LFCC 2015 will be celebrating 35 years of The Empire Strikes Back

In fairness the guests don't set the autograph prices. The organisers pay the guest a fee for attending and then work out what to charge for autographs etc to make a profit. And given that a lot of the bigger Star Wars guests come from overseas the fee will be higher due to accommodations and air fares, therefore raising the autograph prices

• Like 1

• Moderators

I no hopefully prices will be a little bit lower this year so fans can get hopefully all there autographs fingers crossed especially if it wasn't for us fans star wars wouldn't have been as big as it is

I wouldn't hold your breath sadly I can't see the prices of these big name Star Wars guests dropping any lower than they are

Shame though hopefully not to much

Well when I first met Carrie at the LFCC in what was it - 2006? I think she was £25. Last year she was at least in the country anyway, so that probably helped keep the price lower than it would have been other wise.

She and Mark seem more willing to do events these days as well.

Of course with Episode 7, anyone who'd collected posters for the past 30 years and was finished (for want of a better word) with Carrie, now has to take up the habbit again. With it being shot here, I expect they've made enquires with several actors already. Star Wars will be at LFCC as long as there is a LFCC.

• 4 months later...

What do you all think about The Empire Strikes Back Theme at LFCC this year. There's no question Showmasters have surpassed themselves in being able to sign up some really cool rare guests and there are also some first time signers which is great. Can't help but feel slightly disappointed though as there are no BIG names attending up to now. Billy Dee Williams would be cool considering the theme at LFCC this year but I guess he is attending Sheffield and Glasgow though. Wonder if he will be announced late? Thought there might have been some prop photo shoots too, though I guess there is still time for an announcement. Maybe a Degaboh mock set etc.

Overall I guess I'm happy due to the sheer amount of Star Wars guests attending. Loads of signatures for my poster, yeahh!!

• Like 2

I have to agree with Last17, there are loads of Star Wars guests which is fantastic but would love to off seen Peter Mayhew attend this year after pulling out of last years show, would also love to see Ian Mcdiamid attend again as missed him last year and of course Mark Hamill would be epic.

I met Billy Dee Williams last year but have started getting my ROTJ poster signed so would love to add him to that along with other people.

Even though we are close to the event now there is still time for a few more announcements, if show asters can make it happen I'm sure they will so I am keeping everything crossed for someone to be announced.

They announced Carrie Fisher very late last year. I can't remember exactly, but it was around 2 weeks before the event? I'm not saying she'll be here this time, but even with two weeks to go, there could still be a few well known names to be announced.

• Like 2

I was hoping that the TESB announcements wouldn't just be limited to guests but maybe props and special greenscreen photos etc. But Showmasters have been more BTTF heavy instead. Besides the regulars, the Empire guests are very minor and I don't think the TESB Anniversary announcement is justified at all.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

In fairness the guests don't set the autograph prices. The organisers pay the guest a fee for attending and then work out what to charge for autographs etc to make a profit. And given that a lot of the bigger Star Wars guests come from overseas the fee will be higher due to accommodations and air fares, therefore raising the autograph prices

I am sorry your info is a little wrong here sorry.

some guests are a "buy out" where we pay a fee and hope to recoup the cost of the fee through photo ops and autographs, we do have a say in the prices with these guests , then with other guests there is a guarantee of income this we have less say on but we do try hard to keep the prices down and fare , if you look at our prices compared to what most guests charge in the US you will see we are around 30% to 50% less that the prices are out there and some of the Photoshoots costs are even more than that over in the US also.

one last thing to remember it cost a lot of money for upper class flights etc so guest that attend a UK show cost a lot more than getting them to a US show and our prices are still cheeper so i do think we do a good job for you all.

We work hard for you all to bring amazing guests and keep them at a decent price that is fare.

just thought i would point that out .

not long now :-)

jason

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I would say that as the whole team are now in London finishing up set up for the show tomorrow that there will be nothing further added to this aspect of the show I'm afraid, unless Jason and the team have a very last minute surprise

Edited by StuartG2198