latest guest announcement - KAREN GILLAN

Thanks for clearing that up. Just to confirm then I receieve the ticket for the shoot and talk in the post in advance then? Sorry if I'm being thick but I found the wording on the left hand side of the checkout page very unclear.

Yes, all tickets are being send out in advance - entry tickets, talk tickets and photoshoot tickets.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was just browsing and saw the episode 4 intro with karen and arthur, WE ARE GONNA MEET KAREN!!!! can you believe it, karen gillan baby! current new who companion. this is just awesome, I fell into the wrong age bracket and didnt know how to meet classic guests when they were in there hay day, though to be fair near 20 years of it had passed before I was born in 81 lol, Im soooooo happy to be able to meet who guests in there prime, as they are on the show. WHILST THE SHOW IS AIRING, how cool is this.

i think ive got a bit of a delayed reaction cos im even more excited right now than I was yesterday

Thank you for clearing that up and apologies again if they sounded like stupid questions.

Thanks for clearing that up. Just to confirm then I receieve the ticket for the shoot and talk in the post in advance then? Sorry if I'm being thick but I found the wording on the left hand side of the checkout page very unclear.

Yes, all tickets are being send out in advance - entry tickets, talk tickets and photoshoot tickets.

Thank you for clearing that up and apologies again if they sounded like stupid questions.

I'm new to other conventions, and asking questions is good :WINCE:, so no need to apologise :D

Following on from timelord81r's comments, I'm going to be watching tonight's episode differently, thinking that I'll be meeting the person who plays Amy Pond soon.

Two months is too long to wait :D

Following on from timelord81r's comments, I'm going to be watching tonight's episode differently, thinking that I'll be meeting the person who plays Amy Pond soon.

Two months is too long to wait :D

I agree with you there 100% :D

I'll be watching tonight and pinching myself "Gonna meet her in a couple months" lol! :WINCE::D This next month and a half (!) will really go slowly :D

This is a truly exciting announcement, Karen is very young and is tipped for stardom, in a few years all those people at the beginning of this thread will be kicking themselves when she is a big movie star.

I bought early bird tickets for us, I could not get child ticket so paid for two adults, is this ok as she is only 12? There was no option for a child early entry ticket, it said 12 on the website but I would not leave a 12 year old unattended. Should I bring her passport in case we are challenged as I took the plunge and got a photo shoot ticket for my daughter, can someone confirm will I be able to stand with her in the queue even though I am not going to be in the photo? What is the standard convention for this or do you assume that anyone 12 and over is treated as an adult?

Will there be enough time to get the photo printed and then autographed on the same day? Is autograph included in the photoshoot or talk? How much extra would that be?

Will there be enough time to get the photo printed and then autographed on the same day? Is autograph included in the photoshoot or talk? How much extra would that be?

It really depends when the shoot is made but given that Karen is doing saturday only and the photo-shoot will obviously be sold-out, I suspect it might reach 400-500 photos, so printing them back on time before you can make it sign by Karen might be challenging.

Autograph is definitely not included in the photo shoot. As for the talk, I think you receive something special from Karen but I'm not exactly sure what.

As for the talk, I think you receive something special from Karen but I'm not exactly sure what.
From the Showmasters store:

"Everyone who attends this talk will receive a a unique limited & numbered 12"x16" photo print"

:borg:

Edited by cyd0nian

Just out of interest- does anyone know if it is THE tardis they actually use in the show, or is it just A tardis? Sorry if it's a bit of a dumb question.. :borg::clap:

Edited by SMASTER

Just out of interest- does anyone know if it is THE tardis they actually use in the show, or is it just A tardis? Sorry if it's a bit of a dumb question.. :borg::clap:
I doubt if it will be the filming Tardis. More likely a replica.

This is a truly exciting announcement, Karen is very young and is tipped for stardom, in a few years all those people at the beginning of this thread will be kicking themselves when she is a big movie star.

I bought early bird tickets for us, I could not get child ticket so paid for two adults, is this ok as she is only 12? There was no option for a child early entry ticket, it said 12 on the website but I would not leave a 12 year old unattended. Should I bring her passport in case we are challenged as I took the plunge and got a photo shoot ticket for my daughter, can someone confirm will I be able to stand with her in the queue even though I am not going to be in the photo? What is the standard convention for this or do you assume that anyone 12 and over is treated as an adult?

Hi there,

I have always bought an adult early bird for Sarah since she was 6 or 7 as there is no child early bird ticket. As for the photo shoot I go in the queue with her until she goes into the cubicle and then i skip round to the exit to pick her up.

I'll look out for you in July.

I doubt if it will be the filming Tardis. More likely a replica.

Yeah I should of probably figured this out for myself:) thanks for letting me know though :D

Yes, for a 12 year old you will need an adult entry ticket.

It shouldn't be a problem that you can be with her in the photoshoot queue. There's no fixed cut off age that I am aware off, but 12 is still young enough not to be left alone in line.

The print outs come back within 2 to 3 hours normally. If the photo shoot isn't one of the later ones in the day there should be enough time to get it signed.

If you want to get the photoshoot picture signed, you will need to pay for an autograph. Photoshoot pictures don't include a signature in price, and talk tickets don't include autographs either. The price for an autograph hasn't been confirmed yet.

I just hope they don't expect a photo there and then too.
It's made quite clear at the tables when the guest is not doing posed photos. Frankly it annoys me when people ask for them anyway, using excuses such as "I have a small child who will get upset", whether they say it or it is just implied. I'm sure it makes the guest feel bad for having to say no, and the crew member for having to point it out, and moreover, it isn't fair on the people who aren't getting pictures at the desk if they decide to say yes. It's possible as Karen is only there for the one day and has her talk and her photoshoot to do that this will be the case for her, I just hope that people don't miss out on meeting her because the queue is moving slowly for this reason.

I'm sure we've all seen it before.

Parent plunks child on the table

Guest says what's your name?

Child answers

Guest - oh thats a nice name.

And thats the short version.

They probably don't mind the breather, could sign half a dozen things in that time!

But its human nature. Can't rush kids.

Of course the thing about these shows (unlike others), from my personal experience, is I've never even seen some of the bigger guests, unless I was in their queue. I'm sure some parents might be a bit miffed if there kids don't even get to see 'Amy' without paying extra.

Okay so here's my dilemma - I'm at a friends wedding in the afternoon - I can probably skip the ceremony bit and I'm deejaying the reception. Have I got enough time to get from Reading to London get a photo with Karen then get back again before anyone realises I'm missing??

Can't commit to buying a photoshoot yet but am I risking it by waiting until sm announce what time the shoot is at?

Why does it have to be that Saturday?!

Okay so here's my dilemma - I'm at a friends wedding in the afternoon - I can probably skip the ceremony bit and I'm deejaying the reception. Have I got enough time to get from Reading to London get a photo with Karen then get back again before anyone realises I'm missing??

Can't commit to buying a photoshoot yet but am I risking it by waiting until sm announce what time the shoot is at?

Why does it have to be that Saturday?!

Generally the timkes won;t be known until the scheudle is released 1-2 weeks before the event. I could gamble, take a guess, and say that I would imagine the photo shoot would take place before 3pm (probably before 2pm).

It will be a busy photo shoot so there will need to be enough time for the photos to be printed etc. Plus SM will be aware that some people may like to get the photos signed.

It is just a guess on my part though.