Who's staying at the Doubletree in the Stadium?

chris_hod

So I live in London, and coming up tomorrow, but wondered if anyone had floor space available in their room, so I can come up this evening instead and hang-out at the bar and then be already there for tomorrow morning. I'm perfectly sane and quiet. OH and I'm a girl - so if anyone wanted help with the cost of the room, and didn't mind me staying tonight that would be fantastic.

:P

Edited by sidney

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked in a couple of hours ago... pretty nice hotel, loving the DoubleTree cookie! Yum!

BeatrixKiddo - I'm pretty sure you were checking in just before we were but the guy was wearing glasses so I wasn't confident enough to say hi in case it wasn't you!!! (Plus I'm a lurker around here so you may have been like who the hell is she?!?!)

We kinda got in too late to actually do anything except have a quick walk around the stadium checking out the stadium, caught a glimpse of Tim Russ but had left my Voyager pic in the hotel room! God damn it - would have been nice to spend some time chatting to him while it was so quiet!

On that note, we got in through the hotel via the Clydesdale boardroom - will we be able to do this for the whole weekend? Obviously not first thing as we'll need to queue but it would be nice to not have to make the long trek around the outside of the stadium to get back at night!

Checked in a little while ago and have just gone for a quick shop with my friends from MK. Will be coming back to the hotel shortly so look out for me at the bar. I'm in a rather psychadelic flowery top and have my hair tied up (red streaks).

Please come and say hello or I might revert back to my true shy self. Though when I booked in I met some Collectormaniacs in the lift and chatted to them. Turned out one of them was the girl I was talking to who is also from Jersey. lol.

See you all there. Feel free to buy me a drink. And then I'll return the favour with my bottles of duty free Baileys (mint). lol. Not sharing it all though so ner. lol

Right, better go. Don't know if my net browser is gonna work in the hotel as I forgot the charger. lmao. But will hopefully get a change to catch up on here later via my N95 with Wifi.

Just at kfc but heading to the doubletree soon to meet up with my friend so gonna try and coax her into the bar. Shouldn't be too hard. Anyone drinking there tonight. If you wanna come say hi I'm wearing a grey beanie, grey shirt n tie dyed jeans I'm with a guy I'm a transformers hoodie

So how did everyone find the hotel????

For me the best bit about it was it's proximity to the event, oh and the staff & breakfast were very nice but that was about it!!

The walls were paper thin and as there was a connecting door to the room next door I could hear EVERYTHING right down to the opening of a sugar packet from them, plus I booked a twin and got a double to start with!!!

Not a great 3 nights sleep and unless there's another event there not somewhere I'd ever wish to stay again!!!

I didnt stay but my 2 friends did so I visited a bit. The room was stunning, was impressed with the large TV at end of the bed! Kiinda wish I had been staying there lol. Also had drinks in the bar Sat night and prices not too unreasonable for a hilton :)

• Moderators

Can't fault the hotel at all from my experience.

The room was fantastic - clean, spacious, and had everything we wanted in there.

The ease of getting to the event was superb - just go down in the lift to level 1, and you were at the dealers already.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was very nice too.

For me, staying at that hotel made the whole event even better.

The cookies were a nice little touch however I was surprised to see that in this age of allergies they were giving out chocolate and walnut ones, kinda not so good for me as a nut allergy sufferer because they smelt yummy!!!

Great hotel - good food and really nice

nice to have somewhere to put all purchases and rest weary feet during the day!!

also good to get changed into ST costume and out again!!!

somewhere warm as well

would recommend it to any one for next year!!!!

:blush:

This being my first time at Collectormania, on someone else's recommendation I stayed at the Jury's Inn in town, which was nice in the evening to find somewhere to eat, but you couldn't just pop back to the room when you were at the event.

What was it like in the evenings for those that stayed at the Doubletree? I didn't really check out the area around the stadium, but were there places to eat, or did you come into town?

