ANSWERS to FAQs

• Showmasters Admin

I am having yet another panic about something. Just seen photos of twitter for the queues to pay to get in (standard entry). Should I expect long queues if I come to upgrade to Early Bird tickets. I am not so much worried about not getting in quick enough to VT tickets, as I have sorted that, but more how my autistic son will cope? I don't want to be stuck in a long queue but don't want to come too early that we are waiting around before it opens.

Email me again. I'm away at the moment and so may not get back to you until Wednesday but don't worry I can help again.

Already sent it last night! No worries, if reply is not immediate. Just need to know before I leave on Saturday! LOL!

It'll be 100% fine, don't worry.

I am a mum of a disabled child, it is in my nature to worry! LOL!

I know, and I'll always do whatever I can to relieve that as much as I can.

• Moderators

I think it's been asked, but I can't see a reply (so sorry if I missed it!), but are there any rules about taking props into the photoshoots, such as replica weapons? Thanks!

It depends on the prop. Anything that could actually be dangerous will have to be checked with crew beforehand, as with getting them signed. Most props are fine.

I think it's been asked, but I can't see a reply (so sorry if I missed it!), but are there any rules about taking props into the photoshoots, such as replica weapons? Thanks!

It depends on the prop. Anything that could actually be dangerous will have to be checked with crew beforehand, as with getting them signed. Most props are fine.

Thank you! :smile: I'm still deciding on what to bring. I have one prop that's made of foam, even though it looks like a real (by real I mean fantasy) gun, and one metal, but it has no sharp or dangerous edges. I didn't want to bring one/both of them if they weren't allowed in shoots, so thanks for that!

• Moderators

Thank you! :smile: I'm still deciding on what to bring. I have one prop that's made of foam, even though it looks like a real (by real I mean fantasy) gun, and one metal, but it has no sharp or dangerous edges. I didn't want to bring one/both of them if they weren't allowed in shoots, so thanks for that!

If you're planning on carrying them around openly (not in a case/bag) during the event you should refer to the weaponry rules given in the cosplay thread.

Reading through about the VTs I'm still a bit unsure about something. If I wanted to get an autograph from someone, could my friend come up with me if they're not getting an autograph, without paying? Reading through it states someone can come up with you even if they're not getting an autograph as long as they have a VT, but then a little lower down it states that they would still have to pay for an autograph? A bit confused!

Reading through about the VTs I'm still a bit unsure about something. If I wanted to get an autograph from someone, could my friend come up with me if they're not getting an autograph, without paying? Reading through it states someone can come up with you even if they're not getting an autograph as long as they have a VT, but then a little lower down it states that they would still have to pay for an autograph? A bit confused!

As long as they have a ticket it's okay. Just please don't take 10 friends with you to take photos when you're the only one getting an autograph. I hope that makes a little more sense.

• Like 1

As long as they have a ticket it's okay. Just please don't take 10 friends with you to take photos when you're the only one getting an autograph. I hope that makes a little more sense.

Ok thanks for that! Just the one friend coming with me :)

If you're planning on carrying them around openly (not in a case/bag) during the event you should refer to the weaponry rules given in the cosplay thread.

No, they'll be packaged/bagged up. I haven't quite found the courage to cosplay yet :smile: Thank you for your help!

This is probably going to be a stupid question, but I'm wondering about the location of the ticket desks. As I understood it, there will be a sales desk for the photoshoots and paid talks near the entrance, then a desk for tickets to the free talks somewhere near one of the stages (will this be indicated on the map?) and somewhere (a desk?) to get your VQ tickets near the signing area. Is this correct? Also, with the VQ tickets, are they handed out at one central desk or is there a separate ticket queue for each guest?

• Moderators

This is probably going to be a stupid question, but I'm wondering about the location of the ticket desks. As I understood it, there will be a sales desk for the photoshoots and paid talks near the entrance, then a desk for tickets to the free talks somewhere near one of the stages (will this be indicated on the map?) and somewhere (a desk?) to get your VQ tickets near the signing area. Is this correct? Also, with the VQ tickets, are they handed out at one central desk or is there a separate ticket queue for each guest?

VQ tickets are handed out at the end of each guest's queue, there is not a central desk for these. (The person handing out the tickets will also be the person you give your ticket back to to get into the physical queue.)

Stupid question time now! I remember going to the first EMS at Olympia and I recall climbing a lot of stairs to get to the show.

Unfortunately, I have just pulled a ligament in my knee and stairs are a bit tricky for me. Is this event on the ground floor, or is it up on the first floor again?

Thank you!

• Moderators

Stupid question time now! I remember going to the first EMS at Olympia and I recall climbing a lot of stairs to get to the show.

Unfortunately, I have just pulled a ligament in my knee and stairs are a bit tricky for me. Is this event on the ground floor, or is it up on the first floor again?

Thank you!

This event is in the 'grand hall' at Olympia, next door to the hall where EMS was held. I think it may all be on one level.

Is there a map we can look at before arriving at LFCC ?

My schedule is super tight and this is my first convention, don't want to spare any minute finding where to go :)

We're hoping there will be online online, but no promises. There will be a map in the program booklet you get when you enter the hall.

I'm unable to go on the Sunday but really wanted John Simms autograph. I can't find the link to the site that lets you pe-buy autographs and get them sent to you in the post.

Can you post the link here?

I'm unable to go on the Sunday but really wanted John Simms autograph. I can't find the link to the site that lets you pe-buy autographs and get them sent to you in the post.

Sorry, but the pre-order site closed last night. No more orders are being accepted.

Sorry, but the pre-order site closed last night. No more orders are being accepted.

Oh No! I've been clicking the Pre-order link since Saturday but it just said "Pre-order coming soon," so I thought the link was somewhere else!