General chat

etmuse

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is getting rather close to the bone now, would like some themes.

BUT, yes we are basiclaly coming no matter what. Non-refundable tickets can be a curse sometimes :D

And who would drop out of an awesome con because we didnt get themes quick enough :WINCE:

*Agrees*

Although is getting quite annoying. For the 100th time - BACK TO THE 80S!!! :D

Well every hub so far has been better than the last and been the best event I have been to.

I LOVE these cons! No matter how many times I've met certain guests or how many awesome guests are at LFCC or Collectormania, the Hub is still the place I want to be.

The atmosphere and people are just so awesome.

I'll be getting my Hub 5 ticket on the sunday as I have done twice now.

Best. Weekends. Ever.

i'm with Rob

my friend had to :WINCE: to get me to go to 2 because i'd had bad experiences with a previous convention elswhere, but i have never regreted going

good people and good fun :)

nowhere else would u get me dancing hehe

Edited by Midnight

Milton Keynes was cool, only managed the sunday though.

Met Nimoy and Glenister, so it was AMAZING but it wasnt the best so far.

London was a wicked first event too, and I got to meet John finally :wub:

But again, wanst the best I've been to out of all the events.

Hub 2 and 3 are still my benchmarks and for different reasons from each other.

I was at Milton Keynes both days due to Naoko on Saturday and Burn on Sunday, also ended up in the guest hotel by sheer accident!

London was amazing for purely selfish reasons, lovely banter and meeting of friends whose acquaintance was more improved then at the Hub. I also got to meeting Robert Llewellyn, which is always a plus for me!

Benchmark for me is Hub 1 and 2, mainly cos they both didn't have in fighting, I have death threats hanging over me, and because we just wanted to have a good time and there was no repetitive how can we bring Ianto back rather then what projects we can dream up for Gareth. Hub 2 being in the same hotel had biggest perks like Matt Rippy who I saw last month. Same funness =D

Never done a Collectormania (small things like working full time and living north of the Watford gap tend to get in the way) and I've only done 1 Hub (Hub 3) which was enough fun for me to not even have to think about whether I was going to do Hub 4 or not - the answer was always going to be yes! Also wanting to fit in a Red Dwarf con and the Discworld con this year means severe lack of pennies.

Everyone at Hub 3 was so friendly and helpful, including the staff. There was one exception on the Sunday, but that was dealt with in an amusing fashion and we lived to tell the tale!

So if you see a curvy woman with a pint of green stuff in her hand, it will either be me or I won't be far away. Come say 'hi' and decide if you're brave enough to sample the delights of the Dragon (Kai wasn't, Gareth and Ben were).

Edited by Darth Ally

Heads up cheap ticket from Bristol to Northampton are on sale, I'm using the new route of going via London and its costing me £35 rather then £52. I know not all are doing this journey but this is in case you wanna check your own travel plans.

Heads up cheap ticket from Bristol to Northampton are on sale, I'm using the new route of going via London and its costing me £35 rather then £52. I know not all are doing this journey but this is in case you wanna check your own travel plans.

Benchmark for me was the first Hub. Such amazing memories. I'd never been to any conventions before, and I really didn't know what to expect, but by the time Sunday came I didn't want to go home! I've now been to all the Hub conventions, including Collectormania last November.

Roll on Hub 4! Train tickets for us are going to cost £182 from Newcastle, but that's not surprising as that is what they were the last time.

xxx

Edited by Chelle2009

Very random general chat here.

Pick a DVD. I cannot choose!

I have The Dark Knight, Fight Club, In Bruges, Wolverine and Iron Man here... Just watched Star Trek. Can't pick next one.

Very random general chat here.

Pick a DVD. I cannot choose!

I have The Dark Knight, Fight Club, In Bruges, Wolverine and Iron Man here... Just watched Star Trek. Can't pick next one.

Dark Knight.... or Star Trek again! :(

Wolverine is ok, just how can you get the best casting for a character (Reynolds as Wilson) then make him the comic book character and totally DESTROY everything that was good about him?

Jackman is still the man though *swoons*

Dark Knight is INCREDIBLE though.

I know I shouldn't ask but with the event only being in April, are there any plans for other guests?

It still says on the website; 'further guests to be announced' so I'm guessing that they may be working on a few more guests for us, I love the current guest line-up. :D I'm starting to wonder when registration lessons will be posted out :P

Edited by Doctor Who