keeping you all up to date :-)

showmasters

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be great.

Even though it's a pain that the big guest that ME were going for couldn't make it in the end, I think it'll actually be quite positive for the event as a whole.

It's going to mean we have an event with about half as many attendees as the last couple and that'll be nice. It'll give people more time with the guests, it'll mean more time for talks as we don't have 1000+ people to get through the autos and photo shoots.

It takes a lot of the pressure off of the crew not dealing with so many people and so makes it a nicer weekend for them too.

There are more than enough people to make it exciting but not so many as to make it feel to big, if that makes any sense.

true it is easier then for you to make the schedule? can the gust encounter be longer? :pyth:

• Showmasters Admin

It's going to be great.

Even though it's a pain that the big guest that ME were going for couldn't make it in the end, I think it'll actually be quite positive for the event as a whole.

It's going to mean we have an event with about half as many attendees as the last couple and that'll be nice. It'll give people more time with the guests, it'll mean more time for talks as we don't have 1000+ people to get through the autos and photo shoots.

It takes a lot of the pressure off of the crew not dealing with so many people and so makes it a nicer weekend for them too.

There are more than enough people to make it exciting but not so many as to make it feel to big, if that makes any sense.

true it is easier then for you to make the schedule? can the gust encounter be longer? :pyth:

Less groups does make it easy.

The issue is if we make them 60 minutes instead of 45 minutes this time we'd get a whole heap of complaints next time when we have to make them 45 minutes again.

can i just ask why cant you buy extra autos/photoshoots off the online store before the events?

Autograph tickets were never available before I think.

For photos it's been that way for the last couple of shows. The Stargate show in May is the first one in ages where it's done.

Probably organisatorial reasons. Orders need to be processed and put in the right reg pack etc. At the event you just pay and are given your tickets.

can i just ask why cant you buy extra autos/photoshoots off the online store before the events?

Autograph tickets were never available before I think.

For photos it's been that way for the last couple of shows. The Stargate show in May is the first one in ages where it's done.

Probably organisatorial reasons. Orders need to be processed and put in the right reg pack etc. At the event you just pay and are given your tickets.

yeah thanks, just i wanted to get organised and buy them online so i dont have to carry as much cash round the con :), oh well :dance:

Edited by Alexx=)

true it is easier then for you to make the schedule? can the gust encounter be longer? :dance:

Less groups does make it easy.

The issue is if we make them 60 minutes instead of 45 minutes this time we'd get a whole heap of complaints next time when we have to make them 45 minutes again.

fair enough

Edited by 1of2

I appreciate I never come on the forum (mostly because I have no patience, would end up getting into a fight with forum whingers, and then face getting edited by my own wife!), but I would just like to say that I am really, really looking forward to next weekend and seeing all you guys again.

That is all.

K. :dance:

I reckon the next guest is going to be Tinsel Korey, Kirsten Prout Or Anna Kendrick going by the "not big but a nice guest" comment.. We shall see soon enough though I guess!

Annas pretty big...

I think its gonna be harry clearwater to do a talk with alex

Edited by Jemma

I reckon the next guest is going to be Tinsel Korey, Kirsten Prout Or Anna Kendrick going by the "not big but a nice guest" comment.. We shall see soon enough though I guess!

Annas pretty big...

I think its gonna be harry clearwater to do a talk with alex

I was also thinking that as a possibility.