Heads up about whats to come and a warning

Dearest Showmasters its a great idea to use both halls for such an event that is promising to be one of the best.My question is will you be telling us which guest is signing in which hall as I can imagine if a great deal of people at Earl s court hall one to see Mr.Lee and he is over at the other hall those people may be a little tick off as they may have to wait longer for a virtual ticket for an autograph, many thanks x

Dearest Harley we print up maps for most of our events and in this case as its a new layout we will be informing you of where everything is , its best that way as having 80,000+ people ask us where something is over the weekend will tie up our crew from doing what they should be doing :-)

hope that helps and as i said originally more info to come on this over the next few weeks ;-)

showmasters

80,000?! 80,000?!?!?!?!?!?! Is that how many you're expecting to attend?! Surely you mean 8,000? Or have I severely underestimated the scale of this event.

Dearest Showmasters its a great idea to use both halls for such an event that is promising to be one of the best.My question is will you be telling us which guest is signing in which hall as I can imagine if a great deal of people at Earl s court hall one to see Mr.Lee and he is over at the other hall those people may be a little tick off as they may have to wait longer for a virtual ticket for an autograph, many thanks x

Dearest Harley we print up maps for most of our events and in this case as its a new layout we will be informing you of where everything is , its best that way as having 80,000+ people ask us where something is over the weekend will tie up our crew from doing what they should be doing :-)

hope that helps and as i said originally more info to come on this over the next few weeks ;-)

showmasters

80,000?! 80,000?!?!?!?!?!?! Is that how many you're expecting to attend?! Surely you mean 8,000? Or have I severely underestimated the scale of this event.
"You under estimate the power of the force!" This surely will be crazy!

Ive also started to wait because you never now who is going to cancel and when. I remember ordering a few photoshoots years ago and by the time the event cam they had all cancelled.

Ill probably end up booking at the last minute again.

your welcome to do that but i am telling you we know how many people are buying more and more in advance and we are going to sell out of most photo ops before the show we think ?

also in the past if a guest dropped out it did take a week or so or maybe longer not we have a new system so its refunded very fast so if a guest dose drop out you will have your money back fast :-)

hope that is of help

showmasters

I can see your point about the photoshoots. However, Ive only just received my refund for an MK photoshoot from two weeks ago. Nevermind Ive got it now.

Ive just taken your advice and bought 6 photoshoots for the Saturday. Sunday shoots will have to wait until next pay day.

Honestly guys this isn't our first BBQ ;)

All the photo shoots will be in EC2.

Please trust that we do know what we're doing, we're not going to be making things harder for people.

Thanks for that Too Tall I have mobility issues and barely managed with the size of the hall last year and am hoping to get all 10 shoots on the Friday as Saturday is too busy and was thinking adding splitting between two halls no chance but if all photos are in one room I have a fighting chance!!!!

I'd actually emailed SM to see if they thought it was possible to do that many shoots and any idea of the set up and now I see this thread lol

I think this was answered in a different thread. Photoshoots in the same hall.

• Showmasters Admin

we expect 80 + over the 3 days and as a lot of people spend around 1 to 2 hours to buy what they want and then go away its around this number , i know some of you on here spend all day there and thats cool but some just want what they want and then they are gone , at the end of the day it works its going to be around 20% to 30% up on last year and we have much more space so we feel it will be more than fine and we are not worried .

see you all soon

showmasters

• Like 1

we expect 80 + over the 3 days and as a lot of people spend around 1 to 2 hours to buy what they want and then go away its around this number , i know some of you on here spend all day there and thats cool but some just want what they want and then they are gone , at the end of the day it works its going to be around 20% to 30% up on last year and we have much more space so we feel it will be more than fine and we are not worried .

see you all soon

showmasters

Ill be spending the entire friday - saturday and sunday there. :)

It's great that there will be lots of space but I attended 2 yrs ago and people who bought the early bird tickets were still queueing to get in gone 10:30.

I'm worried about buying photoshoots in advance (and even attending) if there's going to be so many people going, won't we be queueing for hours outside and potentially missing our shoots?!?!

With the 2 halls being used and the vast numbers attending, I'm concerned that there is clear guidance about where to queue to get entry each day and at that, entry to where we need to go for certain things.

I recall horror stories from past events with security/venue staff (and to be clear NOT SM staff) letting certain queues go in first which have meant people who had queued from the early hours were let in after people who had just rocked up much later.

I personally have experience of security staff opening certain gates on one side of Earls Court (yes, I was queuing that early) and not the other (where I was queued) until much later, which meant I and other people who'd queued at the one gate couldn't get as good a place in the main queue.

What can SM do to put my/other peoples minds at ease about this potential issue?

• Like 1

It's great that there will be lots of space but I attended 2 yrs ago and people who bought the early bird tickets were still queueing to get in gone 10:30.

I'm worried about buying photoshoots in advance (and even attending) if there's going to be so many people going, won't we be queueing for hours outside and potentially missing our shoots?!?!

That's what I'm worried about. :no:

same here a little bit

same here a little bit

At one of the last shows crew members were checking the lines and pulling people who had early shoots out of line. I'm sure if there's any backlog a similar system is in place this time.

If you arrive with an Early Bird ticket entry is usually a quick and steady process and you have nothing to worry about.

same here a little bit

At one of the last shows crew members were checking the lines and pulling people who had early shoots out of line. I'm sure if there's any backlog a similar system is in place this time.

If you arrive with an Early Bird ticket entry is usually a quick and steady process and you have nothing to worry about.

That's great, thank you for your help!

I have arthritis as well, and a walking stick. It was one of the reasons I have the gold tickets. I sometimes would ask if I could sit and wait for the amount of time I would have q'd and joined the front. I would sit somewhere close so they could see me and know that I wasn't off doing something else. It does depend on the size of the q and what you ticket number is but you can ask them for help. This is the first event in nearly 3 years because of my knees, and onl my 2nd weekend over that time period. The sunday is usually a lot quieter, most people try to get everything done on the sunday. Not sure if it will be the same though

showmasters

• Like 1

Thank you for the reassurance that every one will know what's going on and where its happening on the day I hope it all works out and comes together for such a promising event in the con calendar x