ANSWERS to FAQs

I was under the impression Showmasters posted warnings when tickets were close to selling out.

Good to know for future reference they no longer do that!

We have always made a point in emphasizing that the goal is for warnings to be posted. However, they are never guaranteed. With the Hayley and Leslie announcements late last night it looks like there was an unexpected sudden spike in ticket sales which was that big that there was no time for the warning.

A quick question about photoshoots. Are you allowed to request your photo taken width ways instead of full length because I have been looking at the previous photos taken with stars at your photo shelter page and some are full length and others are only from the waist up which is what i would prefer?

thanks

Yes, that is possible. Best tell the crew who's standing at the end of the line, they know how to quickly signal the photographer. If that doesn't work you can ask the photographer directly.

Hey first timer here, I've got entry tickets for Sunday and if I wanted to can buy a photoshoot with guests like Zach Galligan and Frances Lee McCain on the day? How busy are they expected to be?

Any shoots that are not sold out will be sold on the day. That's covered in the FAQ posts. ;) The ticket sales are expected to be extremely busy. I would strongly recommend to prebuy.

Hi I was wondering if we I pay for say mj fox and Christopher loydd would I be able to have them together in the same photo sorry if someone has asked this b4

The photoshoots on sale are for that guest only. If there are any double shoots, then they will be put on sale separately nearer the show. Although Showmasters have said that all photoshoots for MJF have been put on sale and there won't be any more. So as a simple answer to your question, no.

Edited by Wrong Name

Hi I was wondering if we I pay for say mj fox and Christopher loydd would I be able to have them together in the same photo sorry if someone has asked this b4

You paid for single photos. So NO. If dual or group shots are annoucned tickets are specifically sold that way. You can't just buy single tickets and group the guests the way you want.

Thanks, what time would you recommend I make it for on Sunday, do those already with a ticket basically go in straight away?, I saw a YouTube video from last year and the line was huge, was that people without a ticket only??

Hi all! I've checked the FAQ's up at the top, Its my first time coming to this comic con, I've bought a photoshoot for Sunday (batch 1), I've seen that you need to get VQ for the autograph line but do you need to get one for a photoshoot line as well? Just double checking. :smile:

Thanks, what time would you recommend I make it for on Sunday, do those already with a ticket basically go in straight away?, I saw a YouTube video from last year and the line was huge, was that people without a ticket only??

It is a large show with many attendees. Depending on when you arrive yes, there will be a line to get in. That line will move fast, but going in straight away is really unlikely to happen unless you walk up at some point in the afternoon.

Hi all! I've checked the FAQ's up at the top, Its my first time coming to this comic con, I've bought a photoshoot for Sunday (batch 1), I've seen that you need to get VQ for the autograph line but do you need to get one for a photoshoot line as well? Just double checking. :smile:

Your photoshoot ticket is numberd, batch 1. The batch number is kind of your VQ ticket for the photo line.

That really depends on how much you have to do and who you want to see. The more you have to do and the bigger/more the guest you want to see the earlier you should aim to be there ideally. Those with a pre bought ticket will be lining up for entry before the doors open and you will need to join the back of the queue. Once the doors open the queue will filter through the doors in an orderly fashion.

Last year was awful for many people myself included but new systems have been put in place to prevent it happening again. There will be queues but hopefully we will all get inside fairly quickly when it opens and it shouldn't be like that again.

OK, I've read the relevant section of the FAQs and can't see it, so forgive me if I've being ultra-thick, but do I still need to get a VQT for certain Diamond Pass guests if I have a Gold Pass? Or should I just play it safe and get VQTs for all of them?

That's not in the FAQ because we can't really answer it, but it's been posted all over the forum. :lol:

Confirmation from SM on how exactly queueing for Diamond Pass is going to work has been requested, and should be posted hopefully soon.

• Like 1

Well this is an odd one.. just purchased a ticket for Hayley Atwell on Sunday batch 3, added the E-Ticket validation as usual (have ordered twice before). Got the confirmation and it shows that I have accepted the E-validation, but on my bank it is just showing as the £20 ticket, not the £22.50 it should be? Anyone else experienced that?

• Moderators

Well this is an odd one.. just purchased a ticket for Hayley Atwell on Sunday batch 3, added the E-Ticket validation as usual (have ordered twice before). Got the confirmation and it shows that I have accepted the E-validation, but on my bank it is just showing as the £20 ticket, not the £22.50 it should be? Anyone else experienced that?

It may be that when you clicked the big 'link' box to add the validation it didn't actually go through. You'll get an email soon (days not hours!) to fix it.

It says 'I agree that I have added E-Ticket validation to my order by clicking the button on the left.' 'Accepted'?

Like all my other purchases do

When checking out in Eventbrite there are 2 tick boxes you must click and a third large box on the left

LRhTsDE.jpg

If you only click the 2 tick boxes and not the big box then your email will say you accepted, but you haven't actually added the validation fee.

I know your FAQ is well written, but the Talks still aren't totally clear for me.

Could each talk just be labelled Free(F), Gold (G), Diamond (D), Paid (P) or whatever so it's clear what type of pass gets you in?

For instance, the Neve Campbell and RDA talks are said to be included with the gold pass, but what about the Bill Paxton one which if purchased, is the same price. Is he excluded because you can buy a diamond pass?

Thanks.