Possibly going alone :o Anyone else braving it for the cause?

I went for the first time last July by myself just because i seen on some website george a romero was attending and me being a huge horror fan it was a must for me, mind you that this was my first time flying on my own and it was a last minute thing because i never even heard of lfcc before so it was all pretty strange plus never been to london haven't even been to a con before so i was abit clueless on how things worked but got to meet george and he was a legend so cool then tried my luck with stan lee it was a success then met tyler mane and he was awesome, so yeah i had a blast and will remember that for the rest of my life :) the things fans do for there heros ;) but this time round i am dragging my gf with me and make a weekend out of it plus we have friends that live in london now so we decided to make it a tradition for every july :)

• Like 5

Thanks for the replies everyone.... Many valid points.... and agree that with the exception of the rare 'Elitist' everyone is usually so friendly and happy!

I really can't wait for this year I have truely missed it! Without going into detail there have been many personal reasons as to why I haven't been but now those 'reasons' no longer have control over me it's time to get back in the swing.... My friend has since ordered his tickets so we'll be going together but splitting up to head to our photoshoots....

I have a costume in mind if I can turn my hand to making it in time :P - again as i'm no longer constrained i'm also re-launching my movie props and replica's business later this year!

Hope to come accross you guys so I can say hello!!

• Like 1

I'm going to be around the Harry Potter stuff; the guest, talks and photo shoots. If you see someone looking ill with a walking stick that will most likely be me

Confused myself here; the above statement is about Cardiff - as for London I do have a friend coming now for Friday and Saturday and then Sunday I'm by myself. So much to do at London; I doubt I'll have time to even sit down

Edited by Kymley

I've gone to the past couple of cons by myself because I've found that having people with you causes so much hassle trying to arrange a meeting point for when you have ops/talks/signings like it's quite stressfull. So I enjoy it more when i'm by myself.

• Like 1

Not sure if I can come yet, I live in Scotland so wouldn't like to do all that travelling on my own, so unfortunately whether I can go or not really depends on if my friends want to go.

Maybe in a few years after I've been a few times I would consider it, (I've only been to LFCC once before), but I'd really need to know my way around London and Cons in general before I felt comfortable with it.

Just booked my hotel and bus down from Glasgow so will be going myself. A bit nervous about travelling down to London myself for the first time but the bus station, my hotel and the venue all lie on the same tube line so I'm hoping it won't be too complicated.

Can't wait for it though. Booked photoshoots with Christopher Lloyd, Jonathon Frakes and Charles Dance so far with many more to come. It's going to be a great weekend I think. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just booked my hotel and bus down from Glasgow so will be going myself. A bit nervous about travelling down to London myself for the first time but the bus station, my hotel and the venue all lie on the same tube line so I'm hoping it won't be too complicated.

Can't wait for it though. Booked photoshoots with Christopher Lloyd, Jonathon Frakes and Charles Dance so far with many more to come. It's going to be a great weekend I think. :thumbup:

Ill be getting the bus from Glasgow too but ill wait for the Megabus ones. Being nervous is ok.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I normally go with friends, as its a yearly tradition, but once we are on the con floor we all have different things to do/guests to see etc. so most of the time it feels like you're on your own anyway! We usually arrange to meet up later on in the day if we have gaps, or at a pub after to share photos and whatnot.

I did go to the Friday of last years LFCC and to WLFCC on my own, and it wasn't terrible at all. As others have said, it was nice to be able to wander around at my own pace, not have to worry about leaving people behind to go and stand in queues, and leave when I decided I wanted to.

Im always at the Summer show alone, i usually only attend the winter london show with my sister, but yes i always brave the summer one alone, i quite enjoy it too, doesnt bother me, i can stroll around at my own pace, rush around if i need to without loosing anyone and if i get done and wanna go i can.

I'll be travelling down from Edinburgh, most likely alone.
Thinking of making a week of it, never really seen London. I get the feeling if I go to Camden I'll won't come home again!

But yeah, this is my second 'Con' and the prospect of going around London alone I'll be honest, is terrifying - but the cause is strong!

Looking forward to meeting multiple heroes :D

• Like 2

Thinking of making a week of it, never really seen London. I get the feeling if I go to Camden I'll won't come home again!

But yeah, this is my second 'Con' and the prospect of going around London alone I'll be honest, is terrifying - but the cause is strong!

The main things to remember and the most important are: On the tube, stand on the right of the escalators if you aren't walking down, don't stop in the entrance way on the platform once getting down to it, if you need a moment to gather yourself, move to the side and out of the way. You get 2 tries at the ticket gates, if it doesn't work after 2 tries move aside and find a staff member!

Seriously though, there is lots to do and see in London and it's well worth it, especially when the sun is shining. I'd recommend seeing the Tower of London and the jewels.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Welll being from posh Edinburgh, the big NO voting city i'm sure you can afford it lol. But here in working class YES voting Glasgow, it'll be a one day thing for me.

Those are rules about London and also remember, keep your purse safe.

Whoever smelt it dealt it.

When in doubt just mimic the local accent.

There are no square sausages for sale.

What else do you need to learn when you go to England?

• Like 1

Welll being from posh Edinburgh, the big NO voting city i'm sure you can afford it lol. But here in working class YES voting Glasgow, it'll be a one day thing for me.

Those are rules about London and also remember, keep your purse safe.

Whoever smelt it dealt it.

When in doubt just mimic the local accent.

There are no square sausages for sale.

What else do you need to learn when you go to England?

Haha, Thank you.

My YES supporting working class self is disappointed about the sausages, but I'm sure I'll survive.

*googles cockney slang.