hotel booked already!

alisonloub

I was just curious, as we've all prob read cases on the forums of people booking rooms on the non refundable option cause it's cheaper, and then the event dates change or something.

Friends and I have also booked up for MK, as well as LFCC, so that we at least have somewhere, given all the goings on with the olympics .

We're either all sad, insane or committed that we're making plans that far in advance !!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried to book the Doubletree, but they are not currently taking bookings as they say all the rooms have been blocked out for the convention and will be released soon (no date given)...

Does SM know when they will be available ?

• 4 weeks later...

I've managed to get on to a waitlist for Doubletree so if/when a room becomes available they'll let me know. That's assuming my name is at the top of the list at that time, obviously. No guarantees that I'll get anything but it didn't cost anything and means I'm in with a chance (fingers crossed).

Might be worth considering for anyone else who wants to stay there and hasn't been able to get a room.

SM wont know anything. This isnt like a weekend con where they make a deal wiht the hotel for attendees. This is just one of those 'happens to be built-in/nearby' ones.

Like I said earlier that seemed to of been deleted, it seems they gave out too many rooms to other websites and so they over-booked. Someone I know had their room cancelled becaus eof that unfortunatley.

So it looks like it is very much now jump on the list and hope a few people cancel.

SM wont know anything. This isnt like a weekend con where they make a deal wiht the hotel for attendees. This is just one of those 'happens to be built-in/nearby' ones.

I'm afraid this is correct. For the weekend cons Mark can contact their conference person and try to get more rooms allocated. For events like CM, Entertainment Media Show and LFACC SM can't do anything for the hotels close by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering which hotel to stay in. The one I stayed in last time was about £80 for two nights but this time round their quoting £299 for the two nights which is a bit :thumbup: to be honest. Its also only a travel lodge so I'm pretty shocked. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions that have parking close by.

ive just looked and theres travel lodge in central mk thats like �32 odd per night. ( althought that's a non refundable one )

Yeah I saw that its the refundable ones thats £299 for the same hotel. Can't afford the hotel for a few weeks at the mo cause of a con next weekend. Ah well will keep an eye on it after the con