Nearest train station to the event?

Hi,

If you look at the venue's website, it'll give you an idea of which tube/train stations are around. From there, using a tube map, you'll be able to determine the best route for you.

http://www.olympia.co.uk/visiting/getting-here/train-tube

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/standard-tube-map.pdf

Hope these help a little

• 7 months later...

Its gonna take me an hour from Cockfosters to Olympia so all good. How far is the tube station at plympia to the entrance? assume a few mins walk?

It depends on what entrance they use but Olympia is literally right next to the station. Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

I've posted over in one of the other threads but with the track works and that part of District/Circle line being closed for the weekend it occurred to check the part that runs between Earls Court and Olympia and that will be running on Saturday and Sunday but there's a bus service on the Friday.

Does anyone know which entrance we should go to when we get to Olympia?

It should be clear once the floor plan has been released but it's an all in one building (unlike Earls Court was) so will be pretty clear anyway. :dance:

Edited by Knitty Fred

I have to ask, Ive been to London many times but never really took the busses when being in a hurry. Is it safe to take the bus ? Timewise I mean in the morning around 7-9 am or is the traffic usually a mess, Will the bus be on time?

I have to ask, Ive been to London many times but never really took the busses when being in a hurry. Is it safe to take the bus ? Timewise I mean in the morning around 7-9 am or is the traffic usually a mess, Will the bus be on time?

That's incredibly difficult to answer. I have used buses in central London before and they are ok until they aren't, however I don't have any particularly local knowledge so don't know if there are road works or diversions in place. When I have been at Olympia before I don't recall noting that the traffic was particularly heavy but it's London! With the buses at least you have the option that if the traffic is slow moving you can get off and walk so I'd recommend having the route printed in case you do decide to get off.

i am alright on saturday as i am staying in london but on sunday after the con i have to get to london victoria coach station and i see both the circle and district line are closed does any recommend a alternate route to get there.

The TFL journey planner lets you know the best routes and takes into account whch lines are closed. https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

For Victoria the best route is to get the District line from Kengsington Olympia to Earls Court, the Piccadilly line to Green Park and then the Victoria line down to Victoria.

• Like 1