Who is the greatest celeb youve ever met

jakeblue

Could be at a show, or out and about. Sure to have been asked before but thought as a relative newbie id post this rather than trawl through what's gone before.

Personally for me it would have to be Bruce Campbell. It was only my second ever show and the first show I attended I didn't really get how it worked so ran in and straight back out with my autographs.

When Bruce was announced however I nearly wet myself in excitement and simply had to go. I bought early bird ticket and a photoshoot with the man who is my hero. He was a great guest and when he signed my tornado dvd shared a story from the set. When I got the dvd signed by Ernie Hudson he shared the same story was coolest day ever.

A very very close second to Bruce is William Forsythe, he was an after thought as I was attending a show for other guests but he was so amazingly friendly to me and my four year old daughter I purchased a photoshoot with him based on meeting him alone.

So come on peeps, share your experiences.

I have been to many shows and met great guests. Andy Hallett was a gem. Jeremy Renner was such a gracious man as he was just getting a foothold on the ladder of showbusiness.

But, the best celeb that I have met is Stefan Dennis aka Paul Robinson of Neighbours. He was out walking about in Bristol and I bumped into him literally. As I turned around I said "Hey, you're Stefan Dennis"..

He was a little taken aback that someone had called him by his real name. Had a long chat about why he was in Bristol - working on a project as a Director/Producer - and he was very friendly. In the end I had to say that I had to go and got a photo on my phone and shook hands.

No airs and graces. Glad to chat with someone who didn't ask him about Neighbours or call him Paul Robinson, but asked him about the project that he was working on.

Top bloke.

im relatively new to cons but for me so far its a tie between michael shanks and chase masterson, lovely, talkative, polite, fun, enthusiastic both of them, a delight,

if i had to choose top it might have to go to chase as she is gorgeous and almost made me trip over as she spoke to me on leaving the photo shoot i was so tongue tied lol hope she comes back soon and im looking forward to shanks at chevron in november

tom baker comes a very close second to them. met him twice and he seemed to remember me, both times commented on my height and how he rarely has to look upto anyone (though has he met tootall? lol) he is also very open and friendly, his talks are amazing also

Michael Sheard and Simon Pegg.

Michael was my first ever con meet and he was lovely a really nice guy.

Simon Pegg I met after the auction at celebration Europe and we chatted for ages - just like hanging out with a mate - so much so that I didn't ask him for an autograph or photo as it wouldn't seem right!

See this is a difficult question cos they are generally all great but for different reasons.

Nathan Fillion- was really nice and wished me a happy birthday. he also told my sister she was pretty

James Marsters- the first tv person i had met. he also flirted outragiously with my sister

juliet landau- met her once and then again 4 years later. she remembered me and could tell me the last time we'd met had been the day before my sister's 13th birthday :)

andy hallett- asking if he could order a drink over me and then when i ordered a sex on the beach asking if it were a drink or a suggestion

there's loads more but i'm not gonna bore you all with them :D

Id probably say Justin Long

I met him when he was over promoting Drag Me To Hell and he signed a couple of DVD's for me and asked who else had already signed them and how i had met them

He also saw i had my Heroes DVD on me at the time and we talked about that and who had signed it, he mentioned that he had just been with Hayden in Cannes....

He was just a really nice, chatty amicable guy.

Ive been very fortunate that ive met such good people, MC Gainey, Miley Cyrus, The Hoff, Ultimate Warrior, Roddy Piper, Shane Ward, Lost Prophets, Limp Bizkit but i think Justin was the nicest and i wasnt really expecting it.

Was Warrior a mentalist :YAHOO:

i met him at a convention and he insisted on starting his signing after all the other wrestlers had finished and left, so that was about 5ish. Needless to say, we were all a bit concerned.

He was a real gentleman though.

I asked him to sign my IC Title best and he asked where about, when i said wherever he wanted he made me decided stating that it was my Collectables and it cost a lot of money and i should have it how i want it.

We then spoke of his match with Randy Savage at Mania 7 which was a fave of mine and he raved about it too saying how he loved it coz it told a story and its nice that it gets the love because more people just remember the year before against Hogan.

Then i got a pic with him which he grinned as cheesy as you like. Any one who got pics with digital cameras he told them to check them and he would retake if they werent happy...

he was as nice with everyone that days as he was with me, regardless of gender, race, disability. makes reading all the things written about him so hard to believe.

Got to be John Rhys Davis, I chatted to him for a while about his car collection! As my cars are my other hobby it was great! It's nice talk to a guest about something other than what they're famous for.

