• Waiting for Lenora to be announced
    • Not interested in the show/con
    • Too many events next year
    • Broke!
    • Waiting for friends to decide
    • Already have a ticket
    • Other (please specify below)

Its a few things for me actually.

Firstly I am actually coming and going to bring one of my friends with me, but I had to say I'd buy her ticket as a birthday present as its too expensive for her. I know alot of other people that would come if they could afford it too.

I have been waiting to see if Aidan or Lenora or the writer Tobey would be announced because while its a good line up now, the kind of line ups you guys normally get for British shows is awesome (Torchwood cons have had all star lineups - but I'm not actually a fan of that show LOL) So I thought they'd be a few more of the main hitters, especially as you already had the lovely Lenora & Russell at CM: Midlands.

I don't mean that as critiscm so please don't yell at me peeps :thumbup:

Unfortunately I can't actually buy our tickets now because I am all spent out for Christmas and haven't got enough left to buy today, but I am 100% buying 2 tickets as i have already pre-booked hotel room and time off work etc :P

Finally the cast and crew seem to be doing a number of preview screenings for season 2, which they all attend. Now I know that will in no way be the same experience, and the con will offer you a whole lot more but people who have never been to a con before probably don't and the preview screening are ridiciously cheap in comparison. So with a lot of people in the fandom seemingly being new to fandom in general that might be another issue.

I don't mean that as critiscm so please don't yell at me peeps :thumbup:

I hope people don't feel afraid to be critical on this forum.

Everything you say is perfectly reasonable. It's pure logic if loads of people met two of the stars, most will probably interested in the third too - he's the first you'd want announced surely?

I'm elsewhere that weekend, but I was intending to get a friend to get stuff signed. But I've now told her about the premires Ba**a are doing.

Finally the cast and crew seem to be doing a number of preview screenings for season 2, which they all attend. Now I know that will in no way be the same experience, and the con will offer you a whole lot more but people who have never been to a con before probably don't and the preview screening are ridiciously cheap in comparison. So with a lot of people in the fandom seemingly being new to fandom in general that might be another issue.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there :-)

The other factor though, is that those screenings are really small, they don't get many people going to them, because they fill up so quick.

I went with 'too expensive', but that's purely because I would only want to pop in for 1 day and couldn't justify spending money for a whole weekend. It is reasonably priced, but wish there were day tickets instead. It's right on my doorstep too!

In terms of this event, for me at least, I don't like Being Human enough to pay for this event. Its a great show, but with LFCC, Collectormanias in the easily accessible places, Bitten (maybe) plus the potential of a Supernatural convention, teamed with Christmas, holidays and life, I can't justify it.

I do want this event to be a success though. So I hope tickets can be shifted.

The other factor though, is that those screenings are really small, they don't get many people going to them, because they fill up so quick.

Yeah exactly :-) I understand that theres a lot of fans but if we have the chance to go to the smaller more intimate get longer with the cast ones for a tenth of the price we're gonna :-P thats nothing against the organisers just that being human are so good to their fans (yay :-)) that there just isnt as much call for this kinda thing as for maybe torchwood and the american shows and stuff.

At the moment money, I was planning HB for a month, had even saved up cash for this and hub3, before falling ill! Which has left me in a state of no money, i've only just recovered enough to have spending money again and that gone on all Xmas presents this year. So it is after an Xmas season that i'll be booking most definitly!!

It still on my books to go, and i really can't wait! I may not be dressing up for the parties but i do hope to go! XD

I think that Showmasters should have a Winter sale on tickets for the con.

I know people who are interested but are skint for money at the moment

Maybe by doing that, they would encourage ticket sales

This is hypothetical remember

Plus, if they advertise on the BH blog maybe

Plus plus, if they wait, the show is on in a month for series two, they might see an upsurge in tickets.

I'm still waiting for mine though, I got my e-mail re:tickets but the physical tickets haven't come yet