Your Ideal (yet vaguely realistic) Line-Up

etmuse

• Moderators

This has been working pretty well in the Hub4 forum where I started it a few days ago, so I thought I'd start one here too (with similar rules).

We already have Tony Head in the line-up, and being reasonably optimistic, let's say we get a total of 6 guests for the event. This leaves FIVE other spaces to be filled!

The purpose of this thread: state who you want those five to be. But to be 'vaguely realistic', as the title states, there are restrictions. They are wildly optimistic restrictions, but restrictions nonetheless.

Taking my list for this from the poll thread SM did for HW 1, you can only choose ONE of the following:

Joss Whedon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, David Boreanaz, Alyson Hannigan, Seth Green

Other than that, your list should be as realistic as possible - i.e. don't fill it with other really big names! SM/ME do not have an unlimited guest budget! it's really difficult in the Whedon-verse to define who counts as a 'big name' guest, so I've removed the specific limitations here, but while you can be OPTIMISTIC, keep it reigned in a little!

Remember this is also IN ADDITION to Tony Head.

I will keep a tally of the votes cast for each person in this first thread.

(I will also post my own list of 5, once I've worked out who they should be).

Guest Tally So Far

23 - Nathan Fillion

23 - Eliza Dushku

15 - Amy Acker

13 - Alexis Denisof

10 - Nicholas Brendon

9 - James Marsters

9 - Alyson Hannigan

9 - Seth Green

8 - Christian Kane

7 - Joss Whedon

7 - Enver Gjokaj

7 - Summer Glau

7 - Jewel Staite - TICK!

6 - Fran Kranz

6 - Julie Benz

6 - Adam Baldwin

5 - Alan Tudyk - TICK!

5 - Amber Benson

5 - Felicia Day

5 - Olivia Williams

5 - Sarah Michelle Gellar

5 - Neil Patrick Harris

4 - Jonathan Woodward

4 - David Boreanaz

4 - Marc Blucas

4 - Juliet Landau

4 - Iyari Limon

4 - Emma Caulfield

3 - J August Richards

3 - Dichen Lachman

3 - Gina Torres

3 - Charisma Carpenter

2 - Tom Lenk

2 - Claire Kramer

2 - Tahmoh Penikett

2 - Kristin Sutherland

2 - Michelle Trachtenberg

2 - Mark Metcalf

1 - Harry Groener

1 - Sarah Hagan

1 - Julia Lee

1 - Stephanie Romanov - TICK!

1 - Reed Diamond

1 - Daniel Dae Kim

1 - Bianca Lawson

1 - Sean Maher

1 - George Herzberg

1 - Robin Sachs

1 - Morena Baccarin

Voters Tallied So Far (so I don't add anyone twice!)

DavidB, vampiric kitten, 1of2, theblackrose, Elspeth, Sazzzy, Buffy Lover, Daniel, Lestat, Buffy Angel, killerinc, crazyminx, TomV, Aussieman, Charlokylie, Gemmaxoxo, WILLOW99, ForEver, charlene024, nickysgirl77, Charlie Aome, shortstuff, frosty, plasticpingu8, lovelybaby, Allieandra, Ellewood, Ginnean, natfrog5, spikesjacket, DeeDee and Big Momma, Numfar, doubleshiny, Ukulelly, Catchoo, clarabell, slayerette, etmuse, ann+sara+emma+dani, sebgohan314, Dellefyne, Sky, sandman1, domino, Gaby, Angelus88, Touchstone, fontcroire, emmy141, timelord81r, kels, chimmykins

(49)

Edited by etmuse

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks up definition of 'impossilbe'. Finds 'Hallowhedon guest poll'. Sigh.

I have resisted the urge to put David/Sarah on the basis that they would be impossible to get...notes previous commment about impossible...have I just got myself into a weird, ironic, chicken & egg scenario?

Jewel Staite

Nathan Fillion

Summer Glau

Julie Benz

Juliet Landau (the chance of a possible Juliet & Julie talk removes Amy Acker :thumbup: )

• Moderators

Everyone up to here added.

I'm still struggling with this one to work out the definition of what should count as being a 'big but not the huge 5 listed' guest, so I have (for now at least) decided that all of your lists are fine and I'll ponder on this later.

(Any help on working out the 'what is a big guest' list gratefully received!)

Everyone up to here added.

I'm still struggling with this one to work out the definition of what should count as being a 'big but not the huge 5 listed' guest, so I have (for now at least) decided that all of your lists are fine and I'll ponder on this later.

(Any help on working out the 'what is a big guest' list gratefully received!)

Was wondering the same thing when working out mine. It is hard as Joss tends to pick excellent people to be in his shows regardless of if they will have a major, minor, or almost non-existent role! this may explain why this poll's are the hardest to do

Some are really easy to class. Others less so. Looking at the more normal poll on here, and the one from last year, Mark Metcalf is in the thid choice section. For me I feel he should be in the second section. Likewise Amy Acker is in the second choice list. I would have thought she would be in the first choice, although many may disagree with both of these. This is similar to the many 'who is an actual A-lister' debates, some of it is down to personal preference, and some of it the actors real-world worth/marketability

Not really helpful. All I can suggest is to base it around the previous polls sections for now.

• Moderators

Joss Whedon

Seth Green

Emma Caulfield

Julie Benz

Charisma Carpenter

Only choose one from the 'really big 5' list, please (I know it's hard! Why do you think I haven't posted my own list yet?!)

Everyone else up to here tallied up.

Edited by etmuse

Joss Whedon

Seth Green

Emma Caulfield

Julie Benz

Charisma Carpenter

Only choose one from the 'really big 5' list, please (I know it's hard! Why do you think I haven't posted my own list yet?!)

Everyone else up to here tallied up.

Oh. I think I've gone blind, I could have sworn it said 2. I change Seth to Tom Lenk. ;D

Hmm tricky!

Alexis Denisof

Eliza Dushku

Amy Acker (if she counts as not a big name!)

Nathan Fillion

Christian Kane

That would be an AMAZING line-up!

If Amy counts as a big name I will swap Nathan for...hmm...Jewel? And if she's still too big I'd like Mark Lutz again! <3

Hope that's ok :frankie:

Edited by crazyminx

• Moderators

Honestly, I have no idea who I'm counting as a 'big' guest for this anymore. As long as your line-up doesn't include more than 1 of 'the list' and is otherwise 'vaguely realistic', I'm going with it.

Alyson Hannigan (If we're really lucky by getting Aly we'd get Alexis, sort of a 2 for 1 special)

Claire Kramer (Wouldn't that be Glorious... I need coffee)

Reed Diamond (Fun nerd fact, he was also in a recent episode of Castle)

Jonathan M. Woodward (Gotta have one of the hat trickers)

Nicholas Brendon (He said about 4 times during hallowhedon that he'd come back if asked, I believe that makes him the most realistic one of all, even thoguh we've all seen him before, this is realism not idealism)

• Moderators

Everyone's votes added up to here.

And...

even though we've all seen him before, this is realism not idealism

Not all of us could make HW1 (was too soon after Hub3 for me) so we haven't ALL seen him ;)