Maybe 2015?

stephy749

You guys should seriously tell us something more soon otherwise no one will be able to attend with such short notice

Impossible to say something if there is nothing definite to say.

You guys should seriously tell us something more soon otherwise no one will be able to attend with such short notice

Sorry - but had to chuckle at that... Or what? you'll not attend if able. They are doing everything they can do to get the information out to you as and when it's confirmed and rock solid.

No point saying "it's probably going to be December 15th" when they don't know for sure and just alienates everyone when they change the date... They are not doing this on purpose, as a potential attendee I would prefer to have difinitive knowledge then hearsay. :thumbup:

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 1

Well, as a potential attendee I would like to know even just the month (that being said IF they already know at least on which month to do it) on which they're planning on having it, so that I could already start checking how much busy I am at that time and even figure out if there's any chance at all I can make it or not. I know it's better to have news once they're confirmed and won't be changed.

How is there nothing definite yet if you're planning on having it in the /next/ 3 months?

Edited by KiaDreamer
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure something is for definite yet. However, the complete package needs to be definite before making an announcement. It's highly likely there's for example a venue blocked for possible weekends, but the date can't be fixed before the guest list has been finalized.

It wouldn't really be a good thing to tell Benedict "Sorry, we can't have you at this one. The venue is booked for the weekend before you're free." ;)

• Like 1

Isn't this month and the next two the busiest time in the year for you guys without the Sherlock convention?

July 11th - 13th - London a Film & Comic Con

August 23rd - 24th - Collectormania Glasgow

August 30th - 31st - Sheffield Film & Comic Con

I really hope it's not in hone next 3 months, short notice, meaning I don't have time to save money for the event (especially since I'm going to Collectormania Glasgow) I also hope it's not in. London :(

Guys, please. The mods don't know any more than we do. Showmasters aren't keeping anything from you out of spite. Nothing more will be announced until it's set in stone. There's a HUGE show in 10 days, so most of their time is going on LFCC, right now, I should think.

• Like 3

I don't see how saying a convention will happen ages ago and now getting dates ready so we can have the best guests can be complained at.

Would you prefer 6-10 months notice and no big main actors (including rupert and things not just meaning BC/MF) or would you prefer Benedict, Martin, rupert and the rest but only a couple months notice?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind either! I love the show enough for it to go either way, and if I can't make it then I will be unhappy, but the date might have been the same even if it was announced months ago. I do however want a date to sort my life out, I'm not saying I don't, but I don't see how people can complain xD I've seen other conventions announced 2-3 WEEKS before the event! Haha

Announcing the con ages ago didn't do much for us in the end, had we heard more a few weeks after it would have been fine but nothing for months then all of a sudden it's happening is a bit frustrating.

Regarding the complaints, of course we all want a great event with as many guests as possible and the time constraints do make sense. But still, if it's too short notice and we can't plan time off and book flights etc accordingly, then what's the point of having the best event and guest line-up possible if hardly anyone is able to show up? Bottom line is, I'd prefer a con in a few months even with fewer people, but one that I can actually attend, rather than one with everyone from the cast and crew announced, but one so short notice that everyone outside a 100 miles radius would have to miss.

Announcing the con ages ago didn't do much for us in the end, had we heard more a few weeks after it would have been fine but nothing for months then all of a sudden it's happening is a bit frustrating.

Regarding the complaints, of course we all want a great event with as many guests as possible and the time constraints do make sense. But still, if it's too short notice and we can't plan time off and book flights etc accordingly, then what's the point of having the best event and guest line-up possible if hardly anyone is able to show up? Bottom line is, I'd prefer a con in a few months even with fewer people, but one that I can actually attend, rather than one with everyone from the cast and crew announced, but one so short notice that everyone outside a 100 miles radius would have to miss.

Not trying to start arguments, but that's rubbish really. The whole outside a 100 mile thing. People can and will. 800 of us did the last time, I'm sure more will do so for this one.

Also, if they can't make the UK one there's ways the US one for the whole flights 8)

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

Plenty of our guests for events are still working and fit it around their schedules. It's never a case of work = no appearance. Sure, sometimes.. but in many cases it's not.

Less teasing more solid info please!!!! Some of us need to plan. If its going to be short notice then let us know an expected/possible time frame. So that we can know if its a go or no go for us. If its 2015 then let us know at least that much so that we can go ahead with other plans. Not everyone has the finances or the ability to drop everything and go at short notice.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Info will come when it's available.

Yes I'm a broken record, and yes I get it's frustrating, but they can't just make it up to please everyone that keeps asking.

They're not deliberately trying to tease. I think the LFCC panel is something great for Sherlock fans. Would you prefer that wasn't happening as well? :(

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get to see the set and was wondering why Louise Brearly had signed the Door?

When Louise was at Collectormania 18 she did a photo shoot in front of the door (which I believe is just a replica and not a genuine prop from the show) they presumably got her to sign it then.

we are looking at the event taking place in the next 3 months

This post is a month old, does that mean the event will be in the next 2 months now? I very much doubt that I will be able to make it if it's announced maybe 4 weeks in advance and I know I'm not the only one but I also know that a lot of people will literally do anything for 5 secs with Mr Cumberbatch so I guess it will be fine.

• Moderators

we are looking at the event taking place in the next 3 months

This post is a month old, does that mean the event will be in the next 2 months now? I very much doubt that I will be able to make it if it's announced maybe 4 weeks in advance and I know I'm not the only one but I also know that a lot of people will literally do anything for 5 secs with Mr Cumberbatch so I guess it will be fine.

There are no guarantees as to when it's happening until it's confirmed. Up until then, it's all just speculation I'm afraid.