Event Date Change!

Queen_Sindel

As posted by Jason in the C16 section:

the next event now will not be till next May and the new hall WILL be open by then and we can all have our fun indoors , so i just wanted to say thank you for hanging in with us to we get the chance to keep running this event

oh thats ashame was really looking forward to this event agian didnt care if it was going to be like c16 I would still go who cares if it was windy it was still a good day out. Does this mean we be getting mor eguests at Collectormania London than usual to make up for not having this event. :(

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

What a shame, but completely understandable: guests can't really be expected to brave our spring/early summer weather when they are open to the elements as they are in the current set-up at the stadium.

Fingers crossed, and let's hope that the MKDons stadium gets the room ready in time for May 2011!

It's a shame but there is so much going on at the end of the year now and i for one wouldn't be able to afford to do it all. I guess this year C:London has replaced MK but thats cool cos it was so popular and a bit easier for some to get to. Looking forward to the end of the year now and next year we'll all be happy cos the weather won't matter! :thumbup:

It's a shame but there is so much going on at the end of the year now and i for one wouldn't be able to afford to do it all. I guess this year C:London has replaced MK but thats cool cos it was so popular and a bit easier for some to get to. Looking forward to the end of the year now and next year we'll all be happy cos the weather won't matter! :borg:

CM:London hasn't replaced Milton Keynes. Maybe last year it did, but this year it was in ADDITION to MK before the date change.

I just hope it's not the first weekend of May because I won't to be able to attend if it is.

Traditionally, it tends to be the last weekend in May (Spring Bank Holiday) so I would assume that's when it'll be.

I just hope it's not the first weekend of May because I won't to be able to attend if it is.

Traditionally, it tends to be the last weekend in May (Spring Bank Holiday) so I would assume that's when it'll be.

This was the first year that it was on the second bank holiday. Last year it was in June and all previous years it was the first bank holiday in May, but as the football season is in it's death throws at the start of May I think it's safe to assume it will be the second bank holiday weekend in future.

seriously, how long does it take to build a hall. good decision though, having it on perimeter of a stadium was a joke.

Any chance of a return of collectormania manchester or collectormania midlands to fill the gap?

Edited by gobo1979uk

This was the first year that it was on the second bank holiday. Last year it was in June and all previous years it was the first bank holiday in May, but as the football season is in it's death throws at the start of May I think it's safe to assume it will be the second bank holiday weekend in future.

Oops. Don't know where I got the idea from that it was traditionally the second bank holiday weekend in May. Must be the sunshine starting to affect my brain, I'm just not used to it.

When I first opened this post I was dreading what would be announced as the date, as I'm in the USA in October and purposely avoided being away for the proposed two weekends in October when this event might take place, so was dreading it had moved to a different time in the month and now clashed with my time away.

However, as it's next May, that works for me and really does make sense due to the conditions at the last two stadium events.

Also means that I'll have more time for my wallet to recover from LF&CC before London in November!

• 3 weeks later...

That's a shame maybe run another one at the Olympia one at the same date.

Althought May 2011 is away off maybe an Idea to think of a backup venue, as where I live the opened a new leisure centre. Originally it was supposed to open October 2009 then December 2009, then Feb 2010 then April 2010 and it only just open Last wednesday.

So although you get promise date of completion it never goes to plan.

Just thought i'd share my experience as it would be a shame to be dissapointed again, maybe this way they can be more prepared.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of a return of collectormania manchester or collectormania midlands to fill the gap?

Yes a Collectomania Midlands would be good for a change..

The last few that Showmasters did were really good...

Make it so SM...

• 2 weeks later...

OMG - What d'ya mean the Hall will be finished? I was looking forward to pretending I was on Rura Penthe again. The wind whistling through my signed pics, the rain lashing over my silver pens - it will never be the same again ! The stadium is a brilliant design. Even when the sun's out it's freezing - should be on Mythbusters ! Colder than a Klingon's armpit - MYTH CONFIRMED !!

Edited by KirkEnterprise

I liked the wind and cold, meant i wasnt sweating in the photo shoots, in fact take away the rain and keep the guests warm and it would be the perfect venue for me, loved that you could sit down any where whenever you wanted, see some footy, keep cool and have a maccy ds and kfc on the front steps,

I liked the wind and cold, meant i wasnt sweating in the photo shoots, in fact take away the rain and keep the guests warm and it would be the perfect venue for me, loved that you could sit down any where whenever you wanted, see some footy, keep cool and have a maccy ds and kfc on the front steps,

The one small problem being that the guests and indeed the attendees can't be kept warm and there's no way to keep the rain out. Therefore it's FAR from a perfect venue.

Having anywhere to sit comes at a price, the price being I couldn't sit anywhere for any length of time or else I froze.