General chat

etmuse

• Moderators

Sometimes there are issues with the rights to music when shows go to DVD. They need different agreements for DVDs and for airing on TV - I've seen it happen with various shows that the DVDs have different music.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final season of Charmed the DVDs didn't even have the right theme music - that one was really weird as the first 7 seasons did, just the last season had different.

How weird! It was Paradise Lost's version of 'How Soon is Now', wasn't it? Can't imagine they'd withhold the rights to that :D

• Moderators

Love Spit Love's version actually... and it seemed weird that they got the rights for 7 seasons and then didn't. The theme music for s8 is just... wrong.

On a similar note: the theme music they use for 'House' in the UK and Australia isn't the same one they use in the US - they couldn't get the rights even for TV here.

• Moderators

They're still there - they've just been unstickied. They're in the main section of the forum now (look down!)

I'm hoping it's maybe because they have new things (party themes perhaps, or a new guest) to announce soon.

Edited by etmuse

I is pondering if they changed any songs on the Supernatural DVDs.

I don't think they have.

But I only know from season 3 onwards as I've never seen the aired American versions of seasons 1 & 2.

I've only known the DVDs, I may have to look into seeing if there are clips available anywhere to view the American version.

Anyone else do the "I've met him/her" thing that I tend to do it conversation?

I was just talking to my father and Nicholas Farrell was on Poirot behind him and it was "blah blah blah blah blah hot water ect-- ooh, I've met him -*point*/ anyway, carry on... blah blah blah"

I was just talking to my father and Nicholas Farrell was on Poirot behind him and it was "blah blah blah blah blah hot water ect-- ooh, I've met him -*point*/ anyway, carry on... blah blah blah"

Yes... o_O

Except mines more "OMG! guess what! I've met them!! Did you know i've met them!! And i hugged them!" lol, i think a may get a bit over-excited xD

And then there's the whole "Not him, or him or her, there he is!... no, not David Suchet.. HIM!"

Ahahaa, yeah x]

"not them, not them, not them, keep looking..... THEM!"

I think now if we do that while TW is on you wouldnt hear ANY dialouge because most episodes would be:

'...and him...and her...and him...oh and she was nice...and her...and him, he hugged me....'

for the whole episode ;)

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Gone all the way through to 'this time last week I was drinking with etc...' ;)