General chat

etmuse

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you not like the Glee version?

I don't know, there's just something about the specific version which I don't really like, I think it's mainly the arrangement lol. In advert breaks of Law and Order: UK on Monday, I put Glee on and the programme did actually look quite good plus I liked some of their other covers. I do quite like the show, just not that specific cover lol. :yoda:

And how can you like anything that was on the X-factor...ever...

I love The X Factor, it's awesome in my opinion. Some of my favourite artists are; JLS (I met them and they were all lovely plus their music's great), Alexandra Burke, Leona Lewis and Joe McElderry. I think a lot of the acts, infact most acts, from the show are brilliant and so long as the gigs aren't postponed again, I'll be meeting Lloyd and Danyl from this year's show later this month. Olly and Stacey also have gigs lined up, their dates are just being confirmed. It's £10 for a meet and greet, high quality professional photo with them, autograph from them and admission to their gig, that's a bargain if you ask me. I also went to last year's X Factor Tour and have tickets for this year's tour, I can't wait. As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Seconded :lol: I'm actually with Sting on this one, I don't think that the X Factor actually adds anything to the music industry. And I am totally thrilled that Rage won :chair:

Also, Mark, how could you? :lol: Joe McWassit's such a girl. Whereas Journey are amazing!! And I've never seen Glee, just the advert.

Journey are amazing!!

And what's with Glee?? I've never seen it - what's it about?? What am I missing??

Glee is the new show on E4, 9pm on Mondays. It's about a glee club in a US high school (kinda like a choir but more modern). The teacher is played by the guy who played Link in the Broadway production of Hairspray and is pretty hot! It's really good, with an ascerbic cheerleading coach who is a genius!

Seconded :lol: I'm actually with Sting on this one, I don't think that the X Factor actually adds anything to the music industry. And I am totally thrilled that Rage won :chair:

Also, Mark, how could you? :lol: Joe McWassit's such a girl. Whereas Journey are amazing!! And I've never seen Glee, just the advert.

Journey are amazing!!

And what's with Glee?? I've never seen it - what's it about?? What am I missing??

Glee is the new show on E4, 9pm on Mondays. It's about a glee club in a US high school (kinda like a choir but more modern). The teacher is played by the guy who played Link in the Broadway production of Hairspray and is pretty hot! It's really good, with an ascerbic cheerleading coach who is a genius!

Mmmmm - may have to take a look on Monday. Damn, won't be back from college in time!!

Happy birthday by the way, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. *hip hip, Doctor Whoooray, hip hip, Doctor Whoooray* :lol:

Late reply is late! Thanks 8D

I concur with you for once haha!

So what do we all think of the news regarding Torchwood USA (see here), do you think it will replace the UK series if it's commisioned fully or do you think that it'll run seperately and that we'll get two versions of the show. Personally, I'd be much happier with the latter as I'm not sure that I'd want Cardiff to be left behind, especially if it means the loss of characters.

Edited by Doctor Who

So what do we all think of the news regarding Torchwood USA (see here), do you think it will replace the UK series if it's commisioned fully or do you think that it'll run seperately and that we'll get two versions of the show. Personally, I'd be much happier with the latter as I'm not sure that I'd want Cardiff to be left behind, especially if it means the loss of characters.

I was about to ask that.

I cba reading the article but I see a flop ahead and I concur with you, I hope we still keep the UK one, I think that's gonna be the general consensus here..

Having visited Cardiff for the first time last weekend, I think that it definitely should stay there. It's an awesome city, and American versions are very rarely better than the UK versions (apart from Queer As Folk...).

xxx

I reckon American Office was better in some parts than here... but LoM was not... and TW wouldn't be :|

Although reading more into it, it is sounding like an American spin-off, not the same team just americanised like in QAF LoM ect, like an American Branch.

Why not let Fox make their own crappy copy of it and let that fail like ITV and Primeval...

Edited by Never

See my cross-over idea would work with an 'american branch' of TW.

But A) Fox can do nasty things to certain parts of a dog for all the shows I've loved over the years that they have killed

and :( It just isnt needed, TW is huge in the US now too, the big event they hold over there where John attended showed that.

Oh my god, it will be amazing!! Ianto as leader of Torchwood: US, driving around in a 60's Chevvy based in New York behind a Coffee shop! The Rift basing itself in the Empire state building and the team will have one hot busty blonde! (I love blondes) She'll be the brains behind the tech, a geeky brunette guy whose the butler and a not so busty, shouty brunette babe whose the Doctor =D

This is America, they have to be busty babes =p

Hmm, new idea David Tennant is my Geeky Brunette guy =D Only need to replace Gwen except I don't know what she does apart from yell at Jack and run around Cardiff waving a gun =p

Edit: to be written by Chris Chibnall, James Moran, Joesph Lidster, Catherine Treganna, Joss Whedon and Exc Prod will be McG (he does Supernatural and X-Files don't you know :( Also wanted Kim Manners but he died).

Hmm, I may have put too much thought into this even though entire thought process lasted 15 minutes =/

Edited by owl post 1992

Hmm. If there is a US version of TW I probably won't bother watching it. I mean, Torchwood is cheesy enough already without having Americans involved :(

You don't want American's involved? american's like James Marsters?

That winking smilie at the end...it was supposed to signify that I was joking...

Hmm. If there is a US version of TW I probably won't bother watching it. I mean, Torchwood is cheesy enough already without having Americans involved :(

You don't want American's involved? american's like James Marsters?

That winking smilie at the end...it was supposed to signify that I was joking...

Huh, it didn't show up when I read it, stupid IE.