Tomorrow :)

DavidB

• Moderators

As this is the last full day before the con, I just wanted to say that I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. It feels like it's been a long time coming, and I know there have been a lot of ups and downs along the way, but I really believe everyone ends up having a memorable time once they are there.

It's been great to have the chance to get to know even more people since ET3, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone there. All the friends I've made since way back before ET1, to those I've not had the chance to meet yet.

I think we all agree that no matter how stressed things may end up on here at times, everyone's going to get along at the con and treat each other respectfully. We enjoy being able to help out and answer queries etc, and we're a part of this because there's so many great people involved. I hope we've been of some help, and that whether you're a 'veteran' of ET cons or this is your first one, you all feel mostly prepared!

Do say hi if you see me, or Too Tall, Rhi, Yvie or anyone else involved in the process to bring you these cons - even all the way up to Jason and Mark. The events are a great opportunity for discussion in person, which is usually far more reasonable that how it ends up on here. We all know how out of hand it can get sometimes! So do take the time to do so if you have any queries or comments. From the moderating team, to the online shop, through to the crew at the events and the organisers - everyone has their part to play in giving you a weekend to remember.

But most of all, if you are going to the event, just enjoy it. Make the most of being there, whether that be for the guests or attendees or whatever else. It's sometimes hard to remember why we're all here in amongst all the chaos, but we all share a love for these events and what they stand for. Yes, for some of you it may not be what you had imagined, but once you get there it will be what you make of it, so why not make it something good? :P

And then, once this weekend is over, we'll start again! :P:YAHOO:

I hope you all have safe trips, and I'll see you there.

David

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do say hi if you see me, or Too Tall, Rhi, Yvie or anyone else involved in the process to bring you these cons

I like my "hello"s best when accompanied with a glass of wine :huh:

Just so you know who to hand the alcohol to - I'm the brunette :D

67668_442082862638_505542638_5466598_5137810_n.jpg

I'm leaving for my mum's in an hour to pick up the other one then we are leaving! Shall be at the Hilton in like... 5 hours! Good times =] If anyone's going tonight come and find us in the pool later =] We luuurve to make friends! If you see a girl lugging a big black holdall and a few bags that's me!

See you all over the weekend!!!!

David, I shall be buying Chelsea some drinks to make her funny again ^^

Bai guys!!!! No more interwebs for me for a while =[

Emz x

• Moderators

What a nice message :huh: do u get freaked out by randoms coming up and say Hi or do you like it? Lol

It's a happy medium between the two these days .. years ago, it did freak me out a little, but after 7 years or so you kinda get used to it :D

It does amuse me if someone comes up and says "You're David!" like they're telling me something I don't know :P

• Showmasters Admin

What a nice message :D do u get freaked out by randoms coming up and say Hi or do you like it? Lol

It's a happy medium between the two these days .. years ago, it did freak me out a little, but after 7 years or so you kinda get used to it :lol:

It does amuse me if someone comes up and says "You're David!" like they're telling me something I don't know :lol:

I always feel sorry for any poor bloke that happens to be over 6'4" and comes to our shows. They must spend half their time being asked "are you Too Tall?". If they don't know of me, it must send them home with a complex :P

My favorite is when people come up and say hi and give you their real name with a look of expectation that you know them. It then turns out you've only ever spoken to them on the forum and so you have no idea what their real name is :D

It can get very confusing with 1000 attendees and they feel they know you from here and say hi in a very friendly "we know each other" kind of way, but you've never actually met. Please be nice and put us out of our misery and say "hi we've never met but I'm xyz, I'm abc on the forums!". It just means I'm not spending 10 second trying for the life of me to remember when we met before :huh:

Please don't get me wrong, it's lovely that people take the time to say hi, just please don't be offended or surprised if we look at you for a second before we remember who you are :D

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators

I'm actually, luckily, very good with faces rather than names, so I generally know if I've met someone before.

I swear there are people I've talked to at every event since 2003 and yet because I just randomly started talking to them, I have NO idea what their names are. How do you ask after so long? :huh:

I agree though .. a little introduction never hurts if you've never posted a picture on here or something .. or even if you have :D

Haha David, I know you know what I actually look like, that's a beginning! And hopefully, we'll get a chance to talk this time round! Or if we don't, it means we're cursed :huh:

Not sure about Too Tall though. I've crewed a couple of times now, but never had a chance to introduce myself yet!

I'm actually, luckily, very good with faces rather than names, so I generally know if I've met someone before.

I swear there are people I've talked to at every event since 2003 and yet because I just randomly started talking to them, I have NO idea what their names are. How do you ask after so long? :huh:

I agree though .. a little introduction never hurts if you've never posted a picture on here or something .. or even if you have :D

This is what happens if you don't ask http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu-gb056Bfo

• Showmasters Admin

Not sure about Too Tall though. I've crewed a couple of times now, but never had a chance to introduce myself yet!

But I know who you are :huh:

Are you not crewing CML? I just noticed you're not on my list.

But I know who you are :huh:

Well, I had a problem with my Eurostar booking, and I can only get to St Pancras around 8am on Saturday, that's why I did not apply, since I knew I could not be there in time for a normal shift and for the crew briefing.... :D

Not packed... And I still have to find things to wear... Hmm...

Neither am I, but I'm bored at work and have worked out my own packing list. I'm a little freaked at how long it is, and am trying to decide what can be sacrificed. :huh:

The worrying thing is that next weekend will likely be even worse. :D

• Showmasters Admin

But I know who you are ;)

Well, I had a problem with my Eurostar booking, and I can only get to St Pancras around 8am on Saturday, that's why I did not apply, since I knew I could not be there in time for a normal shift and for the crew briefing.... :(

Come and see me at the weekend and we'll talk about it.

But I know who you are ;)

Well, I had a problem with my Eurostar booking, and I can only get to St Pancras around 8am on Saturday, that's why I did not apply, since I knew I could not be there in time for a normal shift and for the crew briefing.... :(

Come and see me at the weekend and we'll talk about it.

Okay, no problem!

You have to be there! :( Good old TT

Same here, dont be afraid to come and say hi :D I will be crewing, but wont know where I am or what I am going to be doing, and I have an APPALLING memory! So please dont be offended if I look blank for a second or two either lol :P I'll get there!

Couple that with the fact that I chat to some of you on the forum, or facebook, or twitter, and sometimes peoples names are different on all three! ;) lol

Its going to be an awesome weekend! I cant wait! I am leaving early in the morning so might see some of you Friday :D