn's autograph and photoshoot on Friday with my sigourney weaver pass ?

Autograph - yes. I am checking on the photoshoot again as my list only says "A" which would mean autograph.

okay thanks, I'll have to ask at the sales desk, I'm trying to spread out the guests I want to meet over the 3 days and it would help if I could get her autograph and photo on the friday

I've already asked about photoshoots, wait for that reply first before thinking about the sales desk. :lol:

• Like 1

Diamond Passes

Included photo shoots: You'll be called first, in pass number order.

Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver & Bill Paxton These guests have photo shoots on Saturday and Sunday, Batch 1 will be called on Saturday and Batch 2 will be called on Sunday. If you cant make the day assigned to you, please talk to the crew and they will look at moving your day.

Other photo shoots with the guest you have a Diamond pass for: You'll require a ticket for the photo shoot. You'll be called first in pass number order.

Included autographs: You can join the queue anytime it is open. When queues first open we may need to call Diamond passes in pass number order to stop the queue getting too long.

Michael J Fox Will be called in pass number order. This will mean that Batch 1 will be called on Friday and then again on Saturday. Batch 2 will be called on Saturday and then again on Sunday. If you cant make the day assigned to you, please talk to the crew and they will look at moving your day.

Included talks: You'll be called first in to the hall in pass number order.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for once again arranging such an amazing event - the last two summer LFCCs have been very special but I think this year's LFCC may be the best yet!

As a long-standing customer that buys many autographs and photoshoots at each event that I attend, I do have a bit of feedback regarding how the priority is determined for Diamond Pass guests that I hope you will consider.

1.) The current prioritisation process means that having a Gold Pass has no impact on your priority. As £225 is not a small amount of money, and if there is going to be a move to more Diamond Guests at future events, I would encourage that you revisit this and offer priority to those with a Diamond Pass AND a Gold Pass over those with only a Diamond Pass for both autographs and photoshoots other things being equal.

2.) More generally, for each activity, I think priority should be determined more by what other activities a Diamond Pass needs to do in that time and then who are going to be the most busy at the event rather than the order in which they purchased a Diamond Pass. In particular:

- One of the main benefits of a Diamond Pass is having a good seat at the included talk. So, where a talk included in one Diamond Pass overlaps with an autograph or photoshoot session for another Diamond Pass, I would encourage you prioritise those with both Diamond Passes at the autograph / photoshoot session.

- Even where there are no clashes, I would encourage you to offer the most flexibly to those who are going to be the most busy at the event. I think this is particularly important where Diamond Pass guests only have a short time window for autographs or photoshoots.

As an example of this, let's take the Michael J Fox Diamond Pass. He has an autograph session on Friday afternoon. It is highly unlikely that there will be many people - if any - that have bought his Diamond Pass and are attending purely on the Friday. So, it would make sense to me to put those though on the Friday afternoon who are going to the busiest on Saturday and Sunday, and those with other Diamond Passes that have important classes (e.g. those with a Sigourney Weaver Diamond Pass, since the Aliens Talk and Michael's Saturday autograph session significantly overlap).

I would suggest that a practical way to prioritise would be the number of Diamond Passes that an attendee has and if they have a Gold Pass. So, in the unlikely event that they have six Diamond passes and a Gold Pass , they would go through first; and so on.

I realise that it may be too late to make any changes for this year, but please can you think about this for next year.

Thank you.

Some of this I didn't feel was clear on the main website when purchasing certain tickets or photoshoots.

When buying the Gold pass I don't remember seeing anything saying that with any Diamond guests you would have to take a virtual queue ticket - was the information surrounding the Gold Passes altered at a later date as we purchased ours very early on). Half the reason I got the gold pass was to be able to avoid the VQ. So essentially we pay extra for the Gold Pass but with Diamond pass guests our Gold holds the same value as a £20 entry ticket?? Not sure about the logic there.

Also there was nothing when I purchased my photo shoots with Diamond Pass guests that these are not guaranteed. So my loader with Sigourney, the two shoots with Christopher Lloyd and my one with Bill Paxton are only going to be honoured if there's time after the Diamond Passes get through?

Whilst I fully understood the reason for the Diamond Passes (and with MJ Fox it was clear from the beginning some of this was only going to be available through Diamond Pass) but I don't recall that it was likely only Diamond Pass holders will get time with Sigourney when she was first announced. And Bill Paxton's still doesn't.

So if I have to get a Diamond Pass for Sigourney then can I get a refund on the photo shoots I've already paid for?? Especially seeing as they're not guaranteed!!

