Next Month - So soon!

Very poor lineup in your opinion. Others are happy with the guest announcements made so far and theres plenty time to add more!

hopefully But cant see that happen.so will just need to keep my dosh for lfccw or cm22

Very poor lineup this year. only one guest for me and that is Kristanna Loken.so hopefully some more guests V or Horror.

I do agree it's not the best line up and I feel we are getting ignored :(

But I'm still excited, first Showmasters event!

Who's everyone going with?

I'm going with a friend and my mum ^_^

• Like 1

i've got photo ops bought for finn jones, kristian nairn, julian glover, sylvester mccoy, bonnie langford and chris rankin. :)

i'm personally really happy with the line up as i wanted to meet chris rankin and finn jones for ages. i'm not all that into horror and more into Dr Who, GOT, HP etc so it's good for me so far :clap: secretly hoping for Jerome Flynn still ;)

haha, so far i've managed to spread my 6 ops as 3 on each day so its nice and spread out (or at least, i'm hopefully not going to be at photo ops all day one day).

is the schedule normally released before the event? and what does it look like? i like to highlight things in preparation. :D

Finances dictated that i only go to one show this year and although LFCC is crammed with great guests this year (a BSG reunion of sorts, Stargate guests and Larry Gilliard from The Wire), im not too upset to miss it cos i think Glasgow has real promise this year.

Okay it might be a little light on guests but i guess its where u know them from and if it suits each individual person, which for me it does this year.

Personally, im a big fan of A-Team and Battlestar - Dirk Benedict CHECK

I loved Painkiller Jane and of course T3 - Kristanna Loken CHECK

and also the Indiana Jones connection this time around too with Paul and Julian so im sorted.

Im sorry not every ones gonna dig the smaller conventions but for me Glasgow consistently hits the mark so ill be there.

Havent had a bad one yet...

:)

• Like 1

Got quite a few guests of interest at this one for me being a Who fan with Russell, Glover, Langford, Franklin, Starkey, Aldred and McCoy. Also going for Loken, Freeman, Benedict and Jones. I'm still hoping for other guests before the event as the last few announced haven't been of interest to me.

Edited by Grant Wheelwright
  • Like 1

I will be going with my mum,sister and nephew :smile: Iam hoping once LFCC is held we will get some more guests annouced iam hoping for horror guests and guests from Star Trek,Stargate,Torchwood, and hopefully fingers and toes crossed The Walking Dead :smile: it would be good if Paul Mcgann came back

I will be going with my mum,sister and nephew :smile: Iam hoping once LFCC is held we will get some more guests annouced iam hoping for horror guests and guests from Star Trek,Stargate,Torchwood, and hopefully fingers and toes crossed The Walking Dead :smile: it would be good if Paul Mcgann came back

I'd love to meet Paul McGann (I'd love to meet any doctor tbh)

I'm hoping after LFCC there is guests announced from Doctor Who (as that's all I really like) but I'm worried there won't be :(

I'd love to meet Paul McGann (I'd love to meet any doctor tbh)

I'm hoping after LFCC there is guests announced from Doctor Who (as that's all I really like) but I'm worried there won't be :(

I think there might be more guests from Doctor Who annouced after LFCC,i would love to meet Paul McGann as i didnt manage to get a autograph from him at the first Collectormania Glasgow :smile:

• Like 1

ShowMaster need to make this event work as it's already losing ground to a newer event in Scotland and soon more and more will go to what they feel seems like a bigger and better event (bigger yes, not so sure about the better part) I believe that this or perhaps a altogether new event could easily work for one of the huge arenas that Glasgow has, it makes sense and you know the numbers are here as proven by last years event for you and for the other event also (it got a huge amount of media press just for the size of the lines alone, even though Braehead had a very similar experience it wasn't as huge a deal in the media). It is in yours and our interest to keep this event going, you begin to take this on seriously like you do your London events and you will get just as serious a response.

Scotland isn't this really difficult and inaccessible place , it's just as easy to get bigger guests here and they will come if they see an event to a scale that is necessary for the level of interest required. It may seem like a risk though now is the time to take it while there is huge demand for these types of events. There's a huge sporting event taking place all over Glasgow this year I'm sure your aware of, doubt they even stalled for a second to think it's not worth the hassle to bring all the athletes, and make sure they have the biggest and best areas for there needs.

You put in the effort and you will see the return, just like you did for last years show, this one seems to have taken a backwards step. I hope I'm wrong though and they will be a number of last minute announcements for a few more big name guests, different photo shoots and maybe even a car or van perhaps (this could easily be parked outside the actual area itself next the the queuing area, plenty of room, I've seen show cars around that area before) again the more stuff happening and the bigger an event seems the bigger a crowd will come, you said you wanted to make this show even bigger this year, so let's see it!

• Like 6

The available space for Glasgow is like a tenth what lfcc has...you won't see that many more guests announced, even with a little bit more floor space this year. Look at 2013s guest list previous for an idea...17 or so on Saturday...bout same as this year so far...