All the other people I've met were also great though!! :YAHOO:

i cant choose between these three.

andy halette, he was such a wonderfull, genuine person. he had a lot of time for fans

john rhys davis, or uncle john as many of us call him. simply fantastic

paul mcgann, lovley guy. really friendly and interesting to talk to. i took my little cousin to meet him and now paul is his fav doctor

Eliza Dushku :P - no surprise there

Burt Reynolds was a legend and we had a great chat about american football

Adam Baldwin and Erica Durance are also among the most memorable guests i have met

the list could go on and on

the dude :eek:

I met a lot of nice guests but the prize goes to Babylon5's Claudia Christian. I had with her the longest conversation ever, some 20 minutes! Having found out that I am Italian she asked me to stay to help her practice with the language. For work reasons she had to go to Italy and was learning the language (not bad at all, by the way). So we spoke Italian for the whole time about nearly everything, as other fans passed by for the autograph... Exactly for the same reason I had similar experiences with Ernest Borgnine, Mira Furlan and Robert Picardo.

For me it has to be Russell Crowe and Sir Ian Mckellan. Both such wonderful men who had so much time for their fans each time I've met them... Ian even offering to go inside the BAFTAS to get Viggo Mortensen for me after waiting 14 hours and being the only person he didn't sign for that day! But some of the others I have met along the way like Thomas Robbins and Andy Sirkis from LOTR are both amazing. Being far from home in a country you have never been to before and unable to speak the language for Thomas to befriend us for the weekend... "Solidarity for the English"!!

And just because I think he has now my new favourite con-guest Kai Owen. That man has so much time for his fans and is so giving to everyone he meets (maybe expect for poor Alex who was in his talk on Saturday afternoon who he sent out 10 times!) he has a way of remembering you no matter how long its been since he last saw you which you can't fail to love him for.

But my most favourite of all and a man no-one will ever beat for me...not that anyone would guess from my signature....David Tennant. For those who have met him will understand why but that man has such a big heart and I love him for his generosity and warmth he gives no matter what.

Andy Hallett, Jonathan Woodward and Neil Roberts, all amazing and gorgeous guys who every time I ever met them remebered me by name and chatted to me like normal people do, none of the ''can't be bothered to do this'' attitude you get from some celebs!!!!!

ive met some amazing people but the nicest, most sweetest guest ever (even sweeter than amy acker if that's possible) is JASON DOHRING :wub: all the veronica mars guys are uber nice : francis capra, percy daggs III, michael muhney & ryan hansen :wub:

andy hallet ( :( ) amy acker, clare kramer, julie benz, vincent karthieser, christian kane :wub:

TIM CURRY :wub: i was so nervous about meeting him but he was so sweet :wub:

eric mabius, mia kirshner & kate moennig :wub:

ive met loads more but these guys go all out to make a convention more than just a convention B)

Eliza Dushku :wub: - no surprise there

Burt Reynolds was a legend and we had a great chat about american football

Adam Baldwin and Erica Durance are also among the most memorable guests i have met

the list could go on and on

the dude :(

im so jealous, i'd love to meet eliza :wub: would love to meet adam .. just found out recently i was at a LFCC that he was at but i did'nt meet him *D'OH* (pre-chuck)

Without a doubt my fave has to be Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley in Harry Potter) I finally met him at an awards show (after 3 failed attempts!) and i got a hug which just made it the best night ever! I always forget that that was the same night when i first met Daniel Radcliffe as well, I only remember meeting Rupert hehe

• 2 weeks later...

I've never met any massive celebs but I have met Lee Evans and Al Murray after their shows and Alan Carr at a book signing.

I think the greatest celeb would be Sheridan Smith and James Corden. I met them at a Two Pints recording last year and Sheridan was sooo lovely! It was the first time she'd met me but she didn't need her bbc car so offered me a lift to my hotel as she didn't want me on the tube alone that late at night. I was shocked but it was so nice of her!

Mine could be a long list.

Outside of SM/ME events it would have to be David Attenborough and Murray Walker. For me two legendary people in their respective fields. Plus Nicole de Boer who is very sweet.

Within SM/ME, Jewel Staite, Avery Brooks, George Takei, and Eve Myles, who are probably the friendliest and funniest of guests I have met so far. Plus Jewel :o . The person who generated the most 'star struck' factor in me was Leonard Nimoy.

Now I am feeling guilty about not mentioning Andrew Robinson, Brian Smith, Charisma Carpenter, Chloe Annett, Chris Judge, David Blue, Kristine Sutherland, Michael Shanks, Patrick Stewart, Robert Llewellyn, Scott Bakula, Torri Higginson, Vaughn Armstrong, ....and many more :(