Edited by namesy

Some of this I didn't feel was clear on the main website when purchasing certain tickets or photoshoots.

When buying the Gold pass I don't remember seeing anything saying that with any Diamond guests you would have to take a virtual queue ticket - was the information surrounding the Gold Passes altered at a later date as we purchased ours very early on). Half the reason I got the gold pass was to be able to avoid the VQ. So essentially we pay extra for the Gold Pass but with Diamond pass guests our Gold holds the same value as a £20 entry ticket?? Not sure about the logic there.

Also there was nothing when I purchased my photo shoots with Diamond Pass guests that these are not guaranteed. So my loader with Sigourney, the two shoots with Christopher Lloyd and my one with Bill Paxton are only going to be honoured if there's time after the Diamond Passes get through?

Whilst I fully understood the reason for the Diamond Passes (and with MJ Fox it was clear from the beginning some of this was only going to be available through Diamond Pass) but I don't recall that it was likely only Diamond Pass holders will get time with Sigourney when she was first announced. And Bill Paxton's still doesn't.

So if I have to get a Diamond Pass for Sigourney then can I get a refund on the photo shoots I've already paid for?? Especially seeing as they're not guaranteed!!

The relationship between Diamond and Gold passes was clarified in the first post of this thread.

If you have bought a photoshoot ticket and are at the photo area at the right time for that guest, you will get your photo. It is the autographs that are not guaranteed.

SM have always said that with Diamond guests, the only way to guarantee autos etc. is to buy the Diamond pass.

You can upgrade to the Diamond pass. Email the shop and they will help.

- One of the main benefits of a Diamond Pass is having a good seat at the included talk. So, where a talk included in one Diamond Pass overlaps with an autograph or photoshoot session for another Diamond Pass, I would encourage you prioritise those with both Diamond Passes at the autograph / photoshoot session.

- Even where there are no clashes, I would encourage you to offer the most flexibly to those who are going to be the most busy at the event. I think this is particularly important where Diamond Pass guests only have a short time window for autographs or photoshoots.

As an example of this, let's take the Michael J Fox Diamond Pass. He has an autograph session on Friday afternoon. It is highly unlikely that there will be many people - if any - that have bought his Diamond Pass and are attending purely on the Friday. So, it would make sense to me to put those though on the Friday afternoon who are going to the busiest on Saturday and Sunday, and those with other Diamond Passes that have important classes (e.g. those with a Sigourney Weaver Diamond Pass, since the Aliens Talk and Michael's Saturday autograph session significantly overlap).

The first point is already in effect as the shows. Should you have a photoshoot and talk at the same time if you go to the pitboss (red shirt) of the photo area and explain the clash they will do their best to fit you in the front of the queue of the photoshoot so you can get to the talk. However I must sress to people reading this and thinking , 'oh I'll just tell everyone I have a clash and will get to the front of every queue', you are wrong. You will be asked to show pass/tickets for both events.

As for the second point it relates to the first in a way. Should you have a high pass number but turn up on the Friday, as long as the queue is low enough you will be able to get in but also as above if you make the pitboss aware of the likely clash that may happen in a few days they will try to get people into the queue.

However sometimes it does not always work as smoothly as we all want and there will be overlaps and clashes that cannot be solved, flexability is what will be done as and were it can.

I don't get why people have an issue of priority with diamond pass. Diamond pass holders are paying twice the amount to get acces to one guest, so they should be first in line. That's what they are paying the extra for! Gold pass holders get priority over every single other guest, not sure what the issue is.

It's a priority that is fair - for the cost being paid!

• Like 1

I don't get why people have an issue of priority with diamond pass. Diamond pass holders are paying twice the amount to get acces to one guest, so they should be first in line. That's what they are paying the extra for! Gold pass holders get priority over every single other guest, not sure what the issue is.

Indeed a very vaild point.

I believe reading this thread that most Gold Pass holders were upset at requiring a VQ ticket for Diamond guests and because of this they believed it was devaluing the Gold Pass.

However I think some missed the point of the VQ tickets for Diamond guests. Should the normal system remain in place that they can join the back of any autograph queue without a VQ ticket and this was including the Diamond guests then we would have a major problem. Once the Diamond Pass holders have gone through and the queue would be opened up then regular attendess would be able to join the queue with their virtual queue tickets and Gold Passes would be joining the back of the queue as normal and so could be behind regular attendess. By having Gold Passes getting VQ tickets it ensures their priority over regular ticket holders.

This means all Diamond and Gold guests each have high priorities that is fair for each ticket.