So how did everyone find the hotel????

For me the best bit about it was it's proximity to the event, oh and the staff & breakfast were very nice but that was about it!!

The walls were paper thin and as there was a connecting door to the room next door I could hear EVERYTHING right down to the opening of a sugar packet from them, plus I booked a twin and got a double to start with!!!

Not a great 3 nights sleep and unless there's another event there not somewhere I'd ever wish to stay again!!!

WOW! This surprises me.

We got the room we paid for. I thought it was beautifully made up and furnished, the beds were comfortable, and I couldn't hear a thing from around me. One of the best hotels I've stayed in and I slept SO well that I didn't want to get up!

We didnt really do much outside the room, despite the various bars and places to eat inside the hotel. But sunday night we did send a few people out to the Dominos down the road and MacDonalds to get food.

Asda provided us with snacks and booze too, which helped us laugh our butts off at Eurovision. Watched Doctor Who too.

But yes, plenty of choice in and out of the hotel :thumbup:

• Moderators

There's a McDonalds and a KFC near the stadium, as well as the bar and restaurant within the hotel itself.

Personally I went into town to a restaurant in Xscape. There is a lot more options in town itself, but it could be a bit of a pain if you've not got anyone driving etc.

The ease of staying in the hotel at the stadium far outweighed the fact that it was a little far from the centre of MK.

We didnt really do much outside the room, despite the various bars and places to eat inside the hotel. But sunday night we did send a few people out to the Dominos down the road and MacDonalds to get food.

Asda provided us with snacks and booze too, which helped us laugh our butts off at Eurovision. Watched Doctor Who too.

But yes, plenty of choice in and out of the hotel :D

Ah, well being a vegetarian, as well as a lover of 'real' food (lol) I don't see McDonalds and Dominos as great options ;)

But thanks for the info, I might consider staying here next time because there were a couple of times we'd have liked to pop back to the room in the middle of the day. mainly because we were in cosplay for a lot of the time, but then I don't like to get photoshoots done if I don't look at least a little bit like 'me' so we had to separate the days for either cosplay or photoshoots, but it would have been nice to change our mind on a whim if we'd have wanted and staying at the event we could have done that.

I guess at the end of the day, we had to travel to/from the event every day anyway, so it's only the same difference travelling to/from the restaurants later.

I didnt look at any of the hotel menus though, so I' sure they had plenty of vegetarian/vegan/any other preference options.

And not being an 'actual' hilton I'm sure the prices were pretty good too.

Plus like I said, Asda literally a few minutes walk from the hotel entrance and open 24 hours, so basically anything you wanted...as long as you had the means to make it lol

;):D For those staying at the Doubletree at the next Collectormania event in November, there are two Pubs within 5-10 mins walking distance of the Stadium and a few more in Bletchley itself which is a 15 mins walk of the Stadium. Plus everything going on at CentralMK. :D

I only stayed 1 night but could not have been happier with my room. Once I found the bed under the mountain of pillows on it I found it really comfortable and had a great sleep after a long, tiring bus trip from Edinburgh.

The only complaint I have is I didn't get the cookie when I checked in as they were not ready yet (they allowed me to check in at 8.45am so I went for a couple of hours kip before heading to the show) and I forgot to go back for it after 2pm. They sounded lovely too - will make sure I get one next time as I will def be staying there for the next MK show.

Cant' complain about the hotel. We had a view of the stadium interior so it was cool watching people troop about. It was a shame we couldn't open our door onto the balcony, though we'd have only fallen over the edge after the quantity of rum we got through.

#Rum, rum, rum. I like rum. Down it goes. Down into my belly#

T'was a bit of a shame we couldn't find any other forum types to drink with though. Maybe next time...

Edited by Aeria-Gloris

We didnt stay at the doubletree but we stayed about 3 miles away at the holiday inn near the M1, was rather nice with a harvester on site too. Was only £84 for the four of us B&B for 2 rooms!