give us some twi guests

sungift500

it depends on filming schedules and conflicts in timetables. i too want twilight guests but we have 2 month til the event. patience is a virtue :) the fact that the talk says 'guests' does seem to hint another will be announced so don't bother asking too many times :) the contracts need to go through before we find out anything D:

i would rather not have any more twilight guests. there are already so many twilight events through the year, lets have one event dominated by guests from other movie and tv franchises that dont have events throughout the year and therefore get to meet different people.

I would rather guests like Anthony Michael Hall and Shannon Doherty attend than ones constantly from the same average movie. Plus i imagine the twilight guest are milking it at the moment with high fee's, so why not wait until they are less popular and cheaper and get some more diverse guests.

I know thats going to upset a few but i watched the twilight film and it sucked. i cant believe so many people get worked up over such an average film. if you want a decent vampire movie see The Lost Boys , it kicks twilight's ass.

Edited by jayjedi

I agree with jayjedi on the part about wanting guests from another francise i think there has been more than enough twilight guests at other events.

theres so many more movies and tv shows they could cover

id love a lost guest as its been a year since the last one (m.c gainy at c14)

but i suppose its best to milk the cow before it runs dry ...

Edited by nikstar1989

• Moderators

I realise that a lot of Twilight fans have got used to having one or two guests at practically every event. It can't happen all the time though, and no doubt there'll be times where people are disappointed.

We had it with Lord of the Rings - a hugely popular franchise around the time of release - where we had numerous guests over a couple of years because it was the hot property at the time. Showmasters knew that, and wanted to get them while they'd be really popular. It's exactly the same thing with Twilight.

So yes, we're likely to continue to get guests from that, but one or two at an event isn't going to overly impact the rest of the lineup. Just for the record, I have no interest in Twilight whatsoever, but I completely understand why they're getting them at the moment. Unfortunately there's a lot of things that don't get covered simply because they're not bringing the fans in. Twilight is right now.

Im with David. I'm not into twilight in the slightest but I get why SM are going all out for the fandom right now, its THE big money.

And the reason I dont go all 'omg why twi guests, I hate them!' is that the more money it brings to SM, the more money they have for other guests and events for us non-twilight fans :YAHOO:

Yes more please!!!

and a note to people not wanting them...we respect your fandoms so please - respect ours' ;)

I fully respect everyones 'fandoms' I appreciate we can't all have our own way. I just didn't realise twi meant Twilight. The franchise is not my cup of tea but it is THE thing at the moment and if SM can capitalise on it and earn the big money from it then so be it...The more they earn they more then can invest in qaulity guests. Oh god just realised I may have opened another debate on 'quality guests DOH!! :D

:o we get that twilight is the big thing at the moment, and i think that 3 stand alone conventions in one year would cover it, but there is a danger of alienating many others if the guest budget is spent on the same frachise . get one guest from twilight and they will still come. get 3 guests from twilight and dont book a lost guest because the budget cannot stand it and you could lose a whole fanbase. thats the point i was trying to illustrate... and the fact the movie sucked :D ...the book might be better, but after watching the film i am not going to find out.

• Moderators

Yes, but there's conventions and the fans STILL turn out for the signing events too. The fanbase is very passionate and they're spending a lot of money.

Things like Lost and other shows aren't necessarily bringing out the same amount of people they once were. It's unfortunate. Lost is one of my favourite shows of all time, so I'm certainly not arguing in favour of Twilight because I like it, but if the conventions weren't supported then it's not surprising that the show isn't well represented at events. Same with many other shows that get requested, like CSI etc. They're unproven in a convention environment, and so they can't really lose a fanbase that wasn't turning out in the first place.

SMs are obviously willing to try new things though, as with the Supernatural guests. If they don't work out, we won't get many more, but we'll see.

And I'm sure you can make your point without saying "the movie sucked" - that's just a little antagonistic.

As a Twilight and Lost fan I can understand where people are coming from but I don't think it's right for people to say things suck to try and back up their point.

At the end of the day Lost guests aren't making showmasters money and Twilight guests are and also bring whole new audience to con and signing events and at the end of the day Showmasters needs those new customers.

I think Showmasters bring a great range of guests to their events loads of people I've never heard of but I understand why people get excited as they are rare signers or first time. I don't slag off other people for the I have no idea who you are guests I resepct that other people are really happy and a simple thread for someone requests guests from a fandom is not a place for some people who do not like it to slag the fandom off.

I think maybe the people who do not like the Twilight fandom would be best to stay out of the thread.

• Moderators

Honestly? I didn't hate it like I thought I would, and I respect that it is the 'hot' thing right now.

There are a lot of things I don't like, but I don't generally post saying they suck and there shouldn't be guests from them. That's just me though.

Unfortunately perceived 'quality' isn't always directly related to the number of guests we get from something .. or else we'd have conventions for things like The Wire etc. Same with 'popularity,' or else we'd have a Coronation Street con lol

a simple thread for someone requests guests from a fandom is not a place for some people who do not like it to slag the fandom off.

dont we already have a guest suggestion thread ?

Same with 'popularity,' or else we'd have a Coronation Street con lol

can you imagine the queue outside earls court?, a line of old ladies ready to give some young actor ( sorry i dont watch it ) either a slap or a kiss LOL

Unfortunately perceived 'quality' isn't always directly related to the number of guests we get from something .. or else we'd have conventions for things like The Wire etc.

i have to be up at 6 so haven't seen it but my friends tell me its excellent, will have to get some boxsets

but I don't generally post saying they suck and there shouldn't be guests from them.

i didn't say there shouldn't be any guests from them ... i just said that with 1 guest already maybe we could diversify with others, as its been twilight overload this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with a previous poster that Michael Welch would be a good choice. Actually, I think a fantastic choice would be Chris Heyerdahl who, I believe, is playing one of the three Volturi.

Michael Welch played Mini-Jack in an episode of Stargate, so his presence would also keep that fanbase happy.

Chris Heyerdahl was in Stargate Atlantis as an Athosian and is currently playing John Druitt and Bigfoot in Sanctuary, so would attract two additional (though overlapping) fanbases.

I absolutely adore the Lost Boys ! Incredible film and would love to see more lost boys guests,

but, there is no reason not to get one or two more twilight guests, even if there is a twilight convention.

Didn't stop having multiple harry potter guests at LFCC despite having muggle mayhem. And that went down really well.

2 or 3 guests from the same current film are bound to provide a more interesting talk, and it has already been announced that there is a twilight talk. So the more the merrier, it won't change the con.

I love not knowing who the guests are going to be or from which film, tv show comics etc Makes it really varied.

I am going to ET2, and love Twilight, but that doesn't mean I don't love Stargate, Red Dwarf, Trek, or indeed any of the sci fi programmes out there.

Variety is the spice of life! Just don't read into the way the twilight vampires are too much or it will drive you nuts if you are a stickler for detail. It is fine for Twilight fans (and I am one, despite being primarily a lost boys fan), so let them be. It is a current trend, and SM are daft if they ignore that. (not that they are!)

Just go with the flow. Like it or like not

It doesn't hurt anyone :unsure: