From SG1, SGA, SGU or from the Movie?

biggestfanever

Also, why does it get compared to BSG. I just dont see it.

It's a bunch of reluctant people, some military, some not, stuck on a spaceship that they didn't ask to be on, lost in space and looking for a way home. Which one am I describing?!

That said, I like SGU. I prefer SG1 and Atlantis though.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my dreams 7.6 is a SG1 reunion :poki: but in reality I'm not sure that Chris and Michael AND Amanda would all come, spesh as Amanda has her own conventions :o and that Chris is doing CML next weekend and that Shanks wasn't reannounced for 7.6 like Teryl was :(

I was quite determined to hate Universe because in my eyes they cancelled Atlantis for it and I would much rather have had a few more seasons of SGA then a new show but I do quite like Universe! ;) it's gripping and different and having met David Blue at Chevron 3 and Brian J. Smith, bring on the SGU guests!!!! :thumbup: I would love to meet Alaina Huffman and gave up on a chance to meet her in May as I was crewing at C16 so she's at the top of my SGU wants list :clap: also wanna meet Reiko Aylesworth, but more for 24 B)

I've been to many Stargate conventions: the Chevrons, other ones and Vancouver and have met most of the SG1 and Atlantis guests (including RDA :lol: in Vancouver this summer) some guests multiple times :D and while everyone has their vetran convention faves and I understand that some fans are attending their first SG con, it would be cool to have new and different guests and a some different autos and photoshoots - bring on the SGU guests :WINCE: spesh as we didn't have one this time!!!! :D

surfy sah xx

Rob is good for the good films he has done. However idiots like brian are best to keep away.

:thumbup: Thats not very polite. I thought he was a great guest.

Joined in, friendly, genuinely enjoyed being there

and please do remember that the guests themselves have been known to read the forum.

Whether you like someone or not, I dont think its a very nice thing to say

Edited by Rhianydd

I understand people being biased against SGU, but I do not understand blatant rudeness... :D

I think it's only fair that all three SG's are included in the line-up.

It simply boils down to the fact, if you don't like the guests, either don't come, or don't get a photo with them or see their talk...can't be simpler!

I'd love to see Jamil Walker Smith (coz he's fun) and Louis Ferreira (at least Louis has had scenes with RDA) though I'd be equally as happy to see Torri Higginson or Robert Picardo on stage with RDA. That would be cool :smile:

However idiots like brian are best to keep away.
A simple 'I don't like SGU' would have sufficed. There is no need to insult guests.

in my dreams 7.6 is a SG1 reunion :P
In this case - may your dream come true!

can you imagine an SG1 group photoshoot !!!!
I have been trying to for 5 days now :P

I think alot of the negativity for some fans around SGU is the fact atlantis was canceled and this continued, some didnt like that at all and there opinion on sgu reflects that. of course this doesnt apply to everyone who doesnt like sgu, just alot imo.

Ive enjoyed all the incarnations of stargate, sg1 being my fav, sgu I feel is better than atlantis for many reasons but I still like atlantis and would love guests from that show. really regret not getting joe at cm16.

sgu is really good and can get better.

I really dont get that post about brian though? wtf? he almost didnt come cos of crap like that to his chevron, he is a good guy and his character is really good in sgu. in the words of my boss "wind your neck in"

bring brian back I say

I am one of those people who love SGU. I am happy that its darker and different. I would have been totally fed up if it had been more of the same.

As I have been a Trek fan I can totally say this is nothing like Voyager! At least I can stand Colonel Young. :P

SGU is what STV should of been, VGR is my least fav of the treks, its to easy, to clean, no internal or little conflict considering its a mix fed marqis crew. and the finale was a slap in the face especially considering the advertising lol but I digress..

its very similar to BSG in tone (like atlantis is in tone to SG1) and in some basic plot terms as mentioned above by another poster.

I really dont get that post about brian though? wtf? he almost didnt come cos of crap like that to his chevron, he is a good guy and his character is really good in sgu. in the words of my boss "wind your neck in"

bring brian back I say

Seconded, lovely bloke, it was his first time at one of these Cons so I'm glad he came, very glad because I loved him to bits during that weekend, he really sold SGU to me, without Brian I don't think I would've gotten into it.

I say bring on more SGU guests :P

I know that a lot of people seem to be against SGU because they feel that Atlantis was cancelled because of it but I have heard that SGU was being discussed as far back as season 3 of Atlantis. I also have a feeling that SGA would have gone wether SGU was there or not. It is just such a shame that there is an air of "I dont want to like it because it's not Atlantis!" And there are some really negtive comments. As an ST fan I have been through all this before with various series.

I hope that whoever comes, no matter what series they are from, that they will be treated with the respect that they deserve. And I echo the sentiment of if you don't like the particular guest, either don't go the photo shoot etc or dont some to the con at all and leave them to those who do like them.

Edited by flubber2kool

I really dont get that post about brian though? wtf? he almost didnt come cos of crap like that to his chevron, he is a good guy and his character is really good in sgu.

Brian almost didn't come due to a misunderstanding because he thought it was an Universe only event.

The discussions with some people getting majorly upset about his reaction started only after this.

When people are disappointed sadly sometimes they overreact or pick words that in hindsight maybe shouldn't be spoken, but that is human nature.

Still he changed his mind (and kudos to him for doing so) and I hope he had a great time. Seeing he recognized me after all that time (and I am definitely not a Universe fan myself) and was quite enthusiastic when I met him earlier this month I daresay he probably did. :WAVE:

I tried getting to SGU though it was getting interesting with those aliens but then it just went back to snooze again.

I have to say this SGU is no way as good a BSG, they just don't have it in them to make the story as interesting.

Still SG1 and SGA way over SGU.

Sorry if I made anyone cry :P

Brian almost didn't come due to a misunderstanding because he thought it was an Universe only event.

The discussions with some people getting majorly upset about his reaction started only after this.

Brian also got into arguments with people on Twitter after they attacked him because they were upset with him pulling out. Kudos for him agreeing to do the event after the rudeness of certain fans.

Maybe the person who called him an idiot did it on account of the Twitter arguments, if that's the case is Brian not entitled to defend himself when attacked by overly-zealous 'fans'?

I loved SG1 and Atlantis and, yes, i was one of the people who believed and blamed SGU for Atlantis being cancelled (mostly because of Canadian taxing law) but as a STARGATE fan I decided to give it a go and am really glad I did!

My flat mate has a shocked expression on her face when I say "SGU was great today " because she knows how much I didn't want to like it, but it's turning into a truly awesome show.

I agree with the other people on here when they say that even though you don't personally like the show, fine, voice your opinions on the show but don't get personal on the actors after all they are doing a job, one that they obviously love, otherwise they wouldn't waste their time on conventions meeting the fans?

So in closing I would like to see some SGU guests

More SGU casts Twitters

Patrick Gilmore:

http://twitter.com/#!/PatrickGilmore

Jeffery Bowyer Chapman:

http://twitter.com/#!/jbowyerchapman

Peter Kelamis:

http://twitter.com/#!/PeterKelamis

Alaina Huffman:

http://twitter.com/#!/AlainaHuffman

Elyse Levesque:

http://twitter.com/#!/AtleastLevesque