Edited by welcome_earthling

If you insist on starting the discussion again, sure...

No gold pass holder here is having an issue with priority for diamond pass holders. The discussion was about needing VQ tickets or not for autographs. VQ tickets , by the way, do NOT give priority, they only allow you to join the queue. Same for other guests, gold pass holders do NOT get priority at other guests either, just don't need to use a VQ ticket.

The complete sillyness is that gold pass holders require a VQ ticket for diamond pass holders and it is silly because gold pass holders are allowed into the venue before anyone else, thus garantueeing a low VQ ticket number, thus making it completely unneeded in my view to require them to run for a VQ ticket. It's time wasted for gold pass holders and gold pass holders buy a gold pass for one reason and one reason only: a relaxed and easy way to enjoy the convention, thus not to be bothered by races for VQ tickets.

So no, diamond guests can and should have their priority queueing for their well deserved auto's, but making Gold pass holders, who also paid a hefty price for their passes mind you, run for VQ tickets for whatever timeslots left after the diamond pass holders got their auto's, while they are allowed in first anyway, is the issue I have.

Issue is closed as far as I'm concernced though, as Jason has made his point very clear, so I've decided to agree to disagree with him on this subject and let it rest.

• Like 1

Indeed a very vaild point.

I believe reading this thread that most Gold Pass holders were upset at requiring a VQ ticket for Diamond guests and because of this they believed it was devaluing the Gold Pass.

However I think some missed the point of the VQ tickets for Diamond guests. Should the normal system remain in place that they can join the back of any autograph queue without a VQ ticket and this was including the Diamond guests then we would have a major problem. Once the Diamond Pass holders have gone through and the queue would be opened up then regular attendess would be able to join the queue with their virtual queue tickets and Gold Passes would be joining the back of the queue as normal and so could be behind regular attendess. By having Gold Passes getting VQ tickets it ensures their priority over regular ticket holders.

This means all Diamond and Gold guests each have high priorities that is fair for each ticket.

Gold pass holders with a VQ ticket will still end up behind regular attendees with a VQ ticket. Gold passes do not give priority in the autograph queue, so I don't see what the major problem would be. Nothing changes by allowing golds to skip the unneeded race for VQ tickets.

Question... I've not received my MJF diamond pass and I haven't received a reply when emailing the shop. I appreciate they are busy but it would be nice to know if my pass was ever sent or not. Am I going to have issues when I look to then collect it on Friday if it has been sent and presumably lost in the post?

Thanks

JB

I've seen QS post all passes have been mailed out, except for the ones ordered too late to be shipped, so if you're in that last bunch, you can pick up your pass at the event. If they did mail it out but got lost in the mail, take all your paperwork with you and go to the diamond pass desk they'll have at the venue and discuss it. Again according to a post I saw of QS they do issue replacement passes for any that were lost in the mail.

Question... I've not received my MJF diamond pass and I haven't received a reply when emailing the shop. I appreciate they are busy but it would be nice to know if my pass was ever sent or not. Am I going to have issues when I look to then collect it on Friday if it has been sent and presumably lost in the post?

Thanks

JB

What vhiper said. There should have been an e-mail going out, but looks like some providers didn't cooperate.

I knew there was one place where I didn't post. >< Autographs for Carrie with Sigourney pass all days, photos batch 1 Saturday, batch 2 Sunday.

Thanks for the replies. I purchased at the start of the 2nd batch back in April. My Sigourney diamond pass arrived via signed for service without any problems. Would be nice to have a response from the shop though!

I agree and that's what the 2000 other people who have e-mailed in think too. ;) Sorry, I didn't think it would be possible, but the store address is even more swamped than before. There's been a new wave of buying over the weekend and it seems like 3/4 forgot to add the validation fee. Sending half a dozen e-mails over the weekend begging for the validation e-mail is complicating matters a lot.

I knew there was one place where I didn't post. >< Autographs for Carrie with Sigourney pass all days, photos batch 1 Saturday, batch 2 Sunday.

So I can't have carrie henn photoshoot Friday ? Pity it would have been better to get photoshoot done on a quieter day

Thanks for the replies. I purchased at the start of the 2nd batch back in April. My Sigourney diamond pass arrived via signed for service without any problems. Would be nice to have a response from the shop though!

I agree and that's what the 2000 other people who have e-mailed in think too. ;) Sorry, I didn't think it would be possible, but the store address is even more swamped than before. There's been a new wave of buying over the weekend and it seems like 3/4 forgot to add the validation fee. Sending half a dozen e-mails over the weekend begging for the validation e-mail is complicating matters a lot.