General chat

etmuse

Torchwood US is an interesting idea........done by FOX, hummmm!

I predict this could well go the same way as Red Dwarf, where the pilot is so diabolical that it is never spoken of!

Fox'll kill it by the 3rd episode anyway!

And it could well be horribly hetronominative!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'm still pretending that the whole US thing never happened, with the hopes that it never will.

(Dozens of shows are in development or discussions in the US every year without even making it to pilot stage... *crosses fingers*)

I think it should stay in Cardiff. America would probably ruin it.

This! As an American, I'm utterly appalled at these plans, though I sort of knew it was happening. (Just not with Fox.) I want Torchwood to stay in Cardiff.

I predict this could well go the same way as Red Dwarf, where the pilot is so diabolical that it is never spoken of!

Yes, to all of the above. Fox is very homophobic, so yes, the series would likely be horribly heteronormative. I am not at all happy that an American network is sinking its nasty claws into Torchwood. Especially THAT American network.

I think it should stay in Cardiff. America would probably ruin it.

This! As an American, I'm utterly appalled at these plans, though I sort of knew it was happening. (Just not with Fox.) I want Torchwood to stay in Cardiff.

Yes, to all of the above. Fox is very homophobic, so yes, the series would likely be horribly heteronormative. I am not at all happy that an American network is sinking its nasty claws into Torchwood. Especially THAT American network.

If it was Showtime, or HBO I could see it being a 'goer', but Fox.......... well their history speaks for itself *shrugs*

Sadly (or not depending) we don't get Fox in the UK, so the TW UK massive really wouldn't affect the viewing figures (not that that seems to make a difference to them!)

Sadly (or not depending) we don't get Fox in the UK, so the TW UK massive really wouldn't affect the viewing figures (not that that seems to make a difference to them!)

That really depends cos 24 has a huge UK viewing audience which was why it was given S2 and thus became popular in the US (S1 never had big figures in the US I believe a few fans turned in due to internet chatter about it). Also if its popular in the US some TV comp here might buy it to steal TW's core fanbase from the Beeb.

I whizzed through all 13 episodes in 3 days. You're right, it's insanely addictive.

And I've been listening to the albums almost non-stop too.

Just seem them all in basically 24 judging by the time on that first post after watching the 1st ep. And I now have 10 minutes of the last episode!

So darned addictive and upbeat D:

But the Single Ladies dancing makes me think of *shudder* D8

But I do love Kurt, and his dad, yeah.

But I also love Finn. No matter how idiotic he is. (I'm cosplaying him, wonder why they chose him for me :/ ¬__)

I also quite like Rachel!

But my OTP is Emma/Schu DAAAWW

• Moderators

I'll be watching the 2nd half of the season as it airs in America. I considered watching the first half, but I really do watch too many shows and I didn't think I'd keep up with it...

Oh well, guess I'll just have to...

And it comes back 2 days after Hub 4 - that's going to be a good week!

PS About the earlier JB going global convo that was happening here, I've read that that was just in reference to Desperate Housewives and that he isn't going to be on TW America. If it happens.

Time for snark but how do you know he won't be on BBCA? If your on about the US TW, then another thread has a script all primed, Desperate Housewives is just the current rather then future project John has